Jump to content

Opinion: The Case Against Israel Rests on Lies


Social Media

Recommended Posts

image.png

 

In the complex web of international relations, truth often becomes entangled in political agendas and distorted narratives. The recent accusations against Israel by South Africa at the International Court of Justice (ICJ) serve as a stark example of this troubling trend. As Israel faces allegations of genocide, one particular distortion of truth has emerged, shedding light on the broader challenges of justice and reality in the modern world.

 

At the heart of this issue lies a quote attributed to an Israeli official, taken out of context and grossly misrepresented in South Africa's presentation to the ICJ. This quote, extracted from a news conference held shortly after a devastating terrorist attack by Hamas, was twisted to imply Israeli complicity in civilian deaths. The context of the quote, however, reveals a different story.

 

The news conference, held amidst the aftermath of a brutal terrorist act that claimed the lives of innocent Israelis and left hundreds more in captivity, was intended to address international journalists. Yet, instead of focusing on the victims of terrorism, the journalists were fixated on the potential repercussions for Palestinians in Gaza – the very territory from which the terrorists had originated.

 

What emerged from this distortion was an attempt to frame Israel as the aggressor, responsible for violence against civilians. However, the reality is far more nuanced. The terrorist attack on October 7 saw not only the brutal slaughter of innocent Israelis but also the participation of Palestinian civilians in acts of murder, rape, and looting. Videos captured Palestinians celebrating the massacre and attacking hostages as they were led away.

 

Amidst this chaos, the Israeli official emphasized the distinction between innocent civilians and combatants, reaffirming Israel's commitment to international law and the protection of civilian life. However, these words were twisted to fit a narrative of Israeli aggression and intent to commit genocide.

 

The truth, obscured by political agendas and distorted narratives, is that Israel is engaged in a defensive struggle against an explicitly genocidal enemy. The civilian casualties in Gaza, tragic though they may be, are a consequence of Hamas's use of human shields and deliberate targeting of Israeli civilians.

 

Despite this, humanitarian aid continues to reach Gaza, underscoring Israel's commitment to upholding humanitarian principles even in the midst of conflict. However, the plight of Israeli hostages held by Hamas remains a pressing concern, often overlooked in the international discourse.

 

The case presented by South Africa, in support of Hamas, represents a dangerous departure from moral clarity and truth. It is a blood libel against the nation-state of the Jewish people, perpetuating falsehoods and undermining the vision of international justice that emerged from the ashes of the Holocaust.

 

In the face of such distortions, it is imperative that the international community uphold the principles of truth and justice, refusing to succumb to political agendas and cynical narratives. The repercussions of abandoning these ideals extend far beyond Israel, threatening the integrity of the international legal system and the pursuit of a more just world.

 

14.02.24

Opinion Source

 

image.png

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Neeranam said:

While it is commendable to advocate for the principles of truth and justice in international affairs, the assertion that the international community should uphold these ideals without acknowledging the complexities and nuances of such conflicts oversimplifies the situation.

Truth and justice can be elusive due to the multiplicity of narratives and perspectives involved. Both sides often present their versions of events, which may differ significantly. Therefore, achieving a consensus on what constitutes truth and justice becomes inherently challenging.

The call to resist political agendas and cynical narratives must apply to all parties involved, not selectively. In the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, both sides have been accused of propagating distorted narratives and using political agendas to advance their interests. Holding one side to a higher standard while ignoring the actions of the other undermines the credibility of efforts to promote truth and justice.

 

Framing the issue solely as a matter of truth and justice overlooks the underlying structural injustices and power imbalances that perpetuate the conflict. The Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories, settlement expansion, restrictions on movement and access, and disproportionate use of force are among the factors contributing to the ongoing cycle of violence and human rights violations. Addressing these root causes is essential for achieving a just and lasting resolution to the conflict.

 

The assertion that the integrity of the international legal system is threatened by criticisms of Israel's actions overlooks the importance of accountability and adherence to international law. Holding states accountable for violations of human rights and humanitarian law is fundamental to the functioning of the international legal system and the promotion of justice worldwide.

 

 

 

Source? Link?

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The recent events in Gaza, marked by 28,000 civilian deaths and widespread devastation, are likely to fuel the flames of Muslim extremism in the near future, especially as the USA is funding the Israelis. The loss of innocent lives and the destruction of communities in Gaza resonate deeply within the Muslim world, serving as a potent rallying cry for extremist elements seeking to capitalize on grievances and stoke anti-Western sentiment. This tragic reality mirrors past instances where Muslim extremism surged, notably after the Iraq War, during which the United States' military actions resulted in the deaths of numerous civilians. Such actions have engendered profound anger and resentment across Muslim-majority regions, fueling narratives of oppression, injustice, and the vilification of Western powers. The persistent cycle of violence and perceived injustices, compounded by geopolitical complexities and historical grievances, contributes to an environment ripe for the recruitment and radicalization of individuals susceptible to extremist ideologies.  

I stopped before finishing your first sentence, 28,000 civilian deaths?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The recent events in Gaza, marked by 28,000 civilian deaths and widespread devastation, are likely to fuel the flames of Muslim extremism in the near future,

 

They don't need fuel; they are extremists.

