Does noise annoy you ?

6 minutes ago, sirineou said:

Thailand is the wrong country for anyone who doesn't like loud noise . 

I especially love roosters!! Nothing soothes my nerves more,   a loud  shrill ,rooster  , screaming its Cacadodlou doos every 10 seconds all day long. 

Cocke doodle doooo !!!🐦

Talking about roosters ,I love cow mooing , mooo ! Mooo ! 

I love it 🐄🤠

Horse one is great too ,can anyone do that ?

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Haha 1

Yes, more then ever.  Inconsiderate and rude to openly watch a movie with no headphones on a plane.  Or, having a full loud conversation on a phone in a public restaurant or shop. 

The sign of the times people could careless about others. 

Add, the general loud speakers, motorcycles and cars with no mufflers. Thailand is a very loud place.

• Like 2

Misophonia, a sensitivity of certain tones and/or sounds. The best remedy is the use of earplugs. Hyperacusis is sensitivity to loud noise or sounds that seem loud. Again, the use of earplugs is a good remedy.

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I especially love roosters!! Nothing soothes my nerves more,   a loud  shrill ,rooster  , screaming its Cacadodlou doos every 10 seconds all day long. 

Had the rooster topped in the next house, sorted the most of the barking dogs out as well as the PA music players. Boots wax earplugs are the best for cutting out noise, mostly the wifes family yakking

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Does noise annoy you ?

Yes & No.

In a residential area, on a BTS, bus, on a plane and other public places it is a definite NO!

But in a disco, musical show in an auditorium etc. it is OK

Has anyone ever encountered the super smart guy/gal who speaks very loudly in places such as on the BTS, on an aircraft etc.? They also seem to be lucky that nature has endowed on them a voice that penetrates the thickest skulls! or a group of females chatting and laughing  (cackling?) in similar places.

Edited by ravip
Add
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

Loud talkers are the worse though

comes from listening to music too loud when we were young...

drunk people also talk louder too

as for me, personally, I do talk loud but not out of choice. I have severe tinnitus in one ear... loud enough to make it hard to make out what people are saying... so I do sadly speak loudly 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Most noise,It all started when I noticed my alcoholic father eat at the kitchen table,with his mouth open.

Sounded like this. As soon as my kids got off baby food , proper eating habits were taught!

Later on it was 

roosting sparrows,

Roosters,

Crows,

obsessive dog barking,

children whining .

Edited by riclag
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Pouatchee said:

comes from listening to music too loud when we were young...

drunk people also talk louder too

as for me, personally, I do talk loud but not out of choice. I have severe tinnitus in one ear... loud enough to make it hard to make out what people are saying... so I do sadly speak loudly 

i did a google search recently to see if Americans had a greater incidence of deafness, you know because of the loud talking, but no, nothing to show they are up the rankings

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Moonlover said:

Here you go lads, another golden opportunity to Thai bash presented by our resident 'click bait extraordinaire'. 

Actually I mentioned Filipino, ,followed by a comment about a farang (in Thailand) on a motorbike ,not sure why your so Thai centric ,this forum is not just about Thailand ,your getting old mate ,move with the times, it's not just about Thailand anymore, I should start another topic why old guys live in the past

It's not all about Thailand only 👍

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Actually I mentioned Filipino, ,followed by a comment about a farang (in Thailand) on a motorbike ,not sure why your so Thai centric ,this forum is not just about Thailand ,your getting old mate ,move with the times, it's not just about Thailand anymore 👍

While we’re at it , one of my immediate neighbors comes home in the wee hours of the morning and converses with his dog children like it was 2 pm in the afternoon .

All his phone conversations are on speakerphone , he shouts everything.

My wife’s voice gets high when her family comes over, its not annoying but there is a distinct difference.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, sirineou said:

Would you like them as much at 2 am, when the roosters hit their stride in my GF's village?

• Like 1

I truly admire people who can block annoying nuisance noises out!

My Other neighbor comes from Wales

he has hearing problems and uses a hearing aid.

When a mutual friend comes over to visit with her 6 year old son the Wales guy  has to leave and goto another room cause the kids whining is off the wall.He says it hurts. It doesn’t hurt me but it is very annoying.

• Like 1