Biden plans for retaliatory strikes against Iranian targets in Syria and Iraq.

Social Media

image.png

The United States, reeling from a drone attack on its military base in Jordan that claimed the lives of three soldiers, has reportedly approved plans for retaliatory strikes against Iranian targets in Syria and Iraq. This escalating situation raises concerns of a wider conflict in the region, despite US assurances of seeking a measured response.

The Trigger:

On Sunday, a drone attack attributed to an Iranian-backed militia group struck a base in Jordan, housing US troops. This resulted in the tragic deaths of three American soldiers and injuries to 41 others. The US blames the Islamic Resistance in Iraq, a network of militias bolstered by Iran, for the attack.

Planned Retaliation:

US officials, while not disclosing exact timelines, have confirmed the approval of strikes against Iranian facilities and personnel in Syria and Iraq. These strikes represent a direct response to the Jordan attack and are intended to deter future aggression. However, weather conditions are likely to influence the timing of the operation, with the US prioritizing good visibility to minimize civilian casualties.

Escalating Tensions:

The planned strikes come amidst escalating tensions in the region. US President Joe Biden faces mounting pressure from Republican lawmakers to take decisive action against Iran, while simultaneously emphasizing his aversion to a wider war. This balancing act reflects the complex geopolitical landscape, where a misstep could lead to unintended consequences.

Key Players and Motivations:

• US: Driven by the need to hold perpetrators accountable and protect its interests, the US seeks a response that sends a clear message without igniting a broader conflict.
  • Iran: While denying involvement in the Jordan attack, Iran faces internal pressure from hardliners pushing for retaliation against US presence in the region.
  • Iran-backed Militias: Operating in Syria and Iraq, these groups pose a direct threat to US forces and contribute to regional instability.

Potential Impact:

The planned strikes, while limited in scope, could still trigger further attacks and escalate tensions. Regional stability hangs in the balance, and the international community awaits the US response with trepidation.

Looking Ahead:

The coming days will be crucial in determining the trajectory of the situation. Whether the US strikes achieve their intended effect without provoking further escalation remains to be seen. Continued diplomatic efforts and clear communication are essential to prevent the conflict from spiraling out of control.

image.png

Source

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Presto said:

Funny you should compare this to Pearl Harbor.

But, could you explain to me what American troops are doing in Jordan, Syria, Iraq? Preserving world peace? Maybe invited by the people there that love Americans so much?

Please explain!

Fighting the remnants of ISIS on behalf of Jordan, Syria, and Iraq. Thanks, now USA just leave your checkbooks and go home from those nations.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Arindos said:

The  US military has to be in the Middle East to defend shipping and other US interests against piracy and terrorism. The US has been fighting piracy on the seas since it was founded even throughout its isolationist era.

And remember it was Palestine that struck Israel first and not the other way around.

What does this have to do with US, we can't protect our own boarders.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Arindos said:

The  US military has to be in the Middle East to defend shipping and other US interests against piracy and terrorism. The US has been fighting piracy on the seas since it was founded even throughout its isolationist era.

And remember it was Palestine that struck Israel first and not the other way around.

As car as I know, Hamas la ont "Palestine".

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, candide said:

As car as I know, Hamas la ont "Palestine".

Hamas is basically a front for Palestine. You would never have said "United Russia" and not "Russia", or whatever party that the president of Ukraine subscribes to vs "Ukraine". 

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Arindos said:

It involves attacks on US shipping and other interests. The navy has been protecting US shipping since the foundation of the USA.

Is it a US flagged ship? Not a US war ship, they go in harms way on there own>

• Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Arindos said:

Hamas is basically a front for Palestine. You would never have said "United Russia" and not "Russia", or whatever party that the president of Ukraine subscribes to vs "Ukraine". 

Russia and Ukraine are States with a government, an army, borders, etc...

There is no Palestinian State. What looks 'a little bit' like a State is the Palestinian authority, and Hamas doesn't recognise its authority on Gaza.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Arindos said:

I mean that the commercial ships being targeted by piracy and terrorism in those waters need protection from a military. If there are a US commercial ship then obviously it should be the US navy that protects them. The navy has been doing this since the foundation of the US.

5 hours ago, Arindos said:

I mean that the commercial ships being targeted by piracy and terrorism in those waters need protection from a military. If there are a US commercial ship then obviously it should be the US navy that protects them. The navy has been doing this since the foundation of the US.

US merchant ship had cannons for defence long before there was

a navy 

Edited by stats
meme removed
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, rice555 said:

US merchant ship had cannons for defence long before there was

a navy 

Well initially Europe would hire privateers to protect shipping and then moved onto using the navy directly in the 1700s which was when the US was founded. Remember that Europe was the main naval powers at the time of foundation and so the US could rely on European allies but now the tables have turned.

11 minutes ago, Arindos said:

Hamas is representative of Gaza and supported by Palestine. Hamas equals Gaza and wants to equal Palestine.

So Hamas is not "Palestine", as I mentioned. And the Palestinian Authority, which officially represents Palestine (which is not a state),  disagrees with it.

Edited by candide
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Arindos said:

I think it is acceptable to say Hamas equals Palestine in the context of the war. Hamas is trying to represent Palestine and most Palestinians support it, and furthermore all the reasons behind the war are about Palestine and not Hamas.

No.

• Agree 2

Biden: hey guys make some laud noises, but be careful, no serious damages 🤔 I'm afraid they won't accept my private messages anymore😞then no more team works 😆😂🤣 my friend Hussain sent billions of dollars, but we are limited at this moment and can't send such gifts. I'm sorry my friends, will send as soon as possible. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

11 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Biden continues to escalate conflicts around the world.

It's almost like it's an election year.

Some posters keep pushing Trump campaign talking points.

It's almost like it's an election year.

• Confused 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, The Theory said:

Biden: hey guys make some laud noises, but be careful, no serious damages 🤔 I'm afraid they won't accept my private messages anymore😞then no more team works 😆😂🤣 my friend Hussain sent billions of dollars, but we are limited at this moment and can't send such gifts. I'm sorry my friends, will send as soon as possible. 

Not for the first time....maybe consider changing your forum handle to 'The Conspiracy Theory'?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, BangkokHank said:

Another case of Israel luring the US into fighting its enemies. The US military has NO business being in the Middle East. It should be at home, protecting America's own borders against the ongoing invasion.

Oh dear...'luring' how? What 'invasion'?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1