UNRWA Faces Funding Crisis Amid Allegations, Guterres Appeals for Continued Support

1 hour ago, Morch said:

governments of donor countries decided the evidence presented is solid, and took decisive action.

A knee jerk reaction so as not to appear "Antisemitic" ?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

The report clearly states that it is the full 16 page 'intelligence dossier'. Quite why they called it an intelligence dossier is beyond me, it contains no intelligence. So if anyone is just 'making things up' then I am afraid the empirical evidence points to Israel... again. They have been found out to be lying. You can try to distract us away from the point that there is 'nothing to see here'... but we know better.

The US has consistently said the allegations are plausible, yet they are unable to be verified. Why is that? Oh, because is there is no evidence.

Furthermore, if you had watched the video, it states that Israel vetted each and every UNRWA worker a few months prior to the attack - in May. Israel signed off on each and every worker. So is Israel incompetent, or is it lying? We can now see that it is indeed lying again.

I will use 'we' to refer to normal human beings as many times as i like. we we we we we. If we can't acknowledge the truth when it is literally in front of our eyes, then we have issues. we we we we we.

@Brickleberry

Being called a 'troll' by someone who chops my posts so that he doesn't have to deal with difficult bits is cute. Being called 'uninformed' by someone who previously alleged Israel's former Prime Minister was a Palestinian leader, or claimed that Israel holds 'thousands' of Palestinian women and children, is amusing. As for extremely biased - had a look in the mirror this morning?

I know what the clip 'states'. I'm referring to what the clip actually shows. There is no information on what's on them other pages. They were not shared or made public. You say 'lying' - you do not actually have any support for this.

You're still dodging the issue of donor countries governments suspending funding. You offer no plausible explanation for these dramatic actions - other than bluster and fantasies.

If you'd bothered followed these topics, there was already discussion (with links and all) as to how this came about (hint: not quite planned by Israel), and what's Israel's actual position on this (hint: not what you think). It was also detailed that the IDF and other security services were bemused at the information leak, and that an investigation is being carried out regarding it. Read them links, maybe you'll get a clearer view of things. Or don't, who cares?

You can misleadingly use 'we', it still doesn't make it right or true. As for 'normal' - normal people don't support terrorist organizations, nor deny their vile actions. You do both.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, johng said:

A knee jerk reaction so as not to appear "Antisemitic" ?

Maybe a knee jerk reaction from you?

These countries were donating funds to UNRWA for years. Why change that now? Especially as Israel did not even ask for this?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

The report clearly states that it is the full 16 page 'intelligence dossier'. Quite why they called it an intelligence dossier is beyond me, it contains no intelligence. So if anyone is just 'making things up' then I am afraid the empirical evidence points to Israel... again. They have been found out to be lying. You can try to distract us away from the point that there is 'nothing to see here'... but we know better.

The US has consistently said the allegations are plausible, yet they are unable to be verified. Why is that? Oh, because is there is no evidence.

Furthermore, if you had watched the video, it states that Israel vetted each and every UNRWA worker a few months prior to the attack - in May. Israel signed off on each and every worker. So is Israel incompetent, or is it lying? We can now see that it is indeed lying again.

I will use 'we' to refer to normal human beings as many times as i like. we we we we we. If we can't acknowledge the truth when it is literally in front of our eyes, then we have issues. we we we we we.

Very childish but then you started your post off with a personal attack so no surprise.

This collective "we" does not by the way include the 16 or so donor countries who are the ones that actually pay for the UNWRA. They want to ensure their money and the money of their tax payers is not going to support terrorists' within the UN. They want to ensure the curriculum in the schools designed to incite hate towards Jews is not taught anymore.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

Being called a 'troll' by someone who chops my posts so that he doesn't have to deal with difficult bits is cute. Being called 'uninformed' by someone who previously alleged Israel's former Prime Minister was a Palestinian leader, or claimed that Israel holds 'thousands' of Palestinian women and children, is amusing. As for extremely biased - had a look in the mirror this morning?

I know what the clip 'states'. I'm referring to what the clip actually shows. There is no information on what's on them other pages. They were not shared or made public. You say 'lying' - you do not actually have any support for this.

You're still dodging the issue of donor countries governments suspending funding. You offer no plausible explanation for these dramatic actions - other than bluster and fantasies.

If you'd bothered followed these topics, there was already discussion (with links and all) as to how this came about (hint: not quite planned by Israel), and what's Israel's actual position on this (hint: not what you think). It was also detailed that the IDF and other security services were bemused at the information leak, and that an investigation is being carried out regarding it. Read them links, maybe you'll get a clearer view of things. Or don't, who cares?

You can misleadingly use 'we', it still doesn't make it right or true. As for 'normal' - normal people don't support terrorist organizations, nor deny their vile actions. You do both.

You are just flat out lying. The video clearly explains that this is the same document sent to those governments. It contains no evidence.

How am i dodging, i responded earlier. I cannot be blamed for idiotic governments swallowing this BS.

If you had actually bothered to watch the video, you would have noted that Israel was the one who sent this dossier out to all donor countries.

If you had actually bothered to be informed, you would have known that Israel hates UNRWA and has wanted its destruction for decades now.

Facts are thus: Israel made stuff up to smear the organization that it has wanted to destroy for years.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

Lying how?

The report makes claims. The whole document, which they claim they got access to, is not shared - just the opening page is shown. If there's no evidence, what's on them other pages? Are they blank?

