Jomtien Beach Has Become A WAR ZONE

kentrot

22 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

Reminds me of people who buy houses next to pubs or race tracks and then complain about the noise and try to shut them down.

Exactly!

Like Laguna Seca race track in California.

It's an iconic race track on most beautiful setting.

https://www.thedrive.com/news/a-public-nuisance-laguna-secas-neighbors-sue-track-want-it-shut-down

• Like 2

Your complaints will only fall on deaf ears. Simple solution: double pane (or possibly triple pane) windows & class lanai doors. If in a condo they'll have comply with condo regulations to have same cosmetic appearance on the outside. Had a friend in Bangkok who did exactly that to kill all the traffic noise. 

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, jacko45k said:

What is an emmet?

It's what the Cornish call tourists, basically ants. Much the same thing as people in East Anglia calling them grockles.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

My condo is on pratumnak hill and almost every night someone is firing those firework at 8-10 pm,

something that only in a loose country like Thailand is possible... does any law and order agency care?

not look like...

8-10pm:cheesy::clap2::cheesy:

• Love It 2

The condo I rent is 300 yards off Jomtien Beach, up around Soi-10.  Yup...fireworks popping sometimes in the early hours but nothing like a constant "war zone" declared by the OP. 

Much worse is the constant din of open piped motorcycles and tricked out cars racing up and down 2nd Rd. the entire night.  I'm on the 10th floor but the noise reflects off the roadway and sometimes it's like I'm a few feet away.  That's what needs enforcement. Already this year, several deaths involving speeding bikes on 2nd Rd.

But, hey!  I choose to live here.  I renewed my lease knowing all the above.  You want to live in a popular resort area, you better be willing to accept the downsides.  If you buy or lease without renting for a bit and then don't like it, that's your failure.

Edited by dddave
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Nick Carter icp said:

No one goes to Pattaya for the quiet life , could be time to relocate to an Issan village ?

Actually, there are many on this board who do. Any mention of the central area they appear about how great certain areas are that have nothing to do with nightlife and how great their quiet area is.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Reminds me of people who buy houses next to pubs or race tracks and then complain about the noise and try to shut them down.

If you choose to live next to the sex tourist capital of the world in a corrupt developing country you have to take the rough with the smooth. In the case of Jomtien and Pattaya, it's more rough than smooth. I can just about do a weekend there.

7 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Jonny, this has to be a first, I agree 100 % with your post. 55555

• Like 1

There was a similar problem in Bangsaen, and after many complaints by local Thai residents and hotel owners, the police and the Tessabarn took action.

Bangsaen has always had sellers of small fireworks on the beach, and the pop pop noise was not an issue.  But a new firework 'mafia' moved in about a year ago, selling high powered Chinese fireworks that made the beach like the opening sequence of Saving Private Ryan.  This was not just a few firework shows for events, it was continuous loud explosions from 7:00 pm to 6:00 am every night.  

The loud fireworks from dawn to dusk, plus several injuries due to fireworks, caused complaints to the police and the mayor plus a social media campaign by Thai residents.  I also heard Channel 3 news were involved.  There were also negative reviews by guests on hotel booking sites about the constant noise.

The problem is the illegal beach sellers, and after 5 were arrested and two were sent to jail, it stopped for a while.  

It started again after New Year (everyone expects fireworks at new year, but they kept going for a week), and after more arrests the sellers have again switched back to the small fireworks.

There was also concerns about an illegal firework warehouse .... as a store large enough for the selling of over 100 large fireworks each night is a serious explosion risk.

So it looks like a concerted campaign of social and news media and direct complaints may help.  Perhaps join with local Thai business owners so it's not just those pesky foreigners?

8 hours ago, jesimps said:

I lived in a condo on Jomtien Beach Road for two years but the bass-heavy "music", which had become worse as time passed, just became too much to bear, so I moved to a house outside of Jomtien. It's noisy here too at times, but not continuous as it was in my condo. I doubt there's a completely noise-free area to live in this country or this part of the world in general, you have to put up with it or move out.

Yes very true.

I did a twenty year stretch there. ha ha.

I moved 3 years ago for many different reasons.

some positive but most negative, traffic and noise was two of the reasons.

• Like 1

On 2/1/2024 at 2:52 PM, bkk6060 said:

So, my suggestion would be to get away and stay at the Darkside or Bang Saray

Whoa, whoa, whoa, don't tell people that, then it'll be the same--or worse, out here! Like all those people who say, "I've found a secret place that's got very few visitors, here's how to get to it" Oooops

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/1/2024 at 9:19 AM, ezzra said:

My condo is on pratumnak hill and almost every night someone is firing those firework at 8-10 pm,

At that time they are not a problem, as if they were released after midnight and woke everyone up.

2 hours ago, quake said:

Yes very true.

I did a twenty year stretch there. ha ha.

I moved 3 years ago for many different reasons.

some positive but most negative, traffic and noise was two of the reasons.

What's the other reason?

I moved because the area made me feel old.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, JimTripper said:

What's the other reason?

I moved because the area made me feel old.

The Thai smile, had turned into a Thai frown.

when I first moved there, there was so few people, now a bit over crowed.

Jomtien has got it's fair share of resident falang dick heads now,  there was very few years back.

Back in the day, it was a good afternoon out round Jomtien complex

was  5-6 girly bars ( non gay ) . not the same now.

Rompole market bar area was ok pre covid. now a ghost town.

There's a few good rub and tug place round the back soi's. very nice.

Jomtien just lost it's nice feel, a few years back. was time to move on, but still got a holiday condo there. for a few months a year.

that works for me.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

32 minutes ago, quake said:

The Thai smile, had turned into a Thai frown.

when I first moved there, there was so few people, now a bit over crowed.

Jomtien has got it's fair share of resident falang dick heads now,  there was very few years back.

Rompole market bar area was ok pre covid. now a ghost town.

There's a few good rub and tug place round the back soi's. very nice.

Jomtien just lost it's nice feel, a few years back. was time to move on, but still got a holiday condo there. for a few months a year.

that works for me.

There was some guy selling all his stuff on here who did a thread on here a few years ago and I asked him why. He said the same thing, basically that the Thai's were not happy.

Said he was moving to the virgin islands I think or something like that where he could get a visa. It always worried me a bit but I can see his point now.

I think covid did something to the place in terms of people's general mood. It all started going downhill right when covid hit, or maybe even a little before it hit.

• Confused 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, quake said:

Fantasy Bar and Two Donnas bar......some great times in those :thumbsup:

• Thumbs Up 1

6 minutes ago, GypsyT said:

You mean Rompho?

Not true now. Bars are full, market super busy and smiles everywhere.

Ok  if you say so.

But go count the closed ones. reckon there is more closed than open. :whistling:

Ps, I forgot, what bar was it you own. :giggle:

Edited by quake
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2024 at 1:01 PM, riclag said:

That has its pit falls too, especially if one is sensitive to noise!

24/ 7 Roosters eggie eggin( Thai roosters dont cock a doodle).

24/7 dogs yapping.

imop

Roosters are the worst. I can put up with most road noise, music etc but roosters drive me mad, especially at 5am.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1