Anyone tried electronic extension for tourist visa?

8 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Forget it.

Yet to be reported in positive sense.

Also you would still need to attend immigration.

White Elephant springs to mind. 

Showing up at immigration for 15 minutes just to get a pre-approved stamp would be okay. It's better than spending there half a day

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, JoseThailand said:

Showing up at immigration for 15 minutes just to get a pre-approved stamp would be okay. It's better than spending there half a day

Sounds like lovely experience.

Can you point me to a report of the "15 minute experience" 

Some immigration offices have appointments available for 30 day extension.

I did 2 of these in December, one for me and one for my GF.  Both applications were approved within 3 or 4 days.  VFS asked for additional documents in both cases which I emailed to them.  At the appointment there were still some minor issues with copies not being exactly as they would like, but the IO staff did the amended copies themselves, no need to go off looking for a copy shop.

As for the appointments mine took a little over 40 minutes largely due to some chaotic/random issuing of queue numbers, the GF was in and out in 15 minutes.  I was more than happy with the whole process and the extra THB500 is worth paying for the hassle free appointment and speed.

• Love It 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Upnotover said:

I was more than happy with the whole process and the extra THB500 is worth paying for the hassle free appointment and speed.

I don't follow.

30 day extension is very simple process if you have appointment at your immigration office. 

Basic requirements and just attend you immigration office.

Simple process. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

I don't follow.

30 day extension is very simple process if you have appointment at your immigration office. 

Basic requirements and just attend you immigration office.

Simple process. 

It's simple but you have to wait a lot. In Pattaya there is no online appointment and the lines are huge. It takes several hours in total. Or you need to come before the opening time to secure a spot at the start of the line. Very frustrating.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, JoseThailand said:

In Pattaya there is no online appointment and the lines are huge. It takes several hours in total. Or you need to come before the opening time to secure a spot at the start of the line. Very frustrating.

In Pattaya there is online booking.

12 hours ago, JoseThailand said:

What additional documents did they ask for? Just curious

For me my entry stamp photo only showed one passport page, they wanted to see 2 pages (despite it not being relevant).  For her they wanted TM30 (which incidentally they never asked from me).