Have you ever smoked or ingested marijuana?

3 hours ago, Felton Jarvis said:

I have smoked weed many times in the United States. The weed I have tried here in Thailand is too strong. Three tokes and my brain quits working. To some, that may not be a bad thing but I like to hang on to a bit of reality even while smoking weed.  Why the Hell is the cannabis here like a sledgehammer???

Your comments are interesting. So many people on this forum complain of the weed not being strong enough in Thailand. I fully agree with you though. Everything I've had is excellent quality and very strong, but that's good because you don't need to consume much.

But it is also dose dependent. So best to start with one good hit. Then give it 15 minutes to take effect and see if you need more or not. Eventually your tolerance will increase too. So if you use it regularly then after a month or two you will find you can handle a bit more. 

2 hours ago, Hokeus said:

Your comments are interesting. So many people on this forum complain of the weed not being strong enough in Thailand. I fully agree with you though. Everything I've had is excellent quality and very strong, but that's good because you don't need to consume much.

But it is also dose dependent. So best to start with one good hit. Then give it 15 minutes to take effect and see if you need more or not. Eventually your tolerance will increase too. So if you use it regularly then after a month or two you will find you can handle a bit more. 

I should have mentioned that I am also 73 years old and have not smoked continuously since I was in my twenties and thirties.  There are lots of things that old men can no longer tolerate. Weed may be among them.

On 2/11/2024 at 3:52 PM, NextG said:

I’ve noticed your penchant for calling people strange, if they do anything differently from the way you do it…

You know that there is a wide SPECTRUM of behaviours that can be considered normal, don’t you? It’s the rigid who are stuck somewhere on the spectrum. Relax, live and let live. I can guarantee that if we met, I could pinpoint many ways in which you are ‘strange’. 

Dont need to meet, just read his posts and come to that conclusion..

Yes.

People though have a right to condemn pretty much anything, if they care about be hypocritical, being an idiot or the likes its worth doing some actual research and having an informed voice on the topic even if they have not partaken.

The challenge with marijuana is that there appears to have been a lot of political motivations for false propaganda that has been actively indoctrinated into society over many many decades, often using fallacies and sometimes straight forward lies to create fear.

There needs to be more education on the topic particularly amongst those with voices that influence in addition to potential users.

There are arguments both for an against that use comparisons, sugar and caffeine being more harmful to society for example that does hold a certain amount of water and more basic ones like alcohol comparisons which are pretty much no brainers when talking about harm and value. Then there are pharmacy drug comparisons. All of these have large lobbies and influence so its in their best interest to put likely less harmful idea down.

A lot of the arguments need balanced educated discussion, yes there will be certain risks to some groups of people and maybe even to so called society norms in some ways but lets have educated, balanced and consistent discussions without the politics.

A balance of freedom of choice and potential harm to others, right now a lot of the thinking just does not make sense.

Might need broken down to find some common ground.

Like the idea that everyone can grow their own medicine given the cost of manufactured alternatives on its own seems like a good idea for all of society, yes it could be abuse but at a fundamental level it seems like a worthy cause, affordable medicine for everyone.

• Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

On 2/11/2024 at 3:40 AM, Trippy said:

In this era of social media, haters gonna hate. All we can do is ignore them.

Really don’t understand the thing with labeling someone/people as “hater(s)” makes no sense to me, I mean doesn’t everybody have something they hate about others behavior is hate not part of the vast spectrum of human feelings just as is love, Are we not free to love or hate who we want for whatever reason we choose??

From my experience of University in the 70's, most had at least tried it. And most gave up within a few years. Didn't realise there were so many 'nevers' on this forum! Haven't partaken for about 40 odd years, as usually made me feel slightly sick, and i stopped smoking cigarettes nearly 50 years ago.

• Thumbs Up 1

20 minutes ago, rickudon said:

From my experience of University in the 70's, most had at least tried it. And most gave up within a few years. Didn't realise there were so many 'nevers' on this forum! Haven't partaken for about 40 odd years, as usually made me feel slightly sick, and i stopped smoking cigarettes nearly 50 years ago.

I also used it a bit in the eighties and then also stopped it completely for around the same amount of time as you. I recently started it again, but my usage is very light and I feel it’s a useful aid for relaxing at night. I often get a slightly elevated heartbeat for the first 20 minutes, but that’s about it. As opposed to most people who dose all at once, I’ve found micro dosing to be more pleasurable. Start with a little bit and then top it up after an hour or two and eventually fade off to sleep. It’s really a dose dependent thing for me and if you overdo your limit then I can see feeling a bit sick and not enjoying it so much. If you get it dialed in though then I think it can be a really nice addition to one’s lifestyle. 

• Agree 1