Why are we suddenly allowed to publicly criticize Jews?

46 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

True; I'm not a supporter of Israel, its leaders, policies or its present massacre of mostly women and children Gazsaians.

But as far as religion goes; I don't like or dis-like Jews any more than I do Christians. They all have their bad parts. Some have done good stuff.

I'm not at all happy with the western countries that have allowed Israel to gradually grow into the monster it is. But, I reckon the end is in sight for the whole Zionist cults; whatever religion they hide behind. Bitten off more than they can chew.

Yeah, not much interested in your conspiracy theory ramblings. What it is, is you objecting to Jews having a country (that's what Zionism is about, not your 'cult' garbage). Your issues are with Jews, spin it however you want.

39 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

In the last 1,000 years until 1900, near zero.

@ozimoron

Are you sure you want to go there?

Because a whole lot of the modern day Palestinians aren't originally 'Palestinian' either.

Surnames, family connections don't lie.

39 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And the reason for that is that one of the sides has all the weapons and the money and the support from the USA.

The other side can't do much. And if they do something then it is often low tech like suicide bombers. And that is obviously condemned by the western world. I am sure they would instead use fighter jets if they would have them. 

The reason is that you have issues with Israel.

Possessing more arms is not a thing. It doesn't imply right or wrong. Same goes for money. Saudi Arabia got lots of money - is it righteous?

The other side can't do much? Tell that to people who died on 7/10. Tell them to all the Israelis that died in terrorist attacks over the years. Suddenly all them thousands of rockets are 'not much', 'low tech'....basically a non-threat in your narrative.

I'm sure some of you lot would like to see Hamas having fighter jets.

• Thumbs Up 1

41 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Yeah, sure, so far.

You're getting desperate.

Moving the goalposts, deflecting, obfuscating.

If Israel was as bent as you claim on driving the Gazans away, or killing them - there wouldn't be a 'so far'.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Look, Palestinians want the whole land as a Palestinian  state under Sharia law , they want an Iran like Country .

Palestinians want Israel to be gone and replaced by an Islamic state , they don't want to make friends and all live happily ever after

And what does Israel want? All the settlers, this war, it seems Israel wants all the land, obviously without the Palestinians. Some high-ranking Israeli government officials call the animals. 

• Sad 1
  • Love It 1

18 hours ago, AndyAndyAndy said:

What caused such a dramatic shift? 🤨 

The attrocities Israel are committing right now, killing 8,000++ innocent children.

Also, the Apartheid in Israel, as mentioned by Amnesty and other Human Rights groups.

Israel’s apartheid against Palestinians: a cruel system of domination and a crime against humanity

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/news/2022/02/israels-apartheid-against-palestinians-a-cruel-system-of-domination-and-a-crime-against-humanity/

https://www.hrw.org/report/2021/04/27/threshold-crossed/israeli-authorities-and-crimes-apartheid-and-persecution

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Morch said:

The reason is that you have issues with Israel.

The way Israel is fighting and killing Palestinians, including many innocent children, might be a reason why I have "issues with Israel".

• Sad 1
  • Love It 2

30 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Being able to trace one's DNA to the region does confer an entitlement to live there but not at the expense of the denizens of that region. And especially not when the "heritage" hasn't been endemic to the region in a couple of millennia. If that standard was applied to me I could be a citizen of half the western world.

Of course. My DNA shows Viking but it would be ridiculous if my family went to Denmark to claim some land.

The theft of Palestinian's land is the reason Israel are at war -  scenes like this broke the camels back -

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/5/4/if-i-dont-steal-your-home-someone-else-will-jewish-settler-says

Edited by Neeranam
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

I think we have always been allowed to publicly criticize Jews. The only difference now is whether anyone cares.🤔

In some countries it is illegal.

44 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Correct, there was "just" the Israeli occupation and suppression of Palestinians for a couple of decades. But that is obviously not really important for people like you. 

What's important for you is, apparently, to chop my posts into small bits, so that you can address then out of context while ignoring the message. It's something you do. It's how you roll. Dishonest.