You are dodging, as you're not offering any reasonable explanation to all them governments of donor countries making the same decision at the same time. Saying that they are 'idiotic', or 'swallowing this BS' does not make sense. They have donated to UNRWA for years, Israel has made it's view on matters UNRWA known for years, past instances found issues with UNRWA - but funding was sustained. You offer no insight as to why that's the case other than alleging the information Israel provided is false. You have not actually seen the information, though, have you? And them governments did, didn't they?

If you'd bother reading these topics, or not play silly games with the 'ignore' function, or not be totally invested in anti-Israel coverage, you have a clue about these things:

IDF brass was caught off guard by dissemination of UNRWA allegations — report

https://www.timesofisrael.com/idf-brass-was-caught-off-guard-by-dissemination-of-unrwa-allegations-report/

Israeli Military Surprised by Leak of UNRWA Accusations, Report Says

https://www.haaretz.com/israel-news/2024-02-03/ty-article/israeli-military-surprised-by-leak-of-unwra-accusations-report-says/0000018d-7089-d971-a38f-71bb73470000

We oppose axing UNRWA mid-war, senior Israeli official says amid global funding halt

https://www.timesofisrael.com/we-oppose-axing-unrwa-mid-war-senior-israeli-official-says-amid-global-funding-halt/

So no, Israel did not exactly initiate this. There was a leak (which is being investigated), and then questioned asked by the USA and other governments, to which Israel replied. The response too, took Israeli officials by surprise - it's way out there, considering past allegations (supported, some acknowledged by UNRWA, details on previous posts) did not generate anything on par.

It's not dodging, I cannot fathom why they would withdraw funding. It is ludicrous.

So what your saying is that Israel is completely incompetent? The country that is famous for spy exports (Pegasus etc.) cannot vet employees properly, had no idea that there was an attack being prepared for, and cannot keep its secret documents secret? Really? Very convenient do you not think? They want UNRWA destroyed, so they smear it.

Of course Israel initiated this, it was sent to all donor countries by Israel. It leaked from Israel because it came from Israel. Denying they did it on purpose is par for the course, right?

• Sad 1

Accused UNRWA staff 'betrayed' agency, says group's Gaza chief

"I've spoken to a large number of our staff in the last few days, Palestinian staff, and equally they are shocked by the actions of this small group.

"Essentially, they've betrayed the organisation, they've betrayed their mission as humanitarians and they've betrayed the Palestinians themselves and compromised this vital aid operation."

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-accused-unrwa-staff-betrayed-agency-says-groups-gaza-chief-13065574

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

It's not dodging, I cannot fathom why they would withdraw funding. It is ludicrous.

So what your saying is that Israel is completely incompetent? The country that is famous for spy exports (Pegasus etc.) cannot vet employees properly, had no idea that there was an attack being prepared for, and cannot keep its secret documents secret? Really? Very convenient do you not think? They want UNRWA destroyed, so they smear it.

Of course Israel initiated this, it was sent to all donor countries by Israel. It leaked from Israel because it came from Israel. Denying they did it on purpose is par for the course, right?

@Brickleberry

So you do not know. You cannot fathom. But that's not what you're saying - you claim they are biased, uninformed, believe everything Israel says etc. You make things up in order to bolster your weak argument and lack of knowledge.

Israel often exhibits such instances, yes. It's nothing new. It's not some super-country. And I see you're back with conspiracy theory hints again. Shows how desperate you are. If you had any clue about Israel, you'd know that a whole lot of what the ongoing anti-government protests are about is a sense that the country is going down the drain - not just politically, but in terms of education, transparency, economy and the rest. Funny that you should mentions Pegasus - which was related to another (actually two) examples of the same (unrelated to current affairs).

Israel is, indeed, no friend to UNRWA. The reasons and motivations, or their merits, can be argued about. But this by itself does not make UNRWA and its staff saintly, nor does it imply that the current snowball stemmed from something well-planned (or even planned).

Yawn. You were provided with several links detailing how this got started. You wish to go on about a conspiracy theory which you cannot support by anything other then 'of course' - that's up to you.

• Agree 1

25 minutes ago, Bkk Brian said:

Accused UNRWA staff 'betrayed' agency, says group's Gaza chief

"I've spoken to a large number of our staff in the last few days, Palestinian staff, and equally they are shocked by the actions of this small group.

"Essentially, they've betrayed the organisation, they've betrayed their mission as humanitarians and they've betrayed the Palestinians themselves and compromised this vital aid operation."

https://news.sky.com/story/israel-hamas-war-accused-unrwa-staff-betrayed-agency-says-groups-gaza-chief-13065574

Paging Mandy Rice-Davies...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Morch said:

Yawn. You were provided with several links detailing how this got started. You wish to go on about a conspiracy theory which you cannot support by anything other then 'of course' - that's up to you.

Don't you get it? This is precisely what Israel has done.

Accusations about UNRWA without providing any intelligence to support their claims. You wish to believe a conspiracy theory about UNRWA without any evidence - then 'of course' - that's up to you.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Don't you get it? This is precisely what Israel has done.

Accusations about UNRWA without providing any intelligence to support their claims. You wish to believe a conspiracy theory about UNRWA without any evidence - then 'of course' - that's up to you.

@Brickleberry

What I 'get' is that you guys have a habit of chopping parts of posts you can't deal with.

So, according to the conspiracy theory you push Israel provided all them Western government with essentially nothing, and then all them countries who for years, donated to UNRWA, decided to suspend funding because of....what? You can't get around this point no matter how much you wiggle and make up things.

