Forum upgrade in progress! ×

You tube is so messed up now, before you could download a favorite song but not anymore

11 hours ago, DogNo1 said:

My present gripe about YouTube videos is that the presenters of a topic such as "Avoid These Foods for a Healthy Liver" take up the first 12-15 minutes with self promotion.  They go through a spiel about their personal history and accomplishments and then another spiel about their guests back story, accomplishments and books published.   They don't get to the su==+--[

That is nothing to do with YouTube. That is soley due to the channels you wish to view or subscribe to. Choose more wisely...

3 hours ago, Surasak said:

Try 'Clip Grab'. Downloads video and music so you can store it wherever and listen at leisure.

+1

I use ClipGrab to download and save films from YouTube. Works very well.

7 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

I've just downloaded a concert on my laptop by clicking "Download" that appears after clicking the three dots.

Yes ...  i see now ..

I have the download option after log-in to You Tube ....

So I logged in now,  and click on YOU >    on the left and I have several headings :

HISTORY

WATCH LATER

MIXED MUSIC

LIKED VIDEOS

so my mixed music is all there .....   then I can click on the ... 3 dots and the download appears as well as others :

image.png.be2341f07cb5cfcf00a35afaf535a63c.png

On 2/8/2024 at 9:53 PM, sidjameson said:

But you've alluded to having wealth. So what are you saying? It was ok for you 

to make enough money to never have to worry about working again or finances but YouTube shareholders shouldn't?

Adverts???? Capitalism strkes again.

On 2/8/2024 at 10:50 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

I pay for Premium 159B per month. Now I have no ads and, as far as I know, I can download everything.

My coffee per day cost more than that for a month. I think it's fair to call it cheap.

Good point, that's ok for now, but if it get's really successful the greed will start. I think you know what I mean.

19 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So what's wrong with using a third party app? Try By Click Downloader which is free, and for a massive $10 lifetime payment you get extra controls like choosing the download quality (720, 1080) etc. You can just right-click the video on the YouTube 'index' or open it and paste the url.

Do you mean for movies? When I download a music video the sound is always very good.

14 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Yes they mess up everything

Not only google. Once was said windows would check your chip setting and if you didnt have the right one (guess suppliers need to pay, eventually you) it wouldnt work or half. Maybe windows, google and others  can also be set with limits depending where you are or pay. Controlling functions/programs to work or not or revealing search sites. 

Have an old printer and due to windows updates not working anymore.  Cant find drivers to make it work, not even at printer site (Epson). They force me to throw it away and buy a new one.

Same with phones, at one point you must buy a new one, as android cant update anymore and they mess up your phone.

Apple phones have a charger with controlling chip. No other charger will work.

Noticed an increasing "half work"since 2012.

The guys who invented and sold youtube got 3 billion $, cant blame them. People made youtube and now have to pay for their own work.

Just pay up or "die" .

or get smart and get Linux.

On 2/9/2024 at 3:56 AM, HappyExpat57 said:

I then switch over to the Brave browser which has a built-in adblocker Youtube does not detect.

Brave browser eliminated ads on almost ALL sites.

36 minutes ago, NoshowJones said:
20 hours ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So what's wrong with using a third party app? Try By Click Downloader which is free, and for a massive $10 lifetime payment you get extra controls like choosing the download quality (720, 1080) etc. You can just right-click the video on the YouTube 'index' or open it and paste the url.

Do you mean for movies? When I download a music video the sound is always very good.

If I tried to find movies on YouTube I'd be very disappointed. By quality I mean picture quality. The terms 720,108o do not apply to sound, they apply to picture quality.

14 hours ago, save the frogs said:

And the best part is once your playlist is set up, you can access your music collection from any device anywhere in the world

Except on that 14 hour flight across the pond.  Which is why I download a wad of videos and audio.

Oh, and places like where I am right now...  YouTube's blocked.  One more reason...  And hard drives are cheap.

