King Charles III diagnosed with cancer, Buckingham Palace says

webfact

image.jpeg

King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.

The type of cancer has not been revealed - it is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The King began "regular treatments" on Monday and will postpone public duties during the treatment, the Palace said.

The King, 75, "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible," it added.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

By Sean Coughlanm, Royal correspondent

File photo. Credit: Wikimedia

Full story: BBC 2024-02-06

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

image.jpeg

King Charles has been diagnosed with a form of cancer, says Buckingham Palace.

The type of cancer has not been revealed - it is not prostate cancer, but was discovered during his recent treatment for an enlarged prostate.

The King began "regular treatments" on Monday and will postpone public duties during the treatment, the Palace said.

The King, 75, "remains wholly positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public duty as soon as possible," it added.

No further details are being shared on the stage of cancer or a prognosis.

By Sean Coughlanm, Royal correspondent

File photo. Credit: Wikimedia

Full story: BBC 2024-02-06

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Good luck Charly 👍

Omg wait over 70 years for your job and soon as you start health intervenes .

Even Prince Williams wife has been ill not a good time health wise in British Royal family .

I am neither for or against the royalty but I do wish them good health as I would hope for all of us.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

Britain’s King Charles Diagnosed with Cancer at the Age of 75
By Goongnang Suksawat

image.jpeg

PRESS RELEASE:

Britain’s King Charles, who became monarch in September 2022, has been diagnosed with cancer at the age of 75. Buckingham Palace announced on Monday (Feb 5) that he will temporarily step back from public duties to undergo treatment. Despite initial concerns about his potential impact as a monarch, Charles had quietly adapted to his role, maintaining a busy schedule.

King Charles, known for his dedication and hard work, has always maintained a rigorous daily exercise routine and avoided lunch. Supporters and critics alike have acknowledged his commitment. Details of royal health are usually private, and there was no indication of his cancer diagnosis when he appeared in public on Sunday, attending church with Queen Camilla.

Prince Harry, who has had public disagreements with the royal family, is returning to Britain to be with his father during his illness.

As messages of support pour in from world leaders, ordinary Britons express their concern and well-wishes for the king. Charles’ illness has stirred emotions, particularly among those who grew up during Queen Elizabeth’s reign, with many fondly remembering her.

The preceding is a press release from the Thai Government PR Department.

22 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

At age 75 would you start chemo? An honest question.

Jimmy Carter was diagnosed and treated for brain cancer nine years ago. He announced he was going into hospice care a year ago. And he's still living. Don't know what Charles' cancer is, but getting an extra decade of life seems worth it to me.

• Like 1

Yes, I know this and cold hard cash will get me a cups coffee but I wish my 13th Cousin well. Both as a person and one sharing some DNA from a distant forbear.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, EVENKEEL said:

At age 75 would you start chemo? An honest question.

I would start chemotherapy if that was what was needed, and I'm 76, however as @LosLobo has said, there are many options for treating cancer, depending upon the type and location of it.

My brother-in-law in Melbourne has just been through a course of chemo for a tumour in his stomach and seems to be handling it very well at the moment, and he is in his mid-80s.

I wish him and King Charles III all the best.

• Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

No. I suspect Harry needs some material for whatever traitorous "tell all" Netflix series he has planned with his privacy seeking, Instagram loving wife.

If I was Charles I'd be getting security to frisk him thoroughly for recording devices before meeting him. He can't get his wife to carry it this time as she likely did at the funeral of the Queen.

image.png.d4279c94b989da2def905669a6f936bc.png

Charles really doesn't need Ginge and Cringe causing the family any more stress. I wonder if they will finally allow him to see his Grandchildren given that he may be incredibly ill, or will they continue to weaponize Merchie and LiliBucks as a tool of manipulation to get what they want from the King?

Thank god William was born first. We've really been 'spared' from the gruesome twosome of California.

Conspiracy theories, heresay and assumptions.

Had Harry been born first, his paternal heritage not been questioned by mass media and the same mass media not hounded him about most aspects of his private life, including hacking his phone, I doubt what has happened since between him, the royal family and the media would have happened at all.

• Agree 1

26 minutes ago, JonnyF said:

If I was Charles I'd be getting security to frisk him thoroughly for recording devices before meeting him. He can't get his wife to carry it this time as she likely did at the funeral of the Queen.

If you look closely you can clearly see a 'Made in China' imprint on her dress where the recording device is 😂😂

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

No. I suspect Harry needs some material for whatever traitorous "tell all" Netflix series he has planned with his privacy seeking, Instagram loving wife.

Charles really doesn't need Ginge and Cringe causing the family any more stress. I wonder if they will finally allow him to see his Grandchildren given that he may be incredibly ill, or will they continue to weaponize Merchie and LiliBucks as a tool of manipulation to get what they want from the King?

Thank god William was born first. We've really been 'spared' from the gruesome twosome of California.

Hopefully she stays in the states and doesn’t bother the king

shes been enough of an embarrassment to my country already. No wonder the British dont like her we Americans dont neither

best wishes to the king. I hope megan leaves him well alone. He don’t need that toxicity around him

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, EastBayRay said:

Hopefully she stays in the states and doesn’t bother the king

shes been enough of an embarrassment to my country already. No wonder the British dont like her we Americans dont neither

best wishes to the king. I hope megan leaves him well alone. He don’t need that toxicity around him 

The British don't like her? Don't let the pathetic whining of a traitorous failed chat show host who she once had the good sense to spurn, and for which he has never forgiven her, fool you into thinking she is somehow thought of as her step mother in law was back in the day when her adultery became common knowledge.

2 hours ago, JonnyF said:

Questioning his heritage was a result of his mother's well documented multiple affairs. 

Blaming the media for his behaviour is ridiculous. His vitriolic nature was protected from the media by the family until he met the American divorcee who not content with alienating her own sick father encouraged the dim witted Prince to do the same with his. The media didn't make him dress like a Nazi or call his Asian friend "My P**i friend". Unfortunately he met a wrong 'un but didn't have the intelligence to see it. Folie a Deux if ever I saw it. 

Hopefully King Charles will find the strength to forgive him. He's a very kind soul. Maybe too kind. I can only hope they stop using their children to manipulate him now that he is possibly dying. 

Regardless of who did what, his heritage was publicly questioned, his choice of wife was publicly questioned. His choice of wife and colour of their children was, unconfirmed, discussed by members if his family.

He chose to fight back and give them a them a two fingered salute. Just as any other child, brother, grandson....would do.

With regards to fancy dress at a student gathering...well..

Edited by youreavinalaff
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1