 

They target innocent people; that's what a terrorist does, by definition. 

 

 

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

especially as the USA is funding the Israelis.

 

Israel is basically part of "the West" and the issue here is Islamic terrorism which targets the West, specifically. It's been a problem for decades.

 

That's the bigger picture here.

 

Not only is America funding them, but assisting them strategically.

 

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

The loss of innocent lives and the destruction of communities in Gaza resonate deeply within the Muslim world, serving as a potent rallying cry for extremist elements seeking to capitalize on grievances and stoke anti-Western sentiment.

 

I honestly think they'd be this way in any case. Don't they attack us in the name of Allah?

 

56 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

This tragic reality mirrors past instances where Muslim extremism surged, notably after the Iraq War, during which the United States' military actions resulted in the deaths of numerous civilians. Such actions have engendered profound anger and resentment across Muslim-majority regions, fueling narratives of oppression, injustice, and the vilification of Western powers. The persistent cycle of violence and perceived injustices, compounded by geopolitical complexities and historical grievances, contributes to an environment ripe for the recruitment and radicalization of individuals susceptible to extremist ideologies.  

 

So, you are saying by killing them in war, America will create more generations of them?

 

Possibly.

 

Or maybe they'll think twice next time. Who knows? We aren't experts.

 

Maybe if you give them an inch, they'll kill you.

 

 

Edited by FruitPudding
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2024 at 11:39 AM, Morch said:
On 2/14/2024 at 11:31 AM, Neeranam said:

While it is commendable to advocate for the principles of truth and justice in international affairs, the assertion that the international community should uphold these ideals without acknowledging the complexities and nuances of such conflicts oversimplifies the situation.

Truth and justice can be elusive due to the multiplicity of narratives and perspectives involved. Both sides often present their versions of events, which may differ significantly. Therefore, achieving a consensus on what constitutes truth and justice becomes inherently challenging.

The call to resist political agendas and cynical narratives must apply to all parties involved, not selectively. In the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, both sides have been accused of propagating distorted narratives and using political agendas to advance their interests. Holding one side to a higher standard while ignoring the actions of the other undermines the credibility of efforts to promote truth and justice.

 

Framing the issue solely as a matter of truth and justice overlooks the underlying structural injustices and power imbalances that perpetuate the conflict. The Israeli occupation of Palestinian territories, settlement expansion, restrictions on movement and access, and disproportionate use of force are among the factors contributing to the ongoing cycle of violence and human rights violations. Addressing these root causes is essential for achieving a just and lasting resolution to the conflict.

 

The assertion that the integrity of the international legal system is threatened by criticisms of Israel's actions overlooks the importance of accountability and adherence to international law. Holding states accountable for violations of human rights and humanitarian law is fundamental to the functioning of the international legal system and the promotion of justice worldwide.

 

 

 

Source? Link?

I read this as an opinion written by @Neeranam himself; if so, his post is the source and has no other link.

Edited by WDSmart
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, WDSmart said:

I'm not "making excuses" for them. I'm just saying this attack did not happen in a vacuum. There's a lot of history behind it.

There is always history behind everything, but you have a distinct problem about folk who take care of aggressors.

Have read up on how the Japanese and Germans HAD to be dealt with to stop their aggression....😬

  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, billd766 said:

Perhaps you have forgotten the 28,xxx Palestinian deaths and the 65,xxx Palestinian injured since October 7th by the indiscriminate actions of the IDF. Not to mention the illegal withholding of food, water, electricity and medical supplies by the Israeli government, not to mention the total land sea and air blockade by the Israeli government of the entire Gaza strip.

Maybe you should be reminding Hamas of this loss of lives if the terrorists figures are anything to go by and not other posters, how many of the dead were terrorists. 

Running out of food eh, but not rockets, something for the terrorists supporters to celebrate I suppose.

  • Confused 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I wouldn't be surprised to see a sea change in the US position if the ICJ order a cease fire and / or rule that the Israeli occupation of Gaza and parts of the west bank are illegal.

 

She says the United States is making considerable efforts to come into compliance, despite serious obstacles within its own constitutional system.

 

https://www.cfr.org/video/united-states-and-icj

  • Haha 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

Your constant usage of your one moment in time history lessons does not negate the fact that Hamas did start this war on Oct 7th, for without the incursion there would be very little trouble, only the daily rocket attacks from Hamas of course.

Stop making excuses for these vile monsters!

Yes, that would be true for Israel, but not for the Palestinians, whose land is CONSTANTLY being seized and occupied by Israelis. 

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/14/2024 at 11:46 AM, FruitPudding said:

 

I just don't get how this can be forgotten about and swept under the carpet by the world.

 

Wars have been started over less.

 

I get that Palestine is hurting right now but what did they expect?

 

Their LEADERS expected exactly what they got. An overreaction from Israel causing tons of media exposure, recruiting, and fundraising opportunities.

 

Civilians on both sides are fodder.

Edited by mikebike
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.





×
×
  • Create New...