Thai Govt to Address Patenting Issue on Elephant Patterned Pants

snoop1130

10 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

but admitted that it is crucial to swiftly address copyright issues and protect business opportunities

Thailand is full of fake copies.. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Artisi said:

Patents, copyright or prior design means b ugger-all in S E Asia. 

I have good Lolex or Omegr or maybe Ifone - you buy, all genuine. 

I wear the latest Abbidas trainers... 

• Haha 1

OK, the thirst for this "Soft Power" thing has gone way too far. 

Just stop already with this foolish attempt to force soft power on the Kingdom, the UN, and the World.

If it's culturally worthy it will become a thing. Elephant pants will never be a thing.

I guess it isn't surprising that this "issue" has caught the PMs attention. He seems to leap from issue to issue in a frenzy, yacking as if he is some expert, while not accomplishing a single thing.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

37 minutes ago, khunjeff said:

I don't think the concept of "pants" can be patented - I'm fairly certain that the revolutionary idea of "clothes covering the legs" existed prior to the advent of elephant pants.

Did Thai clothing even include pants until Westerners brought them here?

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Rampant Rabbit said:

"yet another"  incredible Thai Inevention, am sure it  will change the world as we  know it.

Have to protect Thailand, the hub of elephant patterned pants. 

1 hour ago, BenStark said:

No mate Adadas is the one and only real thing

Both made by a dyslectic worker at Adidas 

Needles to say he is not working there any more. Rumor has it he is teaching English in Thailand.:laugh:

I remember reading that thais were often naked in battle except for tattoos. Women wore skirts and went topless often. Europe needs to claim it patented trousers and blouses now. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, John Drake said:

Did Thai clothing even include pants until Westerners brought them here?

of course, like everything else - they were invented right here in LOS

• Haha 1

I used to send a few pairs of those pants back to a family member every now and then many years ago. No Thai would have been seen dead in them at that time. 

I once wore a pair to see what they were like out of interest and every Thai I passed looked at me like I was about to ask them for money or a free meal. They were disgusted, though in the usual disguised Thai way not wishing to offend, with the exception of a couple of girls walking together who actually stopped and looked at them in total disbelief (down in the far south somewhere I think that was).

I wore a pair on another occasion with the same result. I never wore a pair again.

It was exactly like the time i took a Thai to Khao San Road for a wander round back in the 90's. She was utterly horrified. "Do they wear those horrible clothes in their country?" "No" "Then why they rude to wear them in my country??"

Now, in very recent years I notice many Asians (including Thai's) wearing them. How times change! 

Simon