Moreover, I actually provided you with an account (links and all) of how things happened. You, on the other hand....not so much.

Edited by Morch

Its one thing disagreeing with another member but something else flaming them and calling them names and trolls.

I have just removed a number of these flames from posts in order to preserve the content, but next time I will remove the entire post and replies so best to stop the name calling now  :ph34r:

13 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

What I 'get' is that you guys have a habit of chopping parts of posts you can't deal with.

So, according to the conspiracy theory you push Israel provided all them Western government with essentially nothing, and then all them countries who for years, donated to UNRWA, decided to suspend funding because of....what? You can't get around this point no matter how much you wiggle and make up things.

Moreover, I actually provided you with an account (links and all) of how things happened. You, on the other hand....not so much.

Do you not realize that you are talking about yourself? You have no evidence to prove any of these claims because there is no evidence. This has been proven by Channel 4's reporting.

What you are saying is that we must believe the lies because so many other people do... even though it has been proven that the lies are lies. Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds? 'My mum and dad said it was true, so it must be". That's not how the world works. That's not how international law works. No evidence, no conviction. Are we not forgetting the most important western value in the legal world? Innocent until proven guilty.

There is zero evidence. Zilch. Nada.

What these governments are doing is aiding and abetting Israel's genocidal actions in the Gaza strip. More evidence for South Africa to batter them with over the course of their genocide trial.

• Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Do you not realize that you are talking about yourself? You have no evidence to prove any of these claims because there is no evidence. This has been proven by Channel 4's reporting.

What you are saying is that we must believe the lies because so many other people do... even though it has been proven that the lies are lies. Do you not see how ridiculous that sounds? 'My mum and dad said it was true, so it must be". That's not how the world works. That's not how international law works. No evidence, no conviction. Are we not forgetting the most important western value in the legal world? Innocent until proven guilty.

There is zero evidence. Zilch. Nada.

What these governments are doing is aiding and abetting Israel's genocidal actions in the Gaza strip. More evidence for South Africa to batter them with over the course of their genocide trial.

@Brickleberry

I don't need to 'prove' anything. I don't claim to have seen the evidence. I'm commenting on them governments of donor countries' reaction.

As far as I understand the report you cited did not 'prove' things, but claimed. It's not like the entire report was shared with the public, not is it clear what it did contain. The channel did not actually say much about that. So more a case of your assuming things, rather than knowing. Treating things as facts whereas they are not proven to be so. And before your start jumping up and down - read the first line, again.

Unlike you, I do not pretend to speak for any 'we'. I also did not assert Israel's information was 'lies'. Same goes for 'proven'. All of these are things you injected to the 'discussion' (such as it is...) and try to paint as agreed upon. They are not.

You misrepresent what I said, and no surprise - you can't address the actual view. The proposition that the report presenting no evidence, and all these governments, previously regularly donating to UNRWA doing an about face based on nothing, doesn't strike me as very convincing, or reasonable. You do not provide any insight whatsoever into that - other than asserting they are all stupid, uninformed, or somehow controlled by Israel. Again, rather weak arguments.

As for 'innocent until proven guilty' - that's kinda rich coming from someone who routinely blames Israel for things he's got no evidence of, or just using some version of 'I-heard-that'. Further, how is this a legal issue? Countries are not obligated to donate funds to UNRWA, it's a voluntary thing. As far as I'm aware, there are no courts involved in this (unless UNRWA decided to sue Israel and the donor countries for defamation, or something).

What you are doing is injecting more and more of your agenda into posts, regardless of the flimsy basis or even lack of basic logic involved. There is no 'genocide', even the ICJ did not say that. And those very same countries were providing UNRWA with funds for years now. Claiming that they are somehow into 'genocide' is bizarre. I don't think UNRWA made such allegations, even, or denied things as hotly as you.

• Agree 1

49 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

I don't need to 'prove' anything. I don't claim to have seen the evidence. I'm commenting on them governments of donor countries' reaction.

As far as I understand the report you cited did not 'prove' things, but claimed. It's not like the entire report was shared with the public, not is it clear what it did contain. The channel did not actually say much about that. So more a case of your assuming things, rather than knowing. Treating things as facts whereas they are not proven to be so. And before your start jumping up and down - read the first line, again.

Unlike you, I do not pretend to speak for any 'we'. I also did not assert Israel's information was 'lies'. Same goes for 'proven'. All of these are things you injected to the 'discussion' (such as it is...) and try to paint as agreed upon. They are not.

You misrepresent what I said, and no surprise - you can't address the actual view. The proposition that the report presenting no evidence, and all these governments, previously regularly donating to UNRWA doing an about face based on nothing, doesn't strike me as very convincing, or reasonable. You do not provide any insight whatsoever into that - other than asserting they are all stupid, uninformed, or somehow controlled by Israel. Again, rather weak arguments.

As for 'innocent until proven guilty' - that's kinda rich coming from someone who routinely blames Israel for things he's got no evidence of, or just using some version of 'I-heard-that'. Further, how is this a legal issue? Countries are not obligated to donate funds to UNRWA, it's a voluntary thing. As far as I'm aware, there are no courts involved in this (unless UNRWA decided to sue Israel and the donor countries for defamation, or something).

What you are doing is injecting more and more of your agenda into posts, regardless of the flimsy basis or even lack of basic logic involved. There is no 'genocide', even the ICJ did not say that. And those very same countries were providing UNRWA with funds for years now. Claiming that they are somehow into 'genocide' is bizarre. I don't think UNRWA made such allegations, even, or denied things as hotly as you.

