Does your Thai wife read aseannow?

Celsius

My wife doesn't read AN, but we will discuss some topics that she sees on the news and I read on the internet or AN.

• Like 1

Absolutely no interest and I'm very happy that that's the case. We do discuss the news sometimes and occasionally we'll discuss some of the topics that I've seen on this forum, but reading this forum would be very uninteresting to her. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would be seriously concerned about both the boyfriend / husband as well as the girlfriend / wife reading on AN, as their hubby does too. No life for sure. In the same time, it would be a double shock, as the Thai reading it, if a Thai, would show a few percent of intellectual interest.

Edited by ChaiyaTH
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Actually, I always found it funny that some farang claim that Thai are stupid, yet even uneducated farm girls seem to learn enough English to take care of their farang husbands who can speak no Thai... 

My rabbits can also learn enough English to get by .......... that doesn't make them intelligent!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 1FinickyOne said:

Actually, I always found it funny that some farang claim that Thai are stupid, yet even uneducated farm girls seem to learn enough English to take care of their farang husbands who can speak no Thai... 

Enough English to "manage" their foreign husband's finances anyways. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Andycoops said:

My wife doesn't know it exists and even if she did she wouldn't read a single post.

Much too busy with her FB and Line to be concerned about a farang forum.

Don't forget Tik Tok.  Only 20 Hrs a Day.

• Haha 1

Ha, ha, my gf can't read Romani language.

She gets her education only from Chanel 7, but she is and has been sweet, for over 15 years.

And of course I forgot to mention the social media.

Edited by Peterphuket
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Celsius said:

(she drives like a maniac)

I’ve dated Chinese in the past, dangerous drivers, absolutely terrifying xia crossing lanes on curves with a death grip on the steering wheel, swerving while looking in the mirror..

My wife is Thai. She was a teacher. She went through Thai schooling. She has a PHD. This is in Thailand. That’s a subject in itself. That’s another topic. I have never mentioned what I read. She watches a lot of Thai YouTube stuff.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, KhunLA said:

NO ... she's peeked a couple time when next to me, and simply rolled her eyes ... to be kind.  It would actually be embarrassing if she read AN, in all manners of thinking.  She, like myself, can't understand the hatred of TH & Thais, and people still live here.   

Though realize now, most members don't live here, which seems even weirder. 

She probably wonders why I bother at all, with some of my comments, while reading:  pervs, grumpy, ignorant, stupid, bigots ... just a few of my thoughts, while scanning some threads ... :cheesy:

She does appreciate the solar & EV info we got ... 👍 From my first query when joining, and reason for.  Not realizing it was TV rebranded.

Oh well, such is life.

Well, I realised too, that many AN members don't live in Thailand. It always surprised me when I switch on my phone at 7 am that there a dozens of comments already. So all is issued in a different time zone?😳

• Thumbs Up 1