Democrats have a Kamala Harris problem

Social Media

image.png

The Democratic Party is facing a growing dilemma concerning Vice President Kamala Harris, with an increasing number of Democrats expressing reservations about her inclusion on the 2024 ticket alongside President Joe Biden. While this sentiment may evoke denials from party officials, the reality is that doubts about Harris's political viability have been circulating within Democratic circles for some time.

Recent concerns have been exacerbated by perceived "word salad" responses from Harris on critical issues and renewed scrutiny over President Biden's cognitive state. These factors have sparked apprehension among Democrats that neither Biden nor Harris may be equipped to handle the demands of the presidency effectively.

Despite these worries being more frequently voiced about Biden, Harris has not been immune to criticism, especially within powerful Democratic circles. However, there is a reluctance to openly discuss replacing her on the ticket due to her historic significance as the first woman and person of color to hold the vice presidency. Many fear that such a move could alienate minority and female voters, undermining the party's support base.

While Harris's historical milestone is commendable, it also presents a political conundrum for Democrats. The weight of American history surrounding her tenure makes any attempt to remove her from the ticket a delicate and potentially divisive endeavor.

Given these complexities, the Democratic Party finds itself in a challenging position. The option of persuading Harris to step aside in the best interests of the party and the nation may be explored behind the scenes, but it remains a contentious and uncertain proposition.

One speculative scenario involves Biden and Harris both resigning before the election, allowing for the appointment of a new vice president. However, such a scenario is highly unlikely to materialize.

Nonetheless, the growing discontent among Democrats regarding the Biden/Harris ticket underscores the need for the party to address the Kamala Harris problem if it hopes to secure victory in the upcoming election.

Opinion piece Source

image.png

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Danderman123 said:

No worries, she will look great when compared to Trump's VP pick. This time, he will choose someone with unquestioning loyalty. To him.

So, the VP nominee will be a simp.

I do so enjoy your humerous posts. I enjoyed this one so much I put a laugh emoji on it.

Is it your contention that US presidents pick their VPs from people that will not have loyalty to them? Just asking.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Nick Carter icp said:

Your obsession with Trump is extraordinary .

This thread is about the Democrats' running mate and nothing to do with Trump 

Have you been paying attention to what that abomination has been spuewing?of course any rational American is rightly deeply concerned no I know most of the keyboard warriors here life accomplish far outweigh Kamala’s parltry achievements in life ( heavy sarcasm alert) ……..

• Thumbs Up 1

She won't be approached about this by anyone.

The only way it could happen is if she decides herself that it's best to do that for her own and/or the country's interest and volunteers to resign. She could be promised some other job if Biden wins or perhaps an ambassadorship. 

But a Biden Newsom ticket has problems too.

People would want Newsom much more than Biden.

People vote for the top of the ticket.

An assumption that is only running to step down would have a strong negative aspect.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Have you been paying attention to what that abomination has been spuewing?of course any rational American is rightly deeply concerned no I know most of the keyboard warriors here life accomplish far outweigh Kamala’s parltry achievements in life ( heavy sarcasm alert) ……..

Why are you calling me a keyboard warrior?

I have done nothing to deserve accusation 

You guys seem to attack other people as soon as your side is criticised

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tug said:

Well, she does have considerable experience working under older men.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, impulse said:

How did Biden and the geniuses at the DNC not see this coming, almost 4 years ago?

Silly question. 

She looked good at the time.

They couldn't have predicted that she would become so unpopular.

Similar to DeSantis who looked like a serious contender until he actually started running for president where it turned out the public is allergic to him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Democrats have a Kamala Harris problem

That's stating the blindingly obvious.

And the gop has an even bigger problem, because their candidate is Donald Trump.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome....clear as day. Got a leaky hose...TRUMP!! Mother in law has a farting problem...TRUMP!! Left the milk out of the fridge and now its gone bad....TRUMP!!! 

If Trump wins the meltdowns will be biblical. 

7 minutes ago, 248900_1469958220 said:

Trump Derangement Syndrome....clear as day. Got a leaky hose...TRUMP!! Mother in law has a farting problem...TRUMP!! Left the milk out of the fridge and now its gone bad....TRUMP!!! 

If Trump wins the meltdowns will be biblical. 

And when he loses again, who do you think he will blame?

My guess is that he will blame everybody else.

My second try at responding to this post.

6 hours ago, Social Media said:

Recent concerns have been exacerbated by perceived "word salad" responses from Harris on critical issues

Think they found each other, and make the perfect team, since both president and vice president are unable to string a sentence together

6 minutes ago, billd766 said:

And when he loses again, who do you think he will blame?

My guess is that he will blame everybody else.

If we're to believe the newly released report from the Heartland Institute, he may be right.

As a lifelong Democrat I have never liked her, did not like her as district attorney of San Francisco did not like her as Attorney General of California. I have never liked her, and I thought including her in the ticket to begin with it was a terrible choice. I think continuing to include her in a second term is a terrible choice. This horrific woman is one heartbeat away from the presidency.

Nobody that I know likes her, respects her, admires her, or considers her to be competent. She is in so far over her head.

It's not too late Joe to change your mind. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, spidermike007 said:

As a lifelong Democrat I have never liked her, did not like her as district attorney of San Francisco did not like her as Attorney General of California. I have never liked her, and I thought including her in the ticket to begin with it was a terrible choice. I think continuing to include her in a second term is a terrible choice. This horrific woman is one heartbeat away from the presidency.

Nobody that I know likes her, respects her, admires her, or considers her to be competent. She is in so far over her head.

It's not too late Joe to change your mind. 

It is too late. If you don't know why you don’t know much about politics. The only way if she exits herself. 

3 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

It is too late. If you don't know why you don’t know much about politics. The only way if she exits herself. 

Or they replace her with someone that ticks the same boxes.

10 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

That wouldn't look good either.

It's not going to happen.

There's no clean way out of the Kamala problem without someone getting butthurt.  Or handing the election over to Team Evil.

They just need to figure out how to relieve the pain.  The political equivalent of Preparation H.

53 minutes ago, impulse said:

There's no clean way out of the Kamala problem without someone getting butthurt.  Or handing the election over to Team Evil.

They just need to figure out how to relieve the pain.  The political equivalent of Preparation H.

Forcing her out would backfire.

It won't happen.

Also very remote that she'll leave herself. 

Time to move on from this.

The ticket is the ticket.

11 minutes ago, Jingthing said:

Forcing her out would backfire.

It won't happen.

Also very remote that she'll leave herself. 

Time to move on from this.

The ticket is the ticket.

A month ago, there was no way the MSM would be discussing Biden's mental competence.  Today, they are.  There's been a sea change.  Biden's getting thrown under the bus.  But that leaves the Kamala problem.

Edited by impulse
  • Haha 1