1) if you had watched the video, you would know that this is the same report that was given to governments. Fact - Govs made their decisions without any evidence

2) If anyone is treating things as facts without evidence, it is the governments who withdrew funding on allegations made without evidence.

3) I believe they are lies based on the evidence - or rather, a lack thereof.

4) Of course it is a legal issue. The ICJ ruled that aid must be allowed to enter Gaza. The ICJ's ruling against Israel legally binds all nations to prevent the genocide of Palestinians, as the genocide case was found to be plausible. By withdrawing aid and not allowing UNRWA to carry out its life saving work, they are stiffing aid into Gaza. This makes those countries legally complicit in the genocide.

5) Everything I blame Israel for, I have evidence to back it up. Like their lies about UNRWA - I provided evidence from Channel 4. I also provided several links and videos of Israeli media and politicians demanding the destruction of UNRWA over the last few decades.

6) Your last point is the most egregious. There is plausibly a genocide happening right now. This is what the ICJ ruling said. If there was 'no genocide' as you say, South Africa's case would have been thrown out. Israel lost, and is now being dragged through the courts to fight against being labelled a genocidal state. I cannot explain the actions of those governments. According to the report on channel 4, this is the same report given to our governments. Even if the evidence shows that 12 were indeed involved (0.009% of UNRWA workers that were all cleared by Israeli intelligence services to work for UNRWA), funding should not stop! There is no other agency in Gaza that has the capacity, manpower or knowledge to give aid to the people in Gaza. They know this. I know this. Perhaps you know this? So it is absolutely ridiculous to be stopping the flow of aid. The UN set up UNRWA, These countries that are withholding donations vote on the leadership of UNRWA and approve its mission, budgets and staff. It is an organization controlled by these countries. Is it not insane what they are doing?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

1) if you had watched the video, you would know that this is the same report that was given to governments. Fact - Govs made their decisions without any evidence

2) If anyone is treating things as facts without evidence, it is the governments who withdrew funding on allegations made without evidence.

4) Of course it is a legal issue. The ICJ ruled that aid must be allowed to enter Gaza. The ICJ's ruling against Israel legally binds all nations to prevent the genocide of Palestinians, as the genocide case was found to be plausible. By withdrawing aid and not allowing UNRWA to carry out its life saving work, they are stiffing aid into Gaza. This makes those countries legally complicit in the genocide.

5) Everything I blame Israel for, I have evidence to back it up. Like their lies about UNRWA - I provided evidence from Channel 4. I also provided several links and videos of Israeli media and politicians demanding the destruction of UNRWA over the last few decades.

6) Your last point is the most egregious. There is plausibly a genocide happening right now. This is what the ICJ ruling said. If there was 'no genocide' as you say, South Africa's case would have been thrown out. Israel lost, and is now being dragged through the courts to fight against being labelled a genocidal state. I cannot explain the actions of those governments. According to the report on channel 4, this is the same report given to our governments. Even if the evidence shows that 12 were indeed involved (0.009% of UNRWA workers that were all cleared by Israeli intelligence services to work for UNRWA), funding should not stop! There is no other agency in Gaza that has the capacity, manpower or knowledge to give aid to the people in Gaza. They know this. I know this. Perhaps you know this? So it is absolutely ridiculous to be stopping the flow of aid. The UN set up UNRWA, These countries that are withholding donations vote on the leadership of UNRWA and approve its mission, budgets and staff. It is an organization controlled by these countries. Is it not insane what they are doing?

@Brickleberry

You keep repeating the same things on loop, treating things as facts when it suits.

There are claims it is the same report. And, there's also a claim that the evidence (or lack of) does not support Israel's allegations. As far as I'm aware, the news channel did not make the entire document public, nor did they reveal much details about the content. You make your assertions based on this - not a very solid foundation, in my opinion. That you treat the claims as proven, factual and correct does not make them so. When you state governments made their decisions without evidence, that's your opinion, not fact. Most of your argument is based on your 'opinion'.....and trusting your 'opinion' is a matter of choice. Given your posting history, and the number of times you had to backtrack.....

Donor countries withholding funding is not a legal issue, and the ICJ ruling does not 'bind all nations'. It does not even mandate that aid will be channeled through this agency or another. I kinda doubt you're much of a legal expert, or that any of them countries feel legally threatened by such nonsense.

You have blamed Israel for things that Israel did not to. Some of these things you had to backtrack from, some you just glossed over. So no, your most definitely do not have 'evidence' for everything you blame Israel for. Then again, your grasp of what is 'evidence' seems shaky. The channel 4 report, for example, is not 'proof' - it's a report, a claim, it's not verified, and there's no rush by said governments to change their position. No one denied that there were such comments by Israeli politicians, not sure what you're on about.

For all them many words you pour on this, you still can't account for the decision by governments of donor countries  to withhold their donations and funding of UNRWA. It does not seem plausible that all of the would be 'duped' so easily and in such a short span of time - plus this resulting in strong action.

3 hours ago, Brickleberry said:

Your just making up your own facts. @Brickleberry 

Your point 4 for instance. No its NOT a legal issue. Its your fake rage only. The UNRWA is NOT being stifled from distributing aid because of this. The countries that have temporarily suspended aid money only account for around 50% of the aid UNRWA get and the UN have also stated the budget will last till end of Feb or early March anyway. 

