Begging for money online to support his bar.

n00dle

5 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Those on that center island are just a small bar counter, small pool table and a couple chairs. There are a bunch of others just a few feet away in a different section right next to you. The profit would be peanuts unless there were large crowds moving around.

There are large restaurant bars that cater to Thais that do well. Seen several. These smaller bars look like a waste of time. Not sure how he invested $60,000. More like $10,000 plus rent.

• Confused 1

Is this a "bar" which is basically a bar that sells disadvantaged south east asian women for sex to tourists? Pimp?

Did he meet his girlfriend business partner in such a place? Monger ?

I would be happy to contribute to his one way flight back home.

• Sad 1

Just now, Goat said:

Is this a "bar" which is basically a bar that sells disadvantaged south east asian women for sex to tourists? Pimp?

Did he meet his girlfriend business partner in such a place? Monger ?

I would be happy to contribute to his one way flight back home.

Those ones on that center island are not even really meeting places. It's more just a place to buy a beer and leave. Or, stand around and have a short pool game while you drink your beer.

Just now, JimTripper said:

Those ones on that center island are not even really meeting places. It's more just a place to buy a beer and leave. Or, stand around and have a short pool game while you drink your beer.

So he doesnt sell south east asian women for sex to foreign tourists?

• Haha 1

The use of YouTube and Social Media is new but begging to support a bar is not.  Must be 25 years ago I had a bar owner literally crying real tears on my shoulder begging for money. Running a bar with his cute Thai girlfriend and they'd just had a baby. He was running out of money and desperate. I declined to invest. Anyway it turned out his staff were robbing him (probably GF colluding). He split up with his GF and a few months later returned to Europe, broke and broken.

I knew a British bar owner who was keeping his bar afloat with his pension income.  When GBP took a big plunge in 2016 he was in trouble and asking anyone he knew to 'invest'. The bar eventually closed up. I think the stress of it affected him because a year or so later he had a stroke. His cold-hearted GF packed her bags and went back to Korat. He made it back to the UK.

Pattaya - the graveyard of dreams.

• Thanks 1

I watched a couple of his videos and seems this fellow wants money to prop up his bar and some are giving to him.

No where in the videos does he say "If you give me money now when I desperately need it, I expect to repay you in the next year or two"

It also appears from the videos that he is a very poor "Money Manager" and there are many people like that ! He does not say why is "Good little Bar" does not have the money to survive ?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JimTripper said:

Or watch sport on TV. 

7 minutes ago, Goat said:

Sounds like a british name.

At one time most 'Australian' names were of English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish derivation.  Nowadays as likely to be Greek, Turkish, Middle Eastern, Indian or Asian.

Edited by HauptmannUK
  • Sad 1
  • Love It 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

I watched a couple of his videos and seems this fellow wants money to prop up his bar and some are giving to him.

No where in the videos does he say "If you give me money now when I desperately need it, I expect to repay you in the next year or two"

It also appears from the videos that he is a very poor "Money Manager" and there are many people like that ! He does not say why is "Good little Bar" does not have the money to survive ?

Currently closed. Click on google maps. Maybe using the donations for a plane ticket.

41 minutes ago, cracker1 said:

Usually partner means you buy in and share future profits, not that he pays you back.

It sometimes means it is someone raiding the till, not that the bar is actually losing money.

Edited by JimTripper

11 minutes ago, JimTripper said:

Usually partner means you buy in and share future profits, not that he pays you back.

I knew a guy here who had a rather large bar in the prime position, and it was well frequented. It was only after he had started snorting the "Bolivian marching powder" and business started to drop off that he needed some money to keep it afloat, so he offered 25% of the bar/business to anyone who would invest in it.

They weren't going to get their money back but they could sit there and enjoy free drinks for a couple of years (or was it a year?) and a couple of guys did it, but then the gullible folks dried up and he couldn't re-lease the bar because he had no funds, so he lost it.

He and his wife never got on even when they were running the bar and on many occasions one or both of them would come to work with cuts and bruises and black eyes where they had been fighting the night before. But because the bar was in his wife's name, he had to stay with her.

Now he is confined to a wheelchair, cannot work and seems to be living off his English pension – – so whilst for a few years he could have been "living the dream" but it all turned sour a few years back.

55 minutes ago, proton said:

His last post on FB

G,day guys my bar Palmy's bar is currently under law enforcement and cannot be sold, if you were to try and purchase it at this time you will have big legal problems.

The donations are get away money. Licence would be in her name. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, proton said:

His last post on FB

G,day guys my bar Palmy's bar is currently under law enforcement and cannot be sold, if you were to try and purchase it at this time you will have big legal problems.

Yeah, it's one of the ones in the middle like I thought, but a larger one. I think that's one that usually had a couple people in there when I walked by.

Looks nice from the photo's but the location is not good because it's too far off the main street. People are walking by multiple bars that are all very similar before they get to that bar, so it would need a loyal crowd of regulars.

Too bad it did not work out. Location most likely, and lack of customers in that area in general.

Edited by JimTripper
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, uttradit said:

biden asking for campaign funds

Successfully asking:

Biden's campaign ended the year 2023 with $46 million in cash, far more than the $33 million Trump's campaign held before the Iowa caucuses and the New Hampshire primary. Future Forward, the main super PAC backing Biden, held a little bit more in the bank than MAGA Inc., $24 million to $23.3 million, at the end of the year.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Old Bull said:

I know a fellow had a bar, told me it cost B3000 a day to operate. So if he makes B20 on a beer he has to sell 150 before he can slide any change into his pocket. Not a good deal if you ask me.

So about 2.30am he might start making a profit, some days

• Haha 1