Bicycle storage for 1 - 2 years - where?

henrik2000

Hello, perhaps i (repeat tourist) would like to store a bicycle in Jomtien (preferred) or Pattaya for 1 to 2 years, for a fee. Are there any reasonable official offers for that? Or private offers?

I see official storage offers for Pattaya that seem to charge more than 200 Baht per day or are just a document safe. Both is not feasible.

I could take off the bicycle’s front wheel to make it more compact, and if need be, I could also take off handlebar and back wheel.  Together with the bicycle I want to leave a small plastic bag with things like beach towel, beach mat, bicycle parts, small travel stuff. I would take pictures of everything that I leave with the keeper. I'm happy if everything is covered with plastic or other material, but I don't have that material.

Right now I am in Jomtien and I could hand in  the bicycle around February 10th, 2024. If a private person would store it for me, say in the garden shed, I would suggest this agreement:

I pay upfront for storage until February 10, 2026 (longer time span would be nice, but perhaps too much to ask for)

If i retrieve the bicycle after one year, not 2 years, the keeper may keep the money paid for the second year or best would be he returns the extra money or I may return the bicycle for another storage span after my holiday

If I don't pick up the bicycle until the last day, February 10, 2026, the keeper can have the bicycle and things for himself, I have no more claim

The keeper must be available by mail, line and or phone most days

The bicycle must be available for pickup most days (certainly I will only need the bicycle in the cool season, next cool season 2024-25 or second next cool season, 2025-2026; certainly not in any April or July)

The keeper is free to browse my stuff for any illegal or degradable content in my presence or when I'm away; I'm happy to present every single item upon handing it in

If I return and the bicycle is damaged or gone, I don't know what to do or what to agree upon

Are there reasonable official or private offers for this wish? Any ideas? 

Thanks!

Backgrounds:

My bicycle maybe worth only 3,000 or 5,000 Baht on the second hand market, but it has been modified considerably to my taste and for me personally it's worth much more, even if not for the general public. It seems difficult to sell. The alternative seems to be to dump it at Bali Hai pier (legal?).

I have no hotel contact in Jomtien or Pattaya. Local friends have no space. Currently I stay in Jomtien in a friend's condo. He is not around and not reachable. The condo's laundry shop lady, who seems to know everything, suggested I wrap the bicycle in plastic and then lock it to a lamp post on the condo’s outdoor parking lot. I will certainly not do that, it's bad for me, for the bicycle and for the other inmates. She didn't have a suggestion for storage in the underground parking or elsewhere. 

Thanks!  

Edited by henrik2000

Seems like a lot of hassle for a $100 bicycle. How much are you expecting to pay as even at 5 baht per day you have paid for the bike again in the 2 years stored.

Just sell it for whatever you can get

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1

Check to see if there are any Warmshowers hosts in your area. These people will often store a bicycle for you. I'm a Warmshowers host in Trang, and I often keep bicycles here while people go out to visit the islands.