Does your Thai wife read aseannow?

Celsius

On 1/26/2024 at 7:10 PM, Celsius said:

I showed it to her once and she was genuinely confused by the topics discussed.

I showed her some discussion items. For example she would defend the sunbathing temple chicks. In general she wonders why so many foreigners are suffering with visa issues and thinks Thai government is insane with all the visa rules. She was disinterested about extremely violent road accidents (she drives like a maniac). She thinks Chinese are more dangerous than Russians (she is Chinese). She doesn't understand why some posters are gloating about MG cars. She rolls her eyes at any mention of monks (she's a christian)

English level - intermediate.

And your point is?

18 hours ago, mancub said:

Enough English to "manage" their foreign husband's finances anyways. 

My Thai wife owns and manages a business in the U.S. of A. that has a gross yearly income of more than $1,250,000.00 year!  So if she wants to manage my finances (she doesn't) she would probably do a better job than I am!  She can read American English too.  

1 minute ago, radiochaser said:

My Thai wife owns and manages a business in the U.S. of A. that has a gross yearly income of more than $1,250,000.00 year!  So if she wants to manage my finances (she doesn't) she would probably do a better job than I am!  She can read American English too.  

But can she pick her nose and send stickers on Facebook at the same time ? :tongue:

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mancub said:

But can she pick her nose and send stickers on Facebook at the same time ? :tongue:

I don't know.  But I can and I can flick them across the room too!!!  

Edited by radiochaser
  • Like 1

I showed it to her once and she was genuinely confused by the topics discussed

Me to 😮

She doesn't understand why some posters are gloating about MG cars

Me to 😮

19 hours ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Actually, I always found it funny that some farang claim that Thai are stupid, yet even uneducated farm girls seem to learn enough English to take care of their farang husbands who can speak no Thai... 

My wife if from a farming background life, she didn’t goto uni, she speaks 4 languages and reads three. I also get by in Thai.

Incidentally we both are from poor backgrounds, we built a business together and we’re now both quite wealthy compared to some.

So much for the stereotypical narrow minded views of some westerners. 

3 minutes ago, NightSky said:

My wife if from a farming background life, she didn’t goto uni, she speaks 4 languages and reads three. I also get by in Thai.

Incidentally we both are from poor backgrounds, we built a business together and we’re now both quite wealthy compared to some.

So much for the stereotypical narrow minded views of some westerners. 

Could it be due to low self esteem of some asean now posters and a need to denigrate someone else to make themselves feel better?   That or just plain arrogance that I am better than you low lifes!

Thought I would add, that some asean now posters imply they are better than other asean now posters too, not just better than Thai people!

Edited by radiochaser

5 minutes ago, brianthainess said:

That's very difficult, even I have a problem reading it.     🤣

Well, we don't reside in England, Scotland (do they speak English there, I forget), Australia, New Zealand, or Belize, we live in America.   So she reads American English.  
I however, am adapt at reading English written in other countries and understanding it.   Except, English assembly instructions, printed in China, for furniture made there, and shipped here.  

Edited by radiochaser

20 hours ago, BritManToo said:

My rabbits can also learn enough English to get by .......... that doesn't make them intelligent!

Interesting. There's another poster who claims to receive spiritual advice for a Rabbit.

1 hour ago, radiochaser said:

Well, we don't reside in England, Scotland (do they speak English there, I forget), Australia, New Zealand, or Belize, we live in America.   So she reads American English.  
I however, am adapt at reading English written in other countries and understanding it.   Except, English assembly instructions, printed in China, for furniture made there, and shipped here.  

Just 'aving a Tin Baff mate, 'cor blimey gov no need to get miffed abowit. 

3 hours ago, radiochaser said:

What business is that

14 hours ago, Celsius said:

What business is that

Thai food take out business.   It is situated inside a large building that is a historical landmark owned by the state in which it resides.   On a low sales day, over 10,000 people may go through the building that houses more than 100 other business'.  Of course, not all 10,000 people are not buying her product. 

Edited by radiochaser

14 hours ago, Chris Daley said:

They can recognize large printed symbols like ATM, Withdraw, 50% of everything you own, land.  But other than that it's just swiping and candy crush.

Would you please, pretty please, stop posting about my wife?!?!?
I'm not worried about the 50% withdrawal stuff.  Wife has more money than I do.   But those other things.   Yeah, stop posting would ya?

Edited by radiochaser

15 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Just 'aving a Tin Baff mate, 'cor blimey gov no need to get miffed abowit. 

Can ...  can ... you tell me in English what you wrote?  Neither google or bing translate can figure it out!