Bill Maher viciously roasts expats and expat destinations

Little of what he says is funny. I was never a big fan of Maher but I gave him credit for being funnier than this. I also don't find John Cleese very funny any more. Comedians are overrated. They'll die out with television.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

It's ironic that Bill Maher's showrunners have to hire and pay people in the audience to laugh LOUD at every single joke. His writers are hit and miss, you can tell he's had the same one's for decades. 

Real Time was a good show for the first ten years or so but now it's very lazy..and stale. 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1

I didn't think this bit was one of his better bits - the usual America is better and freer than you think bit. Boring other interview  about racism in 2023 etc . The discussion of Joe Biden on the panel and the intro jokes was good. I could wax lyrical about why I think Bill has gone a bit downhill in the last 12 months but I'll leave it there. 

• Agree 1

I guess this should really be about expats and expatriation rather than the messenger Bill Maher.

The bit about Amsterdam was quite funny. I love to visit there but never ever thought that I wanted to live there. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I'm a fan of his show and also like his casual sessions on Club Random with guests on youtube. No need to agree with everything he says or thinks to find value in his shows.

Interestingly he just did a Club Random with Kanye and I think for the first time didnt release because Kanye was spouting so much Jew hatred. I wonder why book him if he expected anything else but I guess he wanted to give him a chance.

Cheers

A classic one:

I am always happy when I know you are also happy, JT...!

• Like 2

Just now, KhunLA said:

I guess if we were all multi millionaires, we could tolerate living in the USA.  Still wouldn't be my choice though, maybe the Keys, non-hurricane season.

USA ... #1 worldwide in military spending, and people incarcerated :coffee1:

If I was rich like that I would probably become a client of Nomad Capitalist.  

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

59 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Yes, it's meant to be humor so I guess take it as such.

Not a single reference to Thailand, I wonder why that might be?

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

I guess if we were all multi millionaires, we could tolerate living in the USA. 

Think, again....

Mon Chéri....because, in the USA, I could NOT be happy anywhere other than....

Gladwyne, or...maybe....

Darien, Connecticut.

CT_-_Darien_-_15.png

im-526916

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Think, again....

Mon Chéri....because, in the USA, I could NOT be happy anywhere other than....

Gladwyne, or...maybe....

Darien, Connecticut.

CT_-_Darien_-_15.png

im-526916

I had a college friend from Darien. Funny he never invited me there Saltburn style.

1 minute ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I remember he said he is not a big traveller. He said something to the effect that he could not see himself on a dusty bus full of people and chickens in Africa or something. Nor did he want to do action stuff like skiing. Could relate to that a bit. 

Not sure why you are being so harsh. He does some good clever stuff on politics and is good at taking Trump to task - he picked that he wouldn't accept losing long before the election - to the point that Trump mentions him sometimes as a loser comedian or something which has to be a compliment. Yes I mentioned Trump. 

He is awful. Was asked about the guy from California. Claimed he would make a great president. His only reason was he made it rain. The guy is a c grade version of Letterman. Audience gets told to laugh. How sad is that.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Maher is a pseudo-intellectual, who is extremely intelligent...in his own mind.

In actuality, he is just a bombastic nitwit of the 4th kind.

Hate this guy.

His opinions are soaked up, verbatim, without any filtering, by his tribe....

They will all go to their graves with supercilious smiles that even the most skilled undertaker will be unable to remove from their sour pusses.

come on tell us what you really think. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Fat is a type of crazy said:

I remember he said he is not a big traveller. He said something to the effect that he could not see himself on a dusty bus full of people and chickens in Africa or something. Nor did he want to do action stuff like skiing. Could relate to that a bit. 

Not sure why you are being so harsh. He does some good clever stuff on politics and is good at taking Trump to task - he picked that he wouldn't accept losing long before the election - to the point that Trump mentions him sometimes as a loser comedian or something which has to be a compliment. Yes I mentioned Trump. 

A magadonian acting out.

Best ignore.

Yeah Maher isn't into International travel.

4 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Were you dressed properly?

Definitely not.

I don’t speak wasp.

I was good enough to slum around on campus but not to invite home.

I don't know about butlers.

Edited by Jingthing

33 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

If I was rich like that I would probably become a client of Nomad Capitalist.  

Same here, with base in Keys maybe, then play nomadic traveler, USA & worldwide.

Edited by KhunLA