Does noise annoy you ?

1 minute ago, Keeps said:

I think the correct name for them is American....

I was in Jomtian many years ago having breakfast with my wife.

A Russian women was speaking very loudly to her adult son who sat a few tables away from her.

After 5 minutes I motion with my hands to bring it down .

She looked confused while her son translated what I meant.She complied.

My wife was stunned that I complained! I said this was a restaurant and her conversation , judging by her facial expressions was argumentative ,rude and insensitive to others in the small confines of the coffee shop.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

This was BEFORE it was the norm,  it reminds me of the time 2  years  ago in the lounge of Oman air in the "quiet zone" where there are some beds you can lie down on, with signs  saying to be quiet when a  German walks  in and has a loud  phone conversation,  he was  stood  next to the "quiet"  sign, I stood  up and loudly  said "FFS" to which he pointed to the sign to say be  quiet......told him he was  an effing  <deleted> right in his  face. Todays oblivious people.

Edited by Rampant Rabbit
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, uttradit said:

If bothered by noise a lot you have a lack of focus. The problem is with you not them.

What?! 

So, if someone started playing the trumpet or having music full volume at 2am in the room next to yours...when you had to be up for work at 6am......you will be in the wrong as u have lack of focus?  😅

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

13 hours ago, sirineou said:

Thailand is the wrong country for anyone who doesn't like loud noise . 

I especially love roosters!! Nothing soothes my nerves more,   a loud  shrill ,rooster  , screaming its Cacadodlou doos every 10 seconds all day long. 

And yet you chose to live in the countryside??? 

• Haha 1

Went to a disco once could only stand it for half an hour. Took my beer and went outside and joined the other old duffers that felt the same way. My old lady came out about ten minutes after, she couldn't stand it either and she is Thai.

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

When I was younger I loved loud music !

Going to pub events , Rock concerts etc 

Listening to 1980's music at loud volumes my motto was... IF it's too LOUD your TOO OLD ! 

but fast forward now I'm old I found out I'm getting old when I got into a Philippines flight in economy last year short flight Bangkok to Manila only to have half the plane of young Filipinos instead of wearing headphones watched their YouTube on their phones loudly ,I thought why is this bothering me so put on headphones but that was the start 

Even that week in Pattaya screeching ladyboys working in that pharmacy in Tukcom annoyed me ,as I'm standing there right next to me He/she started screeching.....right in my ear to the other ladyboy 

I can't do the screech ,can anyone do it ? It's like a low pitched screech 

then I noticed a farang on his motorbike at the traffic lights in Jomtien , he revved it up so it backfired and looked around to see if everyone is looking at him ,he was wearing a nazi type motor bike helmet as he revved it up loud 

Noise is starting to irritate me , is this normal as we age ?

Yes, at the end comes "Rest in Peace"🙏

If you’re old, I would not worry about little stuff like that. Have some earplugs put them in your ears if the noise is not comfortable for you to hear most people when they’re old age become very mellow, and few things will not bother them anymore because they realize life’s too short to worry about small <deleted> TIT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

i did a google search recently to see if Americans had a greater incidence of deafness, you know because of the loud talking, but no, nothing to show they are up the rankings

Lots of incidence of loss o f hearing for people who did what I did, decades ago.  Sat with earphones on listening to Morse code for hours a day going on for months, and other unexpected static crashes.   Got tinnitus form that too.  Then there were the loud noises of weapons being fired.   

21 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Let's face it some people don't know their loud or the effects on people around them 

Now I just wear my head phones even in Thailand, screaming ladyboys screeching , motor bikes being revved up , etc 

Not sure why Thais are so loud, maybe it is the poor education and they think things will get done quicker if they shout. It annoys me when wifey shouts at our six year old daughter.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, sirineou said:

Thailand is the wrong country for anyone who doesn't like loud noise . 

I especially love roosters!! Nothing soothes my nerves more,   a loud  shrill ,rooster  , screaming its Cacadodlou doos every 10 seconds all day long. 

I think it’s Cock-a-Doodle-Doo!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, radiochaser said:

Lots of incidence of loss o f hearing for people who did what I did, decades ago.  Sat with earphones on listening to Morse code for hours a day going on for months, and other unexpected static crashes.   Got tinnitus form that too.  Then there were the loud noises of weapons being fired.   

Yep, communications at constant level does degrade hearing.  I worked in communications centers with its alarm bells, high precedence alarms, high speed printers, card punches, and more for 15 years.  Did you work at 7th RRFS at Ramasun Station near Udorn Thani, Thailand?

I have been nearly driven insane by a frigging water bore drilling truck that lasted 5 days on two neighbors property, it started at 6.30am every day, a really noisy exhaust coming out of the rig and a mega huge compressor. When it stopped several times a day with a big whoosh of air it was like having a bad tooth removed, instant relief. got a headache now just thinking about it.

• Like 1

Not so much the noise, but the actions associated with it.

Just this past weekend had a party with the locals again. Neighborhood Thai music DJ sets up. Cranks volume then proceeds to try and talk to me.

Now my Thai is not great but I can chat a bit. However it is nearly impossible for me to understand Thai with blaring music. 

Tell the guy can't understand with loud music so he just shuts up and drinks.

Ask wifey why play music so loud if you want people to chat. She couldn't hear me so I walked away.

The screeching ladyboy sounds have got to be the most annoying of all though. 

But all in all as I've aged I have found it does not bother me too much.