Bangkok Bank branch will not make SSA deposit report.

I am at Bangkok Bank Siam Paragon right now as the manager advised to do 1 day before I go to immigration. As it is my first time I came a minth ago to check what to do. Obviously, I need the 12 months of USA Social Security direct deposits certified. She showed me a 3 month sample if my deposits that say SSA but did not let me keep it. Said can be done in 10 minutes the day before immigration, no problem.

No one knows what to do, says all reports more than 6 months is done at the main branch only, and I will be a week or more overstay. Will the Bangkok Bank at Immigration 1 do this properly

tomorrow morning before my apointment?

Right now after half an hour, he was able to print one deposit that says social security, but will not certify it. What do I ask for?

Expires Friday. The manager at Siam Paragon told me in no uncertain terms that I should come the day before going to Immigration and it takes 10 minutes 😞

I don't keep my bankbook up to date and even if I did, it does not say who sent the money.

I called 1111 and the officer explained to the bank worker what to do. He just said to me shoving the documents back, "can not.  go ask immigration for different way or get a certified letter from them explaining exact detail." Same guy I spoke to on the phone this morning who said no problem!

Does that take long? I have Parkinson's so if I appear and give papers, I can go home and a friend can wait for my passport update.

I just need to know what form number to fill out and such before I go.

5 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Yes, CW. There is a BKB in the basement. I am fine doing a 30 day extension to sort this all out, but can not find online how to do that except tourist and VOA.

I'm sorry but I cannot work out what status you have in Thailand.

Assumed non O and asking about 12 month extension.

30 day extension is available for visa exempt and tourist visa entry. 

Yup. That works. Thanks. I do know all the forms for 1yr extension. I guess trying the unknown is better than nothing, but it is not the report they want... seems like a bounce is in my future. Morning I will call BKB main branch. Surely they know what immigration needs... this not an uncommon request.

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

Expires Friday. The manager at Siam Paragon told me in no uncertain terms that I should come the day before going to Immigration and it takes 10 minutes 😞

He was probably thinking about several other documents that Immigration often needs that can be done in 10 minutes.

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

Unlike many other banks BB cannot issue 12 month statement on the spot. 

They can but generally will not.  I had a situation with them and held firm to my getting a 12 month statement on the spot and got it after much talking and about 30 minutes.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dante99 said:

They can but generally will not.  I had a situation with them and held firm to my getting a 12 month statement on the spot and got it after much talking and about 30 minutes.

Geez you are blessed ...no similar reports. 

Zero assistance to OP as he will not obtain 12 month statement from Bangkok bank at CW tomorrow. 

3 hours ago, SailingHome said:

I am at Bangkok Bank ...

No one knows what to do, says all reports more than 6 months is done at the main branch only, and I will be a week or more overstay. Will the Bangkok Bank at Immigration 1 do this properly tomorrow morning before my apointment?

I hope this works out for you.

In the case of Phuket, Bangkok bank required a week to produce the paperwork to show the funds in one's account for 1 year, when applying for a Type-O or a Type-OA visa.  This was to show the necessary 400k/800k THB for the pre-requisite time frame.

When I was on a Type-OA visa (with my living in Phuket), it was that Bangkok Bank slowness (having to get the information from the main branch in Bangkok a week in advance of my going to Phuket immigratoin) that drove me to open an account with Krungsri bank here in Phuket, where Krungsri will produce the paperwork on the same day.   I was not using a monthly deposit method, so in that case, I suspect Krungsri  is superior to Bangkok Bank. 

I note thou, in the case of receiving monthly deposits thou (such as foreign funds coming to Thailand via Wise), possibly Bangkok Bank is more reliable for their annotations noting the foreign source of the monthly funds - as I don't know if Krungsri will appropriately flag funds transferred to Krungsri via Wise, as coming into Krungsri from outside of Thailand.

While this won't likely help the you (the OP) I hope that knowledge might help some others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I do not claim to be an expert on this subject, but I stopped by the BBL branch in the basement at CW immigration last year to inquire about bank balance verification letters and 12 month bank statements.

The woman I spoke with seemed like a senior branch officer and she provided me information about the fees for said documents. She said things could also be done while you wait. She also didn't mention anything about not being able to provide the 12 month bank statement on the same day. 

I assume people go into that branch multiple times per day asking for letters and 12 month bank statements. I would be surprised if they don't know what immigration's requirements are and that they would not be willing to be accommodating and provide their customers with what is needed on the spot so that people can complete their visa extensions on a timely basis. I assume it's just a matter of paying them whatever fees they require in order to get the documents from them done the same day. 

The only branch, you'll get a 12 month statement from at this late date is the head office.

