Re entry permit on Tourist Visa Experiences with Immigration

I am thinking of getting a TR Visa in Penang,

Spend 1 week in Thailand ....then travelling home to UK for 2-3 weeks with re entry ,

When I come back i'd still have 3-4 weeks left of valid TR remaining 

Has anyone done this and what was your experience with Immigration on the way back

The reason I'm doing this , is its easier and quicker to get TR visa in penang than UK

• Confused 1

Why would you do this? If from UK you can enter for 30 days visa exempt for both trips so no need to apply for a visa and re-entry permit.

Also as Tourist visa is 60 days, leaving after 1 week for 3 weeks in UK leaves only 32 days on re-entry, pretty much the same as the 30 day visa exempt (which you can extend for another 30 days)

Edited by Pattaya57
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Why would you do this? If from UK you can enter for 30 days visa exempt for both trips so no need to apply for a visa and re-entry permit

It would be far more simple to do as you outlined.

OP, in his other thread mentions extensive stays in Thailand and think recently coming off an ED visa.

Most likely wants to avoid visa exempt entry.

Especially via air. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

It would be far more simple to do as you outlined.

OP, in his other thread mentions extensive stays in Thailand and think recently coming off an ED visa.

Most likely wants to avoid visa exempt entry.

Especially via air. 

Ok so why not post this question in his other thread where I assume all his travel history is stated. 

Posted alone without context OP would be stupid to apply and pay for a tourist and re-enry permit when free visa exempt entries give the same time in Thailand.

• Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Pattaya57 said:

Ok so why not post this question in his other thread where I assume all his travel history is stated. 

Posted alone without context OP would be stupid to apply and pay for a tourist and re-enry permit when free visa exempt entries give the same time in Thailand.

Always best to provide as many details as possible if you want the best information based on the experience of others on this forum.