Bill Maher viciously roasts expats and expat destinations

18 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Think, again....

Mon Chéri....because, in the USA, I could NOT be happy anywhere other than....

Gladwyne, or...maybe....

Darien, Connecticut.

CT_-_Darien_-_15.png

im-526916

Nah, spent 35 years in Delaware Valley, that was enough.  Not a bad choice though, and one of the better areas in the states I've been at.

19 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

remember he said he is not a big traveller. He said something to the effect that he could not see himself on a dusty bus full of people and

All he does is smoke dope, get drunk and slag off Trump. Got no talent, never been married, never been anywhere. He must know important people to have lasted with no talent. Milli vanilla of tv.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I remember he said he is not a big traveller. He said something to the effect that he could not see himself on a dusty bus full of people and chickens in Africa or something.

You mean...

He is not another Jib Rogers, I guess.

image.png.c1933984c506fab67a85775786ed4b3e.png

image.png.6c1349dee3fee74d6d35a87f01ed0331.png

Actually, Jim Rogers took the motorcycle journey in China, many years ago, that I would have died for....

Actually, no joke, I think...

At the time he did his travels through China, China was just opening up.

How he every got the OK to travel around China, by bike, at that time, is something which still puzzles me....

Maher, by comparison....is....an...

Udder nitwit.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

You mean...

He is not another Jib Rogers, I guess.

image.png.c1933984c506fab67a85775786ed4b3e.png

image.png.6c1349dee3fee74d6d35a87f01ed0331.png

Actually, Jim Rogers took the motorcycle journey in China, many years ago, that I would have died for....

Actually, no joke, I think...

At the time he did his travels through China, China was just opening up.

How he every got the OK to travel around China, by bike, at that time, is something which still puzzles me....

That wasn't my post.

1 hour ago, Jingthing said:

I'm a fan of his show and also like his casual sessions on Club Random with guests on youtube. No need to agree with everything he says or thinks to find value in his shows.

Interestingly he just did a Club Random with Kanye and I think for the first time didnt release because Kanye was spouting so much Jew hatred. I wonder why book him if he expected anything else but I guess he wanted to give him a chance.

Cheers

A classic one:

Unfortunately Bill has not been relevant, or even relevant adjacent for decades. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Definitely not.

I don’t speak wasp.

I was good enough to slum around on campus but not to invite home.

I don't know about butlers.

If you don't know something....

Or, if you do not know how to "fit in", ...then...

Just...

Ask Jeeves!

image.png.5011597dfb621ce4791617b035bef339.png

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I remember he said he is not a big traveller. He said something to the effect that he could not see himself on a dusty bus full of people and chickens in Africa or something. Nor did he want to do action stuff like skiing. Could relate to that a bit. 

Not sure why you are being so harsh. He does some good clever stuff on politics and is good at taking Trump to task - he picked that he wouldn't accept losing long before the election - to the point that Trump mentions him sometimes as a loser comedian or something which has to be a compliment. Yes I mentioned Trump. 

Being harsh because of your first paragraph. If he dors not want to get out of his bubble and experience what this great big world has to offer, I have no time for him. 

• Agree 1

The truth is, expats, travelers, always complain about the country they’ve chosen to live, and most forget about the advantages and good points of their own birth country. From scam artists, builders, governments, expensive health care, taxis , even the costs at a gogo, there they go again, complaining! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I guess this should really be about expats and expatriation rather than the messenger Bill Maher.

The bit about Amsterdam was quite funny. I love to visit there but never ever thought that I wanted to live there. 

Curiously, Amsterdam is the only city in the world where I've had a knife pulled on me.

5 minutes ago, Baht Simpson said:

Curiously, Amsterdam is the only city in the world where I've had a knife pulled on me.

That's interesting. The only city I've been mugged in was Rio (in broad daylight) but that was predictable. I did get pursued by a pedo when I was traveling solo in Amsterdam at age 15 but that too was predictable! I guess I would have needed to be exceptionally ugly not to be. 

Why is daylight broad? You never hear broad nighttime. 

Edited by Jingthing

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Sorry...

I have not yet replaced my keyboard....

Give me time, please, JT>

Thank you!

so, you are a FAN of bill maher? I thought you were FANatic of fans...:tongue: FANtastic news

used to watch politically incorrect eons ago when i had the time, or when i would visit my folks. i couldnt afford cable then in the 1990's.

despite the fact that many dont seem to like maher, i watch his show every week and i enjoy it for the most part. i dont need a cheering or laughing audience to dictate to me what i find funny or not. maher is cynical about america and americans and that is one of the reasons i watch. he pops jokes at trump and biden alike even if he is as liberal democrat. not all his jokes are funny but overall, i find him entertaining.

to each his own

i watched yesterday's show today and it was pretty good overall...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, uttradit said:

Does it matter? Who cares what Bill Maher says? Short weirdo who has never married. I'm surprised he has a career. Wouldn't make it elsewhere.

What does short have to with anything?  I'm not short but not how I  would rate people.  He is funny IMO but to each his own.  It's comedy and have fun with it and by all means don't take it personally 🙂

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Agree 1

Trump ruined political comedy by being an actual menace. It's no fun to laugh at him anymore. 

And for acts like Maher or Rogan who are trying to play the common sense contrarian centralist, it comes off as "on both sides, on both sides" blather. 

Joe Biden is, as advertised, a Weekend at Bernie's coma-victim. But he had one job, beat Trump, and he did it. Not sure he can do it again. Anything anti-Joe is anti-me.

Parsing low hanging fruit democrat foibles to appear balanced in the face of the new Republican bullying anarchy is true Titanic deck chair rearranging. Which side are you on?

Maher and I are no longer on the same side and him being much less funny has killed my fandom for good. 

10 hours ago, uttradit said:

Bill jokes about prostitutes. How ironic. Never married 55

Never married

Probably makes him right on something. Marriage in western countries is no longer a good option for males. Probably don't get sex after the first year and still get most of one's wealth stolen by the courts when the divorce happens.

People may not agree with prostitution, but how many prostitutes are suing rich men 20 years later because he was a bit naughty with them?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Trump ruined political comedy by being an actual menace. It's no fun to laugh at him anymore. 

Perhaps, but I'll be laughing like a drain looking at U Tube clips of the snowflakes melting down after he wins. I so much enjoyed that the first time around.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, uttradit said:

Does it matter? Who cares what Bill Maher says? Short weirdo who has never married. I'm surprised he has a career. Wouldn't make it elsewhere.

short people i can put up with .   I just hate anyone who is bald, fat,  or has different color eyes than myself .

So, probably i would hate you 

• Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, atpeace said:

What does short have to with anything?  I'm not short but not how I  would rate people.  He is funny IMO but to each his own.  It's comedy and have fun with it and by all means don't take it personally 🙂

very good question !