Your ridiculous claim that this is making those countries legally complicit in genocide is just off the wall!! 

I wonder why Arab countries supply so much less aid to UNRWA than the west, perhaps time for them to step up regardless of this. Some do provide but nowhere near the amounts the west does.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bkk Brian said:

Your just making up your own facts. @Brickleberry 

Your point 4 for instance. No its NOT a legal issue. Its your fake rage only. The UNRWA is NOT being stifled from distributing aid because of this. The countries that have temporarily suspended aid money only account for around 50% of the aid UNRWA get and the UN have also stated the budget will last till end of Feb or early March anyway. 

Your ridiculous claim that this is making those countries legally complicit in genocide is just off the wall!! 

I wonder why Arab countries supply so much less aid to UNRWA than the west, perhaps time for them to step up regardless of this. Some do provide but nowhere near the amounts the west does.

Channel 4 reporting is making up my own facts eh? Nope. That's what Israel did to smear UNRWA - get it right.

Point 4 is a legal issue. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of international law is aware that if a country signs up to the '1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide' then that country is legally obligated to prevent genocide, anywhere it may be being committed, when made aware that one is plausibly being committed. The ICJ ruling made this clear to all signatories of the convention.

By withholding aid from the largest aid agency, they are assisting Israel in its genocide. Israel is allowing around 95 trucks a day into Gaza - prior to the conflict, there were 500 trucks a day entering. Israel is making it almost impossible to get aid into the strip, even things like surgical knives are being rejected and are sitting in a huge warehouse. I learned all of this by listening to a British politician who was talking to Andrew Marr on LBC. He explained how long the whole process takes, and how Israel has made it virtually impossible for aid to enter. He visited the warehouses piled full of vital aid that he says Israel will not let in. It contained things like surgical knives, water etc.

UNRWA have stated that they will have to cease operations within this month. We are almost at mid Feb. What are you even trying to say? We have time for an investigation? No, the investigation will take months - especially in the midst of a warzone.

We don't stop funding the Roman Catholic church - but we all know its priests love to diddle little kids. We've had several Lucy Letby's and other killers working in the NHS - we don't stop paying all NHS workers while we investigate these crimes . We've had so many police officers thrown in jail for crimes such as rape, murder, pedophilia etc - we haven't stopped funding the police force. This knee jerk reaction from these western governments is disgusting, unconscionable and unexplainable.

I wonder why Arab nations might think it is fair that the Western Nations who supported the original Nakba 1948 and who continue supporting Israeli occupation since 1967 pay for the mistakes they made. Western nations caused this problem by capitulating and supporting the political Zionist movement. Western nations should pay for it.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Channel 4 reporting is making up my own facts eh? Nope. That's what Israel did to smear UNRWA - get it right.

Point 4 is a legal issue. Anyone with even the slightest knowledge of international law is aware that if a country signs up to the '1948 Convention on the Prevention and Punishment of the Crime of Genocide' then that country is legally obligated to prevent genocide, anywhere it may be being committed, when made aware that one is plausibly being committed. The ICJ ruling made this clear to all signatories of the convention.

By withholding aid from the largest aid agency, they are assisting Israel in its genocide. Israel is allowing around 95 trucks a day into Gaza - prior to the conflict, there were 500 trucks a day entering. Israel is making it almost impossible to get aid into the strip, even things like surgical knives are being rejected and are sitting in a huge warehouse. I learned all of this by listening to a British politician who was talking to Andrew Marr on LBC. He explained how long the whole process takes, and how Israel has made it virtually impossible for aid to enter. He visited the warehouses piled full of vital aid that he says Israel will not let in. It contained things like surgical knives, water etc.

UNRWA have stated that they will have to cease operations within this month. We are almost at mid Feb. What are you even trying to say? We have time for an investigation? No, the investigation will take months - especially in the midst of a warzone.

We don't stop funding the Roman Catholic church - but we all know its priests love to diddle little kids. We've had several Lucy Letby's and other killers working in the NHS - we don't stop paying all NHS workers while we investigate these crimes . We've had so many police officers thrown in jail for crimes such as rape, murder, pedophilia etc - we haven't stopped funding the police force. This knee jerk reaction from these western governments is disgusting, unconscionable and unexplainable.

I wonder why Arab nations might think it is fair that the Western Nations who supported the original Nakba 1948 and who continue supporting Israeli occupation since 1967 pay for the mistakes they made. Western nations caused this problem by capitulating and supporting the political Zionist movement. Western nations should pay for it.

@Brickleberry

You misrepresent facts, that's for sure. The Channel 4 report did not provide any 'proof' of the sort you claim.

And no, I don't think you have the slightest knowledge of international law, not when posting such nonsense. Or maybe you think that all of them governments are clueless about this as well? Did any of them air worries about legal issues? Did the UN raise this issue? I think it's mostly you either making up stuff, or echoing something you picked from this or that biased website.

There is no 'we', other than in your mind. You do not speak for 'we', or 'us' or whatever. And the Church got zero to do with this - just another deflection.

I wonder where you got the idea that Western Nations 'supported the original Nakba' form. Or that they support the Israeli occupation. But again - your issues are not with Israel's policies, but with Israel's very existence. As evident in your closing remarks. And you expect to be taken seriously....

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

19 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Ignored every point made in my response.....lol

Here have a little more fake rage on the new topic

US lawmakers demand resignations of UN secretary general & UNRWA chief

• Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

You misrepresent facts, that's for sure. The Channel 4 report did not provide any 'proof' of the sort you claim.