Your claim was that if there are but a 100 Hamas supporters left, the war will continue. I pointed out this was not the case before the war, and it is not the case now. You cannot address that, so you deflect.

There was no occupation of the Gaza Strip. Nothing like the death and destruction on offer now. You think there are many Gazans who would object going back to that? Or are you that invested in the Hamas's 'resistance' narrative that you lost your way?

People like me? I post often enough that I see the Israeli occupation as wrong. That them illegal settlements in the West Bank are a blight and an obstacle to peace. Any other bogus personal nonsense you want to shame yourself with?

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

In some countries it is illegal.

You will have to help me out here. I did have a look on Google but I couldn't find anything definitive.🤔

3 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

You will have to help me out here. I did have a look on Google but I couldn't find anything definitive.🤔

Many countries have laws against hate speech, discrimination, and Holocaust denial, which may encompass criticism or incitement against Jews as an ethnic or religious group.

Some countries, particularly in Europe, have specific laws against Holocaust denial or minimizing the crimes of the Holocaust, which can include denying the systematic genocide of Jews during World War II. Examples include Germany, Austria, France, Poland, and others.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

47 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

We can make this short:

Do you see anything wrong about the Israeli war in Gaza?

If yes, please let us know.

Because for me it seems you think Israel is doing a great job. Just a couple of dead animals, Who cares? 

More of your inflammatory speech. 'Animals'? Who said that other than you? Did I? No.

Are there any limits to how low you will go? Shameless.

Let's make this short - do you see anything wrong with a terrorist organization carrying out an attack involving the deliberate murder of civilians? Rape of women? Hostage taking? Do you have any issues with this terrorist organization using the people under its rule as a shield? Referencing their death as necessary sacrifices? With that terrorist organization denying safety and food for these people, yet caring for its own? Or maybe you're alright with the same outfit prolonging things, at the expense of civilian deaths, so that they could score more political points?

You do not speak for 'us'. You're a biased poster who tried a sham of balance, but keeps failing at it time and again. Froth coming out whenever your arguments are exposed as baseless nonsense.

I do not revel in the death of Gazan civilians. I'm also not willfully ignorant of what war under such conditions entails.

You seem to think that there's a way for wars to be fought without this. You're pretty much out on your own there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Original roots in the Middle East! According to Chris Hedges - and others - reckon it's well below 10%. Most Israelis have their roots in Europe, although a few come from the US.

The English, Spanish and others went across the Atlantic to take over the Americas. Mascaraing the locals as they went. Old habits die hard.

Chris Hedges? I thought we're talking about views that aren't biased.

As for 10% it's nonsense, and accordingly you do not support it with anything.

No part of history of the nations mentioned had anything to do with the countries and continents they went to.

Israel is a different case.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Look, Palestinians want the whole land as a Palestinian  state under Sharia law , they want an Iran like Country .

Palestinians want Israel to be gone and replaced by an Islamic state , they don't want to make friends and all live happily ever after

Not all Palestinians want that.

That's not true.

Not all are Islamist.

Not all are extreme.

Some would accept a two-state solution.

You're overdoing it.

• Sad 1

54 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

My preference would be for a single secular nation (banning religious leaders from elections) with proportional representation and a parliament and electorates decided on population numbers with gerrymandering banned.

Failing that, the total arable land and water resources should be divided proportionate to the population including living refugees and their descendants.

@ozimoron

Your personal preference is not informed of relations between the sides, of their beliefs, political and social systems, or the prospects of such a one state not going up in flames very quickly. Comments like 'banning religious leaders from elections' show the level of disconnect between your 'opinions' and reality.

Same goes for your population displacement nonsense. Have a look at the map, figure just how out of touch that is.

53 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Intentional killing is murder. Wilful negligence leading to death is manslaughter. When inflicted on a civilian population en masse, both are war crimes.

@ozimoron

Crimes are not decided on the force of an wannabe experts on Asian based internet forums. More so when it comes to war crimes.

