Jomtien 90 day

champers

33 minutes ago, Mentors65 said:

CORRECTION TM 47 Formuar not TM 30

So no TM30, do you own or rent your property, it’s confusing, how do Immigration check you live at the address you wrote on the TM47 with no documentation to support it ?

9 hours ago, Jumbo1968 said:

So no TM30, do you own or rent your property, it’s confusing, how do Immigration check you live at the address you wrote on the TM47 with no documentation to support it ?

They get the TM30 formular confirmation by the landlord once a Year with my retirement extension. Or after a re-entry (after more than 30 Days abroad).

Confusing for shure.

• Haha 1

On 2/5/2024 at 10:47 PM, petermik said:

If you use an agent and pay through the nose for your extension then you get the 90 day reporting for 100 baht.....otherwise no.

I applaud people who share a meagre amount of their profits with agents and earn 15%+ in the S&P 500. I give no credit to anyone (or sheeples) who does it DIY as if it is their only achievement in life. 

On 2/7/2024 at 11:52 AM, Oink said:

But the self entitled Immigrants get an agent as the have more important things to do 😜

So to you... people who have been successful in their life and can afford to pay an agent are "SELF ENTITLED"... may I suggest that you should get over it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mentors65 said:

They get the TM30 formular confirmation by the landlord once a Year with my retirement extension. Or after a re-entry (after more than 30 Days abroad).

Confusing for shure.

You didn’t mention your landlord had done a TM30

9 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

So to you... people who have been successful in their life and can afford to pay an agent are "SELF ENTITLED"... may I suggest that you should get over it.

In my experience successful people embrace challenges. No problem for me. I am a happy little immigrant! 😁

Edited by Oink
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Oink said:

In my experience successful people embrace challenges. No problem for me. I am a happy little immigrant! 😁

You speak as if it is worth the time and aggravation that is required to deal with IOs... which most people do not like to do... in order to be a successful person... I suggest that a successful person is smarter than that and lets his hired hand deal with the mundane... unless of course you cannot afford to delegate to others the mundane. 

10 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

You speak as if it is worth the time and aggravation that is required to deal with IOs... which most people do not like to do... in order to be a successful person... I suggest that a successful person is smarter than that and lets his hired hand deal with the mundane... unless of course you cannot afford to delegate to others the mundane. 

I am quite happy to do my TM30, 90 Day and Non Immigrant O extension.  It is no big deal, unless you don't have the 800k and need an agent.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Oink said:

I am quite happy to do my TM30, 90 Day and Non Immigrant O extension.  It is no big deal, unless you don't have the 800k and need an agent.

Might depend on where you live. For those residing in a VT 2, 5 or 7, sure, a trivial stroll to Immigration and hardly any effort whatsoever. For those over on the darkside it's a bit of a nightmare drive. 

• Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Oink said:

unless you don't have the 800k and need an agent.

Just not true... most of the people who use agents have much more than the 400k or 800k that's why they can afford to pay an agent to do the legwork and are out playing golf instead of sitting in a que at the IO... you are happy because you can't afford to do either and you are right... it's not all that hard to do... but I would rather be playing golf.  555

• Thumbs Up 2

18 hours ago, petermik said:

My understand is this you go to the Agents office and unless you have the money in the bank you then accompany them to the Bank...following this I believe you then need your photo taking at the Immigration office for certain extensions....leave your passport with the Agent (I recall 2 acquaintances of mine several years ago using a well know Agent on soi Excite who did a runner with their documentation and left them in...and many others the proverbial shyte) after after a week or so go back to the Agents office and pick up your passport...let me know how accurate my details are?

Your details are skewed... my agent calls me when it is time to renew  my "marriage visa"... I stop by and drop off my passport and sign all the papers that they have prepared and have my picture taken... they call me a couple of days later to let me know if IO will be visiting... some years IO wants to visit my house some years they do not... up to them... after processing by IO my agent calls me to pick up my passport... have never had a problem.

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, petermik said:

I can show with my Bank book that I comply fully with the current monetry regulations.

The agent I used told me another bank statement ( along with the letter) was required going back 6 months..... I said that was covered by copies of the bank book and if anything they would want to go back a year... (which would require a statement to be ordered and a days wait). I was told the agent knows best, and I don't know what immigration require! Used to be it was defined by police orders in writing. Heaven knows what will be needed next year, but I paid an agent yet did a lot of running around myself. 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kinyara said:

What's wrong with you guys that you end up arguing about the most simple task in this country.

I

The arguments are normally started by posters who have a distinct ‘hatred’ of people who use agents.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Skipalongcassidy said:

Your details are skewed... my agent calls me when it is time to renew  my "marriage visa"... I stop by and drop off my passport and sign all the papers that they have prepared and have my picture taken... they call me a couple of days later to let me know if IO will be visiting... some years IO wants to visit my house some years they do not... up to them... after processing by IO my agent calls me to pick up my passport... have never had a problem.

Your extension is slightly different to most folk here who are on Retirement extensions....my comment relates to retirement....you make two trips to the Agents office I make two trips to Immigration :thumbsup:

Edited by petermik

3 hours ago, jacko45k said:

The agent I used told me another bank statement ( along with the letter) was required going back 6 months..... I said that was covered by copies of the bank book and if anything they would want to go back a year... (which would require a statement to be ordered and a days wait). I was told the agent knows best, and I don't know what immigration require! Used to be it was defined by police orders in writing. Heaven knows what will be needed next year, but I paid an agent yet did a lot of running around myself. 

jacko

many folk here use Agents even though they have the finances in place....their choice and I respect that...but is it any easier/simpler and time saving as the way I have done for the past ten years....does not seem like it from your experience.

A few years back 12/14 a good pal of mine here used a lady who was an Immigration officer (friend of his wife) and she actually called round to his apartment did all the paperwork returned his passport the following day and the cost was 6000 baht....now that I can understand :thumbsup:

19 hours ago, petermik said:

jacko

many folk here use Agents even though they have the finances in place....their choice and I respect that...but is it any easier/simpler and time saving as the way I have done for the past ten years....does not seem like it from your experience.

A few years back 12/14 a good pal of mine here used a lady who was an Immigration officer (friend of his wife) and she actually called round to his apartment did all the paperwork returned his passport the following day and the cost was 6000 baht....now that I can understand :thumbsup:

It has varied for me... two different years, two different results, 2 different agents  Both times agents were used even though I have left over 800k sitting in an FD account for many years. Once it was easy, and I simply had an easy drive to the agents office twice, and did nothing more than get the bank letter, another I was back and forth to the bank, and had to go to immigration too, they gave me a ride out there and back. I heard immigration was super crowded last week when a pal went and he spent 4 hours there.....now avoiding that I can understand!:tongue:

• Like 1

90 day on line report rejected despite everything being same and correct as previously and being five days early, so had to go yesterday in person, it seems one now has to do the internet report 15 days BEFORE the date shown on the last acknowledgement slip. 

I wonder Is this a temporary thing or do we always have to do online reporting 15 days before the date shown on the new slip?

Edited by CatCage
  • Thanks 1

You can do online reporting between 15 and 7 days before it is due, provided that you have an up to date TM30 stapled in your passport. If you not, it will bounce back. You will need to go to immigration with house book to reconfirm address before 90 Day, so allow time.

Edited by Oink

4 minutes ago, Oink said:

You can do online reporting between 15 and 7 days before it is due. After that it has to be done phsically at immigration.

Yes we know all that but you have missed the point. They are now saying Online reporting MUST be done 15 days BEFORE the date shown in the last on line report slip.. They even have a printed notice on the 90day desk to this effect

• Thanks 1