The Covers (musical, you idiot) Thread - Great. Good. Indifferent. So bad they're good!!

Crossy

3 hours ago, stoner said:

my friend did a great duran duran cover a bunch of years ago...

Had to listen to Duran Duran version aswell, good song, however I Iike this version better, there is some more bite in it.

Your friend did really well! Love it

3 hours ago, jvs said:

Thats nice, even didnt know. I know the song from Metallica, not even from composer Bob Seger.

THey even made it earlier then Metallica, with no succes ! Leaves me baffled.

An album full of covers "Love Sweat", some known songs, some unknown.  Typical way of GE songs.

4 hours ago, Mutt Daeng said:

This version is superb. I posted it last year on one of the music threads.

I posted the one from Johnny Cash, like this one. Well I thought it was Johnny Cash, but NO.

I would have thought he made recording just in his late years. It completely sounds like him !

However searched, investigated and name popped up Ghost of Johnny Cash?!

And that is a David Radcliffe. It is amazing how he can do the sound of Johnny Cash, singing "sound of silence"

As first I was finding "sound of silence" and johnny cash, but nope he never song it ! Not in his song listing.

It is a David Radcliffe with the voice of Johnny Cash !!

He has a channel in youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/davidrad42/videos wiht his work all? 

Ok post cover now, listen and say it is not Johnny Cash. This song was out in 2021, so before AI- <deleted>.

So good imitation? I think so.

12 hours ago, xtrnuno41 said:

Thats nice, even didnt know. I know the song from Metallica, not even from composer Bob Seger.

THey even made it earlier then Metallica, with no succes ! Leaves me baffled.

An album full of covers "Love Sweat", some known songs, some unknown.  Typical way of GE songs.

I have no idea if "Love Sweat'was released on North America but it was very popular amongst the fans of the group(myself included)

Did you listen to the original Bob Seger song,very good.

21 hours ago, Pouatchee said:

The man who wrote Money, Barrett Strong, just died last year. The Beatles certainly had a knack of taking relatively unknown American songs and making them their own, eg Twist & Shout, Mr Postman, You Really Got a Hold on Me, Til there Was You and Money. Others are available.

Edited by KannikaP
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, KannikaP said:

The man who wrote Money, Barrett Strong, just died last year.

i remember in '79... not 1879... when the song cane out. it was a sensation because it was said the flying lizards recorded it in their kitchen with cutlery... and frying pans and pots

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, xtrnuno41 said:

2 members, Rick Parfitt and Alan Lancaster, already on other site RIP, but they were rock. 

Francis Rossi is still going and now and then John Coghlan is still drumming.

Another classic cover, with the Originals.

2 hours ago, Prubangboy said:

Lotta Beth Hart love here. I like this slow burn cover of a Bobby Blue Bland wailer

Some people say Beth is a reincarnation of Janis Joplin.

some kind of cover so to speak.

Beth is lucky so many people care for her,too many artists in the (near) past have only

been used to make money.

A lot of those are not alive any more.

• Like 1