333 Silom Road, Silom, Bang Rak, Bangkok 10500

Phone:02-230-1022, 02-230-1016, 02-230-2519, 02-230-1940, 02-230-2085

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I found a similar situation at the Bangkok Bank branch at a mall in Chanthaburi. I went to a regular full size, full service branch and they knew exactly what I needed. Ten minutes and 100 baht later I had my document. You may want to ask them for an annual statement. The Bangkok Bank in Chanthaburi were very accommodating, and for an additional 100 baht gave me a documented one-year statement as well.

5 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

I do not claim to be an expert on this subject, but I stopped by the BBL branch in the basement at CW immigration last year to inquire about bank balance verification letters and 12 month bank statements.

The woman I spoke with seemed like a senior branch officer and she provided me information about the fees for said documents. She said things could also be done while you wait. She also didn't mention anything about not being able to provide the 12 month bank statement on the same day. 

I assume people go into that branch multiple times per day asking for letters and 12 month bank statements. I would be surprised if they don't know what immigration's requirements are and that they would not be willing to be accommodating and provide their customers with what is needed on the spot so that people can complete their visa extensions on a timely basis. I assume it's just a matter of paying them whatever fees they require in order to get the documents from them done the same day. 

On the phone with BKB @ Immigration CW basement. 02-143-9614. They too seem confused, I said "Certificate of deposits from overseas 12 months". They said the can order it but it often doesn't come back what immigration wants - a branch can only do 6 months. Directed me to headquarters (as stated above by a poster) and warned it will likely still take 5 business days.

Phone:02-230-1022, 02-230-1016, 02-230-2519, 02-230-1940, 02-230-2085

Sigh... 2500 in overstay is cheaper then 28k for a visa company lies about what province I live in and upsets Immigration for me.

Oh! NOW he says I must do it at the branch I opened my account. After reminding him again that I spent 3 hours at that branch yesterday and even had immigration call them only to turn me away... he too my phone number and said will back.

Let's kick some tires and light some fires... someone has to be able to do this. Geez... even in the remote provinces it can be done. 😃 After 13 years I have learned to laugh along with such things, not overly stress.

2 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

I found a similar situation at the Bangkok Bank branch at a mall in Chanthaburi. I went to a regular full size, full service branch and they knew exactly what I needed. Ten minutes and 100 baht later I had my document. You may want to ask them for an annual statement. The Bangkok Bank in Chanthaburi were very accommodating, and for an additional 100 baht gave me a documented one-year statement as well.

How is the annual statement different than the statement that the app emails to me? Doesn't the statement need to say who sent it, or can I get away with a statement that just says TT for the code of each deposit. 

Reminder I want to Siam Paragon branch and spent 3 hours they said it can't even be done, but if the remote possibility it will take 3-5 days as they must order anything over 6 months. Also note I went in a month ago to that very same branch and was assured it is quick to do.

2 hours ago, Liquorice said:

She was correct that a 3-month statement can be printed in 10 minutes.

The bank staff have no knowledge of the Immigration orders and for what purpose and which section you use for a 12-month extension.
I daresay the vast majority of expats use the fund's method (800/400K) in a Thai bank account, where a 3/6 month statement is sufficient.

Bangkok bank's local branches can only issue 6-month statements (same as you could print online). 12 month statements have to be pre-ordered a week in advance.

In relation to your passbook, you can update this in the branch (not the ATM) to list all transactions regardless of when you last updated the book.

If I had 10 million baht I _might_ be willing to park that much. On SSA fixed income due to diability at age 20? I think 800k is doable in about n years.

17 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

How is the annual statement different than the statement that the app emails to me? Doesn't the statement need to say who sent it, or can I get away with a statement that just says TT for the code of each deposit. 

Reminder I want to Siam Paragon branch and spent 3 hours they said it can't even be done, but if the remote possibility it will take 3-5 days as they must order anything over 6 months. Also note I went in a month ago to that very same branch and was assured it is quick to do.

I believe Chanthaburi Immigration was just <deleted> with me. I've done extensions in Jomtien more than 10 years and a copy of the bank book first and last page was all they wanted.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

How, through whom, are you transferring your SSA income?

No transfers go direct to your branch account in Thailand, unless your account is at the HQ branch.

In a Bangkok bank passbook, TT stands for a local Telex transfer, FTT stands for Foreign telex transfer.

Live from BKB Siam Paragon, it's Fiaso at zero hour! The race is on... Su is the expert!

Uh, oh! Fatal flaw! Statement says Bahtnet not TT or FT? Ok... well, he did print one deposit last night that showed it is from SSA not a local bank (says Citbank Bangkok, brobably the intermediary.) As she works I reflect on the past and how there used to be 2 ways to transfer SSA to BKB. One was where 2 accounts at BKB were needed and the recipenr must go in to the branch to prove they are alive, and the other was deposited some other way and no need to prove a corps we are not. I chose to swith to the latter option- wasn't sure of I would be traveling to Philippines for a couple of months.