Way to stop mosquito

georgegeorgia

5 hours ago, sirineou said:

You can put one of these magnetic door screens , they are very inexpensive and work well,

I have one at my front door. They stick to the door frame with velcro strip, so are easy to instal, and remove when you move. image.png.56bc9d88690e8fbd589a205eb22677ca.png

Got these on our external doors.....they are the dogs......tad expensive, but worth it.

If it were me I would install the screen door out of my own pocket, it's not that expensive and it's really worth it. 

In terms of natural repellent I mix my own with a blend of 50% eucalyptus oil, 25% citronella, and 25% lemongrass. It works like a charm but the smell is strong, so it does put some people off, as it does the mosquitoes, flies and any flying insect. 

6 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Whilst it's a good article and thankyou it only mentions about mosquito coils .

I'm after any more natural ways or herbs 

I'm wondering if anyone has any luck with spreading garlic around? 

There are many reports of different natural oils/liquids/herbs. As a result there is nothing that will stop mozzies properly. And definitely no Vitamin B. So try it with the blue light stuff what butchers use.

8 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Whilst it's a good article and thankyou it only mentions about mosquito coils .

I'm after any more natural ways or herbs 

I'm wondering if anyone has any luck with spreading garlic around? 

Do you have Vampires as well, or just a Thai G/F 

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Anyone had any luck with those ones which plug into the wall socket?

I'm not sure how they are meant to work though 

They do work. Best method to my knowledge. Always have one going in the evening till morning.

They evaporate liquid via a wick. Last for at least a month at 8hrs a day - even with open window. Bayer is the best. Should get it at Lotus or similar.

Of course that's not the vegetarian version but it does work.

I'm using a Thai version now 'cos Bayer was sold out. It's called Combat and uses a similar chemical. It's also effective.

I found once when using a coil on a hotel balcony that it makes the whole room stink and still does  long after it's burned out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On Lazada search for mr peter for a plug in one.  You can buy refills seperately.

I've seen some mosquito repellents that look like air fresheners at BigC.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Ralf001 said:

image.png.a0d8d8c8b06060efa2f4990bb5ea827d.png

Does that really work?   
I bought something different here in the U.S. of A. that had a bait that mosquitos like and used propane to create carbon dioxide, allegedly to attract mosquitos.   The bait worked as I found out when I opened it inside the house and in a few minutes I had several mosquitoes around the bait and me.   This thing was supposed to attract and vacuumed mosquitos from 1/4 to 1/2 mile ( I forget which) and vacuum them into a net bag. 

I had it running for 2 weeks until the propane tank ran out.   Wife (a Thai mosquito magnet) and I went out to check the net bag.  Three mosquitoes were in it after the two weeks.  As we were checking that thing for mosquitoes, my wife killed 5 or 6 mosquitoes trying to suck blood from her legs.  I returned the thing for a refund.  

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2024 at 7:54 AM, georgegeorgia said:  Anyone had any luck with those ones which plug into the wall socket? I'm not sure how they are meant to work though   

Tried several of those. Totally useless.  

• Thanks 1

Just small   note.    I use Wise to transfer THB into my bank account so no need to reference exchange rate for each transfer.  Just total up incoming transfers for the year.

I hate balconies without screens. Quality of life suffers. Only thing that would really work is running fans all the time and the good old mosquito racket by your side. They are weak flyers. Keep the bedroom doors shut at dusk so they don't get trapped in the bedroom and bite later on. Mosquito nets on the bed. Many landlords rent out their place continually and the screens get damaged easily and are not ever replaced if there is indeed a track for them. You need to get them put on before you move in and pay the deposit or they tend to just not get replaced. Many agents do the home inspection after you pay the deposit so it's much harder to get them done.

Some of those stick on screens may work, but they tend to be piddly and not really work well over time, or the velcro wears off, they become a hassle to go in and out easily, etc.

Edited by JimTripper