56 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Original roots in the Middle East! According to Chris Hedges - and others - reckon it's well below 10%. Most Israelis have their roots in Europe, although a few come from the US.

The English, Spanish and others went across the Atlantic to take over the Americas. Mascaraing the locals as they went. Old habits die hard.

You figure?

Hebrew belongs to the Canaanite group of languages. Canaanite languages are a branch of the Northwest Semitic family of languages. Hebrew flourished as a spoken language in the Kingdoms of Israel and Judah during the period from about 1200 to 586 BCE.  [ref]

How did an Afroasiatic  language come from Europe???

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Being able to trace one's DNA to the region does confer an entitlement to live there but not at the expense of the denizens of that region. And especially not when the "heritage" hasn't been endemic to the region in a couple of millennia. If that standard was applied to me I could be a citizen of half the western world.

@ozimoron

DNA doesn't confer any such right, other than in your imagination.

As for the rest of your nonsense, Jews with ME heritage and ancestry lived in relevant countries for centuries and more.

You're blabbering.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Many countries have laws against hate speech, discrimination, and Holocaust denial, which may encompass criticism or incitement against Jews as an ethnic or religious group.

Some countries, particularly in Europe, have specific laws against Holocaust denial or minimizing the crimes of the Holocaust, which can include denying the systematic genocide of Jews during World War II. Examples include Germany, Austria, France, Poland, and others.

Interesting case. Jailed for three years for inciting racial hatred. I'm surprised the police published the photograph of the guy's room. As far as I know, display of Nazi regalia is NOT prohibited in UK even outside your own house? https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/news/derbyshire/news/news/north/2023/august/high-peak-man-sentenced-after-posting-extreme-racist-messages-online/

Edited by The Fugitive
Spelling mistake.
  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

And what does Israel want? All the settlers, this war, it seems Israel wants all the land, obviously without the Palestinians. Some high-ranking Israeli government officials call the animals. 

The settlers are not the same as 'Israel'.

You have not demonstrated how Israel 'wants all the land' in this war, or otherwise.

You just say stuff.

Yes, there are some bad bad Israelis politicians. What of it? Are there not such anywhere? Are Palestinian leaders better?

You're harping on Israel Bad, not seeing anything else now.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The way Israel is fighting and killing Palestinians, including many innocent children, might be a reason why I have "issues with Israel".

Keep chopping my posts, editing out the parts you can't deal with. Shows just how cowardly you are and how weak your argument is.

You expressed pretty much the same sentiments regarding Israel for years, long before this war. Try that bit on someone not familiar with your views and comments.

• Thumbs Up 1

17 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Must be vexing for you, as an antisemite.

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, chippendale said:

The ongoing Gaza Holocaust and decades-long brutal occupation of Palestinian lands has opened a lot of eyes worldwide.

What did the world learn from 1933-45? Do not criticize the actions of Jews - EVER! Give them all the money they need.

What did Israel learn from 1933-45? Effective and efficient ways of oppressing and genociding other people.

What 'Holocaust'?

There was a civil war in Syria not too long ago. That was worse.

ISIS took over large tracts of the ME. That was worse.

More hyperbole. More 'same same' garbage.

As said, you people sure come out of the woods.....

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, The Fugitive said:

Interesting case. Jailed for three years for inciting racial hatred. I'm surprised the police published the photograph of the guy's room. As far as I know, display of Nazi regalia is NOT prohibited in UK even outside your own house? https://www.derbyshire.police.uk/news/derbyshire/news/news/north/2023/august/high-peak-man-sentenced-after-posting-extreme-racist-messages-online/

Oh, look....an terrorist fanboy is 'concerned' about human rights.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, ozimoron said:

Try every one of them. You're not special, petal.

Such as? please i challenge you to point out to any other nation, religion,  creed or group of people that have been through

and suffered as much as the Jewish people have been for centuries, looking forward to be corrected...

• Sad 1
  • Agree 2