1 minute ago, impulse said:

Except on that 14 hour flight across the pond.  Which is why I download a wad of videos and audio.

Oh, and places like where I am right now...  YouTube's blocked.  One more reason...  And hard drives are cheap.

Oh yeah, if you live in the boonies without Internet .... 

But otherwise, the long haul flight is the only place you need downloaded music .... but I woke up one morning and said screw that.

Way too much hassle for sth you only use once in a while. 

Playlists online can be used 99 per cent of the time, unless you live in the boonies. Well then, yeah go for it. 

23 minutes ago, save the frogs said:

Oh yeah, if you live in the boonies without Internet .... 

But otherwise, the long haul flight is the only place you need downloaded music .... but I woke up one morning and said screw that.

Way too much hassle for sth you only use once in a while. 

Playlists online can be used 99 per cent of the time, unless you live in the boonies. Well then, yeah go for it. 

I have an excellent high speed internet connection.  YouTube's blocked.  By law here.  And my travels include 2x a month at about 12-20 hours each, depending on flight connections.  I have to use 3 different SIM chips, depending on where I am at the moment.  Even then, sometimes there's no interweb, when I'm bored stiff in an airport or on a plane and most in need of distraction.

As I've remarked on a couple of threads, life is simpler if you sleep in the same bed every night.  But not all of us do.

So when I get to Thailand, I download like a fiend.  Because I don't want to waste that time sitting in my hotel room watching videos I can watch later when I've got nothing better to do.

Edited by impulse

2 minutes ago, impulse said:

I have an excellent high speed internet connection.  YouTube's blocked.  By law here.  And my travels include 2x a month at about 12-20 hours each, depending on flight connections.  I have to use 3 different SIM chips, depending on where I am at the moment.  Even then, sometimes there's no interweb, when I'm bored stiff in an airport or on a plane and most in need of distraction.

As I've remarked on a couple of threads, life is simpler if you sleep in the same bed every night.  But not all of us do.

yeah, if you have a lifestyle like that, then yes it's a good idea to download. 

On 2/9/2024 at 7:18 PM, save the frogs said:

Ideally, you want to build up a library of thousands of songs.

And why would you want to download them?

Because sometimes, for whatever reason, content gets removed.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/10/2024 at 1:13 AM, Confuscious said:  Forget all the 3rd party applications or paying to youTube (= META).  If you have a Tablet, PC or Notebook simply go to the link on top and delete "Ube". The result should be "Yout.com/xxxxxxxxxxx" and brings up a meny to download the file in different formats.         ≈==///=/==========  (this is here because the AN editor no longer separates post from reply for some reason.)

Amazing! It really works. Thanks for the tip.  A gift from EFF.    I also used "4K Video Downloader" for several years and works on nearly all video stuff.         

• 2 weeks later...

You can use apps from revanced net site to have free Premium YouTube (revanced YouTube app+revanced Micro G app combination, can also be installed with the help of revanced Manager). Almost all features of your YouTube account including history...

You can download any YouTube video with NewPipe app (it's free open source app and published outside of Play Market). Though no your YouTube account watch history in this app.

• 1 month later...

So when I get to Thailand, I download like a fiend.  Because I don't want to waste that time sitting in my hotel room watching videos I can watch later when I've got nothing better to do.

I've got a game-changing discovery to share with you all! It's all about website, a one-stop-shop for promoting your music on Spotify. What sets this platform Spotify promotion apart is its ability to offer customized promotion packages tailored to your specific needs. Want more subscribers? Done. Need to boost your play count? They've got you covered. With their help, you can elevate your Spotify presence and get your music in front of the right audience. It's time to level up your music career and make waves in the industry!

I know what you mean. I've been in the same situation myself.

On 2/8/2024 at 9:42 PM, steven100 said:

you cannot download a song to your desktop to play it later anymore

Yes you can. Not only that , you can have it without the video. 

Once converted to MP3 you can have it on a stick to play in your car through a USB port.