And no, I don't think you have the slightest knowledge of international law, not when posting such nonsense. Or maybe you think that all of them governments are clueless about this as well? Did any of them air worries about legal issues? Did the UN raise this issue? I think it's mostly you either making up stuff, or echoing something you picked from this or that biased website.

There is no 'we', other than in your mind. You do not speak for 'we', or 'us' or whatever. And the Church got zero to do with this - just another deflection.

I wonder where you got the idea that Western Nations 'supported the original Nakba' form. Or that they support the Israeli occupation. But again - your issues are not with Israel's policies, but with Israel's very existence. As evident in your closing remarks. And you expect to be taken seriously....

Channel 4 obtained the same report, this is proof that there is no evidence. What more do you need? An Israeli spokesman to come out and say "Yeah, we made it up"? Some people just won't believe the facts when presented with them. Not my fault. I'm not making it up, so are you accusing Channel 4 of lying in their reporting?

Police, NHS etc are all large organizations. When small percentages of them do something wrong, we don't stop their funding. Funding continues whilst investigations are run. Lucy Letby was paid while she was under investigation. So were police officers who were accused of grave crimes. UNRWA has already fired the ones who Israel smeared, and an investigation is underway. Yet many governments responded by cutting funding to an organization supporting over 2 million people - almost 85% of which are crammed into Rafah which is about to be ground assaulted by the IDF - air strikes have already killed people there.

So according to you, if a country is signed up to the genocide conventions, they are not obligated to do everything in their power to prevent it? Either you are trolling, or you are not a serious person. https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide-convention.shtml

My position on Israel's existence is that it did indeed deserve to be a country.

However, now that the far right wing has completely taken over and has indoctrinated their children to hate Arabs and that they are the only legitimate indigenous people who deserve to be free from the river to the sea... that Israel does not deserve to exist. It is a pariah internationally, this is not a controversial view. When right wing, fascist governments take power, people's rights invariably suffers. Kick out the right wing and start negotiating. Leave the occupied territories. Stop controlling the West Bank and snatching Palestinians out of their beds at night - locking them up without any charges or legal recourse. Israel will not be safe until it abides by international law. How many do you think are being radicalized right this second? tens of thousands dead, tens of thousands seriously injured, unknown numbers of bodies under the rubble. Settler violence and IDF war crimes in the West Bank. And this will keep Israel safe?

Screenshot(69).png.a46f2c986f8c81da3111b494c5f8cbb5.png

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

Channel 4 obtained the same report, this is proof that there is no evidence. What more do you need? An Israeli spokesman to come out and say "Yeah, we made it up"? Some people just won't believe the facts when presented with them. Not my fault. I'm not making it up, so are you accusing Channel 4 of lying in their reporting?

Police, NHS etc are all large organizations. When small percentages of them do something wrong, we don't stop their funding. Funding continues whilst investigations are run. Lucy Letby was paid while she was under investigation. So were police officers who were accused of grave crimes. UNRWA has already fired the ones who Israel smeared, and an investigation is underway. Yet many governments responded by cutting funding to an organization supporting over 2 million people - almost 85% of which are crammed into Rafah which is about to be ground assaulted by the IDF - air strikes have already killed people there.

So according to you, if a country is signed up to the genocide conventions, they are not obligated to do everything in their power to prevent it? Either you are trolling, or you are not a serious person. https://www.un.org/en/genocideprevention/genocide-convention.shtml

My position on Israel's existence is that it did indeed deserve to be a country.

However, now that the far right wing has completely taken over and has indoctrinated their children to hate Arabs and that they are the only legitimate indigenous people who deserve to be free from the river to the sea... that Israel does not deserve to exist. It is a pariah internationally, this is not a controversial view. When right wing, fascist governments take power, people's rights invariably suffers. Kick out the right wing and start negotiating. Leave the occupied territories. Stop controlling the West Bank and snatching Palestinians out of their beds at night - locking them up without any charges or legal recourse. Israel will not be safe until it abides by international law. How many do you think are being radicalized right this second? tens of thousands dead, tens of thousands seriously injured, unknown numbers of bodies under the rubble. Settler violence and IDF war crimes in the West Bank. And this will keep Israel safe?

@Brickleberry

Again.

Channel 4 claimed it was the same report. The actual content of the report was not divulged by channel 4. The report was not made public, so all you got to go on is Channel 4's claim. I'd expect someone who pretends to be a legal expert to get this the first time. It's really not complicated. Channel 4 could publish the contents of the report, make the full document available to the public. Not aware that they did so. And no, not necessarily lying - it would not be the first time a news outlet published an incorrect story, or one relying on partial/misunderstood details and so on. Happened quite a few times with regard to this war alone. If you're having trouble with this, think back about previous times on these 'discussions' you had to backtrack, admit you were wrong and so on. So no, I'm not calling them 'liars', I'm saying it doesn't add up - and that at this stage it's not 'proof'. Again, I find it astonishing that you either don't get it or pretend not to.

The Police, the NHS and so on are not international UN bodies, and their funding is through approved state budgets, not donations. It's only same same if one tries to lamely deflect. There is no obligation to donate, or to continue to do so. It's up to the governments of the donor countries. Funding of such things as a police and a national health service is mandated by law. Also, you've tried this nonsense before - maybe come up with some new stuff?

