Nato has to steel itself for Russian strikes on targets across Europe

3 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

Anyone falling for this silliness ... :cheesy:

"Senior generals within the alliance are urging member states to prepare for the possibility of Russian missile strikes targeting critical infrastructure across Europe, including Germany."

:cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

Da, comrade LA. 🙂

• Confused 2
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

One could apply the same reasoning to his invasion of Ukraine, despite his denials. Do you think he'd invade again now if he had a redo? His strategy now is to hang on and hope Trump wins so he'll nobble nato. Otherwise he'll release the tapes.

Yes, he'd do the same, and he's almost accomplished his agenda.  Might of been a bit more strategic with taking out top UA gov't & military officials, and then crossed the border.  

Think it would have been a smarter move.  Obviously got a bit more ground resistance than expected, along with being resupplied from afar. 

... Oops

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

He's not gaining ground in Ukraine to speak of. By next year Ukraine will have more weapons including F16's which will immediately give them air superiority which they don't currently have. Also Ukraine is ramping up drone production.

F16s won't give Ukraine air superiority as Russia as the ability to shoot down these planes just as Ukraine as the ability to shoot down Russian planes, but what they will provide is more protection from the glide missiles that the Russians are deploying from a high altitude. 

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

6 hours ago, ozimoron said:

He's not gaining ground in Ukraine to speak of. By next year Ukraine will have more weapons including F16's which will immediately give them air superiority which they don't currently have. Also Ukraine is ramping up drone production.

You assume much. You may have missed it but there is an election in the US later this year and that might change things somewhat.

Otherwise the GOP might decide it's a waste of money better spent on US infrastructure, or the Russians might have better ground to air missiles capable of destroying the F16s and drones.

All those vaunted Leopard tanks that were going to "win the war" didn't amount to much, did they?

It's always a mistake to think that nothing changes in a war.

• Confused 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

15 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Ukraine will have more weapons including F16's which will

According to "the leader of the free world"  lead to WWIII  !!!!

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-03-11/us-accuses-russia-of-using-un-council-for-spreading-disinformation

https://nypost.com/2022/03/11/thats-called-world-war-iii-biden-defends-decision-not-to-send-jets-to-ukraine/

• Confused 2

16 hours ago, BenStark said:

Nobody said NATO command is demented, but regardless of a Norwegian being the leader, we all know who rules NATO and there is plenty of evidence of his dementia.

Come on wokes, let the sad and confused emojis come

I take those type of emojis as a badge of honour which means my post is over the target. That said there should just be 2 a +1 and maybe a similar counter for sad.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

The Maidan was not a coup, but an uprising of the people.

A colour revolution then ?  egged on by the usual suspect ?

55 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Kyiv did not take kindly to the invasion and shelled Putin's forces in the Donbas.

So they have been attacking the region since 2014 as I stated ?

• Confused 4
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, johng said:

A colour revolution then ?  egged on by the usual suspect ?

So they have been attacking the region since 2014 as I stated ?

I don't know who the usual suspect is.

No, you stated 'since the 2014 Maiden coup'.

As I have already explained it wasn't a coup.

Maidan finished in February 2014 when Yanukovych was ousted.

Putin invaded later in April 2014 and Kyiv started attacking after that.

Edited by LosLobo
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

I don't know who the usual suspect is.

Think of a country with 800 odd military bases spread all over the globe...who could it be ?

12 minutes ago, LosLobo said:

Putin invaded later in April 2014 and Kyiv started attacking after that.

So they have been attacking since 2014 as I stated ?

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1