You tube is so messed up now, before you could download a favorite song but not anymore

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Download a favorite song, you say?

What is your favorite song, anyway?

I can download anything I like, and when I like.

Use a DOWNLOADER app, why not?

well maybe with a third party app ( but just saying the download icon is greyed out now )   so you cannot just click download as you could before.

• Confused 1

Check out FreeTube.  They claim that Google won't get any of your data if you use their viewer.  Plus, super simple to download compete video or video only or audio only.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, steven100 said:

well maybe with a third party app ( but just saying the download icon is greyed out now )   so you cannot just click download as you could before.

Does this bother you?

It does not bother me, in the least....

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, steven100 said:

I use the share link to convert to MP3 for my phone

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, steven100 said:

So what's wrong with using a third party app? Try By Click Downloader which is free, and for a massive $10 lifetime payment you get extra controls like choosing the download quality (720, 1080) etc. You can just right-click the video on the YouTube 'index' or open it and paste the url.

• Thanks 1

I don't understand all those people who pay to Youtube to see and hear songs without ads.
I can see and hear everything without even an ad, also I can choose from all versions, not there is grey, am I doing something wrong?
Or are you talking about watching YT on the mobile phone, again I don't….

• Like 1

15 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Check out FreeTube.  They claim that Google won't get any of your data if you use their viewer.  Plus, super simple to download compete video or video only or audio only.

I took a quick look. To me a downside might be that by not tracking what you watch you wouldn't get suggestions of similar content you might be interested in.

My present gripe about YouTube videos is that the presenters of a topic such as "Avoid These Foods for a Healthy Liver" take up the first 12-15 minutes with self promotion.  They go through a spiel about their personal history and accomplishments and then another spiel about their guests back story, accomplishments and books published.   They don't get to the su==+--[

• Agree 1

14 minutes ago, DogNo1 said:

My present gripe about YouTube videos....

This YouTube guy is one of my favorites... I think he has a high ratio of information to fluff.

https://www.youtube.com/@NutritionMadeSimple

He only covers and explains in lay terms the research results on diet and nutrition.  He dissects the research results and explains the strengths and weaknesses in the studies.

19 hours ago, steven100 said:

You Tube has changed now ....

you cannot select the good version of the video / song you liked from years ago because it only brings up the one's you tube likes ....

the website is all different and not recognizable when you search for a song ....

you cannot download a song to your desktop to play it later anymore ...

sometimes auto play doesn't show so you cannot turn it off .....  

Everything as usual is about paying, premium,

everyone wants a piece of the pie when years ago it was free. 

The You tube website is so user unfriendly now ..  ...   it's hard to navigate, you cannot find an old download you liked before ...

Even without paying for Youtube premium you can still download videos, but not in HQ, only standard quality and IF the copyright owner allows it.

So it is not Youtube but the artist you should be whinging about. I mean, why wouldn't somebody allow you to use his IP for free ?

image.jpeg.0b6239d7f778eaa9a85b628bb1d3af27.jpegimage.jpeg.bb80b741aac69a915fff7924b6ae61f3.jpeg

Yes they mess up everything

Not only google. Once was said windows would check your chip setting and if you didnt have the right one (guess suppliers need to pay, eventually you) it wouldnt work or half. Maybe windows, google and others  can also be set with limits depending where you are or pay. Controlling functions/programs to work or not or revealing search sites. 

Have an old printer and due to windows updates not working anymore.  Cant find drivers to make it work, not even at printer site (Epson). They force me to throw it away and buy a new one.

Same with phones, at one point you must buy a new one, as android cant update anymore and they mess up your phone.

Apple phones have a charger with controlling chip. No other charger will work.

Noticed an increasing "half work"since 2012.

The guys who invented and sold youtube got 3 billion $, cant blame them. People made youtube and now have to pay for their own work.

Just pay up or "die" .

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Even without paying for Youtube premium you can still download videos, but not in HQ, only standard quality and IF the copyright owner allows it.

The example in your post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umkixNb1Q1k

(It's Five O'Clock Somewhere)

It's a music video with still picture so not a good example to practice.

But with WinX Youtube Downloader the download takes about a second in an "m4a" format.

(36 other formats available)

HD formats (1080p) are available but do not make much sense here.

If the format is not convenient there are tons of converters (to mp3 etc).

image.png.dad1e094745aef8c1820630c3aea32c6.png

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Another example.

A best of country songs (100 songs, 2:35 hours) with HD video scenes.

Can be downloaded in 1080p, 2.25 GB.

Takes me like 2 minutes or so.

Biggest audio only download is 144 MB. Piece of cake.

ytdownload.jpg

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, steven100 said:

You Tube has changed now ....

you cannot select the good version of the video / song you liked from years ago because it only brings up the one's you tube likes ....

the website is all different and not recognizable when you search for a song ....

you cannot download a song to your desktop to play it later anymore ...

sometimes auto play doesn't show so you cannot turn it off .....  

Everything as usual is about paying, premium,

everyone wants a piece of the pie when years ago it was free. 

The You tube website is so user unfriendly now ..  ...   it's hard to navigate, you cannot find an old download you liked before ...

You are not making the most out of Youtube because you don't understand how it works.

Ideally, you want to build up a library of thousands of songs.

And why would you want to download them? You need to buy hard drives and the hard drives risk getting corrupted. So you would need to make backups of backups over time.

Way too much hassle.

Youtube is the biggest free hard drive on the planet. Let them pay for storage. 

Youtube allows you to save songs in Playlists.

So once it's saved, you go into your Playlist and play your songs that you've saved.

If there are multiple versions of the same song, you can save all of them in your playlist.

And the best part is once your playlist is set up, you can access your music collection from any device anywhere in the world. 

• Thanks 2

On 2/8/2024 at 10:02 PM, steven100 said:

You're how old and you still don't know about copyright? 🤦

• Sad 1

On 2/8/2024 at 10:02 PM, steven100 said:

I've just downloaded a concert on my laptop by clicking "Download" that appears after clicking the three dots.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:59 PM, GammaGlobulin said:

Download a favorite song, you say?

What is your favorite song, anyway?

I can download anything I like, and when I like.

Use a DOWNLOADER app, why not?

That's why God gave us whistling.

If you're unhappy whistling your favourite tunes. maybe God's earth is not for you any more.
Life is full of hardships, real and imagined, and if Youtube issues rank high in either category, there is only one place to go

• Confused 1

Forget all the 3rd party applications or paying to youTube (= META).

If you have a Tablet, PC or Notebook simply go to the link on top and delete "Ube".
The result should be "Yout.com/xxxxxxxxxxx" and brings up a meny to download the file in different formats.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1