According to me, you are not a legal expert. The governments of countries in question do not seem concerned about the 'legal' angle you raised. I guess that they get advice from actual legal experts. You saying it's an issue doesn't make it so, given your obvious bias and vehemence, you're bound to say pretty much anything that will 'support' your 'cause'.

Your position regarding Israel, as expressed in a previous post (and others) was, basically, that them dastardly Zionists tricked Western Governments (may want to check who voted how...) into proclaiming it a state (never mind that the same included a Palestinian State), along with wild allegations about them 'supporting' the Nakba etc. So get a clue and make up your mind.

And you go on with them blanket statements

- 'the far right wing has completely taken over': Not true.

- 'indoctrinated....blah blah blah': Not true.

Israel is not a Pariah state, other than in your imagination and wishful thinking. It is not a controversial view, it's a nonsense, propaganda one. Did your government sever ties with Israel? Applied sanctions? Or does it support the findings of the UNRWA report? Maybe have economic and security ties with Israel? No? Or maybe you're gonna try some lame 'the government does not represent bit'? You've tried that too - but coming on the heels of your previous comment regarding Israel it would seem rather silly....

Any other deflections and nonsense on offer?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Brickleberry said:

From the above:

Either you are trolling,

23 hours ago, Rimmer said:

Its one thing disagreeing with another member but something else flaming them and calling them names and trolls.

I have just removed a number of these flames from posts in order to preserve the content, but next time I will remove the entire post and replies so best to stop the name calling now  :ph34r:

This should be interesting. Let's see what happens.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Or does it support the findings of the UNRWA report?

Stupid comment. There are no findings in the report. Only unproven allegations.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

- 'the far right wing has completely taken over': Not true.

- 'indoctrinated....blah blah blah': Not true.

Completely true. Israelis even have their own versions of history. For example, they believe that Palestinians were not forcibly expelled during 1947/48. They believe that the Arabs just launched attacks at them for declaring a state.

Nope. The Israelis were forcibly evicting them in the hundreds of thousands, rape, murder, poisoning their water - which is a war crime documented by the Israeli soldiers who did it, and the Red Cross. Israelis are indoctrinated to believe that they are eternal victims and innocents in this conflict, which is categorically, empirically false.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

According to me, you are not a legal expert. The governments of countries in question do not seem concerned about the 'legal' angle you raised. I guess that they get advice from actual legal experts. You saying it's an issue doesn't make it so, given your obvious bias and vehemence, you're bound to say pretty much anything that will 'support' your 'cause'.

No I'm not a legal expert. But I can read the ICJ rulings, the UN conventions. They are quite clear on the matter.

4 hours ago, Morch said:

Channel 4 claimed it was the same report. The actual content of the report was not divulged by channel 4. The report was not made public, so all you got to go on is Channel 4's claim. I'd expect someone who pretends to be a legal expert to get this the first time. It's really not complicated. Channel 4 could publish the contents of the report, make the full document available to the public. Not aware that they did so. And no, not necessarily lying - it would not be the first time a news outlet published an incorrect story, or one relying on partial/misunderstood details and so on. Happened quite a few times with regard to this war alone. If you're having trouble with this, think back about previous times on these 'discussions' you had to backtrack, admit you were wrong and so on. So no, I'm not calling them 'liars', I'm saying it doesn't add up - and that at this stage it's not 'proof'. Again, I find it astonishing that you either don't get it or pretend not to.

Channel 4 read the report and reported on it saying there is no evidence. So now you won't believe it until the report is released? Interesting. Your quite happy to jump on the bandwagon and de fund UNRWA without seeing a report at all. But when evidence comes out that the report is BS you must see it to believe.

Edited by Brickleberry
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Morch said:

From the above:

This should be interesting. Let's see what happens.

I didn't call you any names. I used trolling as a verb, and questioned whether you were trolling or not being serious.

• Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Brickleberry said:

Stupid comment. There are no findings in the report. Only unproven allegations.

Completely true. Israelis even have their own versions of history. For example, they believe that Palestinians were not forcibly expelled during 1947/48. They believe that the Arabs just launched attacks at them for declaring a state.

Nope. The Israelis were forcibly evicting them in the hundreds of thousands, rape, murder, poisoning their water - which is a war crime documented by the Israeli soldiers who did it, and the Red Cross. Israelis are indoctrinated to believe that they are eternal victims and innocents in this conflict, which is categorically, empirically false.

No I'm not a legal expert. But I can read the ICJ rulings, the UN conventions. They are quite clear on the matter.

Channel 4 read the report and reported on it saying there is no evidence. So now you won't believe it until the report is released? Interesting. Your quite happy to jump on the bandwagon and de fund UNRWA without seeing a report at all. But when evidence comes out that the report is BS you must see it to believe.

@Brickleberry

What is it with you wannabe 'pro-palestinian' posters and chopping posts? Why can't you just quote like normal posters? It's such a lame 'debate' tactic, pathetic. At times past this was not allowed, but with the new winds, maybe it's on.

You have no idea what's on the report. You keep pretending that you do, but you do not. Give it a rest. All you've got to go on is a report - which did not actually release the information to the public. Unless you think that Israel sent them governments one typed page and 15 blank ones, you're just talking nonsense.

You claim that the far right wing took over Israel. You do not bother to actually support, or demonstrate it with anything. You just state it as fact, and plunge on, expecting it would stick. Nations having differing historical narratives, especially with conflicts which are still going on, is quite normal. The Palestinian versions of history are a mirror image and aren't very accurate as well. You trying to paint things in a totally one-sided way is beyond ridiculous, especially concerning the subject matter of the topic - remember them Palestinian textbook used in UNRWA schools? Don't recall you whining about that). And, just in case you weren't aware, schools in Israel follow differing programs - there's no single unified one in each and every school).

