Way to stop mosquito

georgegeorgia

I have a fantastic Condo I rent twice a year for short stays in Pattaya 

The only thing is it doesn't have a screen door on the patio and lets all the mozzies in.

Apart from asking the owner to put one on , I'm wondering if there is some natural way to prevent mozzies , I heard about Citronella candles ,do they work ?

Can I burn some kind of incense that prevents them , I don't like you use the bad spray chemicals 

Another ironic thing I must mention is I notice if I eat a lot of garlic and ginger for a week the mozzies stay away from me 😊

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

I have a fantastic Condo I rent twice a year for short stays in Pattaya 

The only thing is it doesn't have a screen door on the patio and lets all the mozzies in.

Apart from asking the owner to put one on , I'm wondering if there is some natural way to prevent mozzies , I heard about Citronella candles ,do they work ?

Can I burn some kind of incense that prevents them , I don't like you use the bad spray chemicals 

Another ironic thing I must mention is I notice if I eat a lot of garlic and ginger for a week the mozzies stay away from me 😊

You get that at Nirun😂

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, sirineou said:

You can put one of these magnetic door screens , they are very inexpensive and work well,

I have one at my front door. They stick to the door frame with velcro strip, so are easy to instal, and remove when you move. image.png.56bc9d88690e8fbd589a205eb22677ca.png

Fantastic! 

Never thought of that , I may look on Lazada or Temu , great for windows to that don't have fly screens 

• Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Anyone had any luck with those ones which plug into the wall socket?

I'm not sure how they are meant to work though 

With a wide open balcony door you're wasting your time with mozzie coils, useless plug in gadgets etc, you need to exclude the little buggers before they get into the unit - - - fly screen door or keep the door shut. 

PS - the removable screen suggested would be a good start. 

Edited by Artisi
  • Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Another ironic thing I must mention is I notice if I eat a lot of garlic and ginger for a week the mozzies stay away from me

...not only mozzies, but many many of your acquaintances will take off as soon as they see you from a distance. garlic is good for the body, but bad for the breath

If you are allowed to put some plants on the balcony, I have a little smoking area out the back of my house and I have 3 pots full of Basil the strong smelling on Holy Basil that works they dont like it, I sit outside most mornings at 4 am there is no mozzies even though I have the lights on, I am also told they dont like Lemon grass, 

• Agree 1

39 minutes ago, Ralf001 said:

The BMW has changed to Mercedes ?

image.png.2e5e32f14eb2ee4bc70a40d9a3228017.png

Your joking right ,you went to the trouble of looking up my old posts to find out about what type of car I mentioned in a post last year or more and if it was a BMW or Mercedes I said 

Tell you the truth I can't even remember myself could of been a ford 

I mean who really cares? 

You actually went to the trouble this early morning to do a "search ' and look up all the posts , spent 20 minutes on it.

Sorry to sound rude but going to add you to the posters with "no life list "  thats crazy and creepy .

but I have empathy for you ,if I recall you said you had a life threatening illness so I'm not sure if your housebound,if you are then I understand this forum keeps you entertained,if that's the case then I understand 👍

😧

Edited by georgegeorgia
  • Like 1

We have screens on our windows and doors. Do they stop mozzies? Nah. Best product I'd recommend is

image.png.d53c3c832e1472b2ccc528ebcae69020.png

Does UV light attract mosquito?

The truth is that mosquitoes are not attracted to ultraviolet light in the way that many other insects are, making the usual type of bug zapper almost useless in getting rid of them. Worse, the sheer number of non-harmful insects killed by the zappers can take a heavy toll on the ecosystem.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, georgegeorgia said:

Interesting! I didn't know such things exist 👍

That won't work. It'll certainly catch a lot of flies because they are attracted to ultraviolet light. After a few days I will be a pile of flies in it. But mosquitoes are no more attracted to ultraviolet light than humans are.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

53 minutes ago, georgegeorgia said:

Your joking right ,you went to the trouble of looking up my old posts to find out about what type of car I mentioned in a post last year or more and if it was a BMW or Mercedes I said 

Tell you the truth I can't even remember myself could of been a ford 

I mean who really cares? 

You actually went to the trouble this early morning to do a "search ' and look up all the posts , spent 20 minutes on it.

Sorry to sound rude but going to add you to the posters with "no life list "  thats crazy and creepy .

but I have empathy for you ,if I recall you said you had a life threatening illness so I'm not sure if your housebound,if you are then I understand this forum keeps you entertained,if that's the case then I understand 👍

😧

Just confirming your post are based on fiction.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, georgegeorgia said:

Apart from the itchy bites I have been concerned about this "Dengue fever" as well 

Both my partner and I both had it within a week of each other. Not pleasant and takes some weeks to shake.

2 hours ago, scubascuba3 said:

The plug in ones work well, from Big C etc, i have mosquito screens so don't use plugs anymore

According to a Google search the plug ins are useless.