Altercation Turns Violent: Englishman and wife injured in Knife Duel

webfact

2 hours ago, simon43 said:

My mad ex #2 graduated from throwing plates at me to throwing knives at me.  Plates I could handle, but a knife thrown while I had my back to her was too much.  I opted for a more peaceful life...

Did she swear that you reversed into the knife?

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I hope there will some follow up news on this.

It seems lots of Thai females grab knifes to win arguments. I always wondered how that will play out when someone gets hurt, and the police arrives.

Will the husband be prosecuted for injuring her with the knife?

Will she be prosecuted for taking a knife and threatening him with that?

Possibly he would never have injured her if she wouldn't have grabbed that knife. (yes, I know that is just a speculation)

I think from a "western" perspective only few people would grab a knife in an argument if they don't try to defend their life.

In Thailand there seems to be almost no barrier from a few words to grabbing the next available knife.

My Ex did, and she is not Thai.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, simon43 said:

My mad ex #2 graduated from throwing plates at me to throwing knives at me.  Plates I could handle, but a knife thrown while I had my back to her was too much.  I opted for a more peaceful life...

Did you throw it back? :whistling:

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

So she went for the knife first, screwed up and got cut in the process of him defending himself?

At the time he got hold on the knife, she changed to be an unarmed person. Did she throw herself into the knife?

24 minutes ago, Andrew65 said:

No fraught, unhappy relationships. No chance of having to pay for offspring that you didn't really want in the first place.

I was pretty much celibate in the last 5 years of my 20 years in Thailand. Maybe to do with my sex drive gradually diminishing?

When I regretfully left Thailand in 2018 I still had a fair amount of money with which to start my new life in the UK. If in those later years I had been screwing-around, I wouldn't have had most of that cash.

20 years! How was the transition back to the UK mate? Mind saying the reasons for leaving?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MikeUdon said:

Same here. My ex-wife, Vietnamese, went totally beserk during a discussion (it was not even an argument) and attacked me with a knife, in front of our son. To defend myself I grabbed the knife and slapped her. Then she called the police. Police arrived at the house and she tried to convince them that I attacked her. Well, my son was there and told the police officers what really happened. The officers told her to shut up and never call the police again, when she is the attacker, otherwise they will arrest her. One of the police officers said to me:"Do you really want to stay with this crazy gal in the same house?" What I understood was 'run Forrest, run!' I ran. This happened in Germany. Have been living happily here in Thailand since 2011.   

Living here? With her?