And indeed, you are no legal expert. You're a hyper-biased poster who often makes incorrect, over-the-top comments. Taking your 'opinion' as to legal matters is a choice. As said, them governments do not seem particularly concerned on that score.

Your last comment is simply you failing to read my posts. I do not know, or pretend to know what was in the report Israel presented to the governments of donor countries. I do know that a bunch of them decided to act on it, and in a very decisive manner - which is unlike their past responses to past allegations. I do know that such decisions involve a whole lot of people within each and every government. So to assume they are all idiots, all clueless, or all somehow suddenly colluding with Israel or fulfilling its wishes on a whim - is not very reasonable, or likely. You avoid addressing this issue like the plague, bringing up every semi-relevant deflection.

Giant Hamas tunnel found under UNRWA’s Gaza headquarters

During a meeting between U.S. Secretary of State Antony Blinken and Prime Minister Netanyahu in Jerusalem on Wednesday, the American diplomat was shown photos of a giant tunnel that was exposed in recent days underneath the central headquarters of UNRWA in the Gaza Strip. The meeting was attended by senior officials from both sides.

The Israeli leader showed Blinken proof of the misuse of the UNRWA headquarters’ underground premises for apparent terrorist tunneling purposes.

https://www.jns.org/giant-tunnel-discovered-under-unrwas-gaza-headquarters

48 minutes ago, Morch said:

@Brickleberry

What is it with you wannabe 'pro-palestinian' posters and chopping posts? Why can't you just quote like normal posters? It's such a lame 'debate' tactic, pathetic. At times past this was not allowed, but with the new winds, maybe it's on.

You have no idea what's on the report. You keep pretending that you do, but you do not. Give it a rest. All you've got to go on is a report - which did not actually release the information to the public. Unless you think that Israel sent them governments one typed page and 15 blank ones, you're just talking nonsense.

You claim that the far right wing took over Israel. You do not bother to actually support, or demonstrate it with anything. You just state it as fact, and plunge on, expecting it would stick. Nations having differing historical narratives, especially with conflicts which are still going on, is quite normal. The Palestinian versions of history are a mirror image and aren't very accurate as well. You trying to paint things in a totally one-sided way is beyond ridiculous, especially concerning the subject matter of the topic - remember them Palestinian textbook used in UNRWA schools? Don't recall you whining about that). And, just in case you weren't aware, schools in Israel follow differing programs - there's no single unified one in each and every school).

And indeed, you are no legal expert. You're a hyper-biased poster who often makes incorrect, over-the-top comments. Taking your 'opinion' as to legal matters is a choice. As said, them governments do not seem particularly concerned on that score.

Your last comment is simply you failing to read my posts. I do not know, or pretend to know what was in the report Israel presented to the governments of donor countries. I do know that a bunch of them decided to act on it, and in a very decisive manner - which is unlike their past responses to past allegations. I do know that such decisions involve a whole lot of people within each and every government. So to assume they are all idiots, all clueless, or all somehow suddenly colluding with Israel or fulfilling its wishes on a whim - is not very reasonable, or likely. You avoid addressing this issue like the plague, bringing up every semi-relevant deflection.

I know exactly what is contained in the report - no evidence. You can keep bleating on about this, or you can accept mainstream independent Western Media who have analyzed these documents and found them to be lacking any evidence whatsoever. You obviously didn't watch the video, as the report showed several pages. They even said at the start of the video "we analyzed all 16 pages of the intelligence dossier". Stop lying about what the report is, and what it contains.

Did you not know that this Israeli government is far right? There are literally people who have been convicted of terrorism in the government (Ben Givr). The entire world reports that this is a far right government. We both know you know this. Stop deflecting, admit when you are wrong. 

It wasn't my opinion that I referenced. It was a picture of the laws all signatories must abide by, from a reputable source - the UN. Governments are concerned which is why the EU is now backtracking and is talking about resuming funds. Biden is currently being sued in the USA for enabling genocide and the court has accepted the case. The ICJ has ruled that genocide is plausibly being committed. How many more court cases does Israel need to lose for you to pull your head out of the sand? How many more UN resolution s does Israel have to break - I think we are at 26 legally binding orders it is ignoring. How much more of the West Bank will Israel steal until you pull your head out of the sand? How many more Palestinian deaths will it take?

I haven't avoided it like the plague, you just keep spouting this nonsense and ignoring the facts that media has seen the report and reported on it. I have answered you several times already - it is unconscionable, unfathomable and immoral. Even if the allegations were true - which they are not - 0.009% of employees does not represent the 30,000 members of staff UNRWA has. Ignoring the facts that Israel wants this organization destroyed, and has publicly stated its intentions over decades should not come as a surprise to someone who claims to be informed. In fact, Israel's allegations should be taken with a truck load of salt because of its clearly stated goals to destroy UNRWA. Quite why governments are doing this is beyond me. It truly is. Even if the allegations are true, it is such a small minority, and the aid MUST continue. The ICJ has ordered that more aid MUST reach the Palestinian people. What these governments are doing is illogical, immoral and absolutely insane! These governments who are shirking their duties are the ones who are in control of UNRWA, renew its mission, elect the heads of it. etc. It's like they don;t trust themselves - ridiculous!

• Sad 1