Donald and the US expats.

The funny thing is . that a large percentage of trump supporters. and the louses ones are not even American, and the only thing they know about American politics is what they read in the papers and other media, that I a, willing to bet is the one that confirms their bias. 

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1

14 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Need a moderate, low key and solid statesman this time to pull the country together.

No more extreme candidates or the country divides further causing more problems.

On the surface this seems like a reasonable analysis.....except, I think the country is in a mess, and headed in the wrong direction, and unless there is a revolutionary at the helm, the status quo of entrenched corrupt interests in the Senate and Congress will continue to prevail. We need a candidate who will say not to endless funding requests from these abominable institutions full of senile grey old men. Americas are overtaxed and they have to stop borrowing to fund endless wars. When I lived there I paid 36% federal marginal tax, plus a 3.6% surcharge making 39.6% federal taxes. I then paid 10.7% NJ state taxes; 1.25% Medicare Tax and some other SS tax. Plus I paid outrageous property taxes, of around $25000 per year half of it on a pice of land I owned that no one lived on; and 7% NJ state sales taxes ono pretty much everything I bought, plus miscellaneous import duties and excise taxes in items purchased from abroad....adding it all up around some 60% or more of my marginal income inns going in some form of taxes. Despite seizing such a huge percentage of my income the senators and congressmen cannot get by without borrowing trillions each year. I CRY FOUL. 

It is time for Congress and Senate to live within their means. Biden will not change course and suddenly start cutting budgets for woke initiatives. Trump may or may not, cuts some sacrosanct programs like Medicare, Medicaid, Welfare and the Military and stop sending 60 billion a year to Ukraine that serves no purpose at all, and provides no benefits to America. Better for Trump to ally with Putin and save tax payers 60 billion and tell Ukraine to go pound sand. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 2

On 2/12/2024 at 7:42 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

Obviously, people laugh even more about Americans. 

Voting for him once was a mistake. But who would vote for such a guy another time? Only Americans would do that. 

But would voting for a senile old man that can not remember who he is or who he talks to let alone being able to walk up stairs.

I think that if it is between the 2 TRUMP will have more that he can talk about doing that was a success over Joe I talk to ghosts) Biden.

This could be the same as TRUMP HILLARY, which one is going to do the least damage.  Also, which one has the most competent Vice?  Let's face it not many people are looking forward to President Kamala.

As to life here I really do not see any change to life for expats. 

Edited by kingstonkid
  • Confused 2
  • Haha 1

On 2/12/2024 at 7:48 AM, sirineou said:

Asides from having the country that I love driven in the gutter, and my children's future compromised.

His mishandling of the economy might compromise my private pension and SSI.

If I get sick and have to go back , my health insurance not cover my condition. A sure thing , because looking at his face and listening to his whining voice for another 4 year is soor to make me sick.  

Well you've had Biden for 3 years......has he improved America? In my opinion he has increased the rate of decay and turned it further from the path of good sense and fiscal prudence, towards warmongering, and woke stupidity. I could not stand to hear Biden's senile voice for another day. Fortunately his handlers know he's senile and keep him away from the microphone as often as possible, and only allow him near it in during those increasingly infrequent lucid moments you get when you are senile. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

27 minutes ago, retarius said:

Ancient history. Poll is from when exactly? 2020 and 2021, and not at all relevant to the upcoming elec ion in 2024. 

"REPORTJUNE 27, 2023

International Views of Biden and U.S. Largely Positive"

https://www.pewresearch.org/global/2023/06/27/international-views-of-biden-and-u-s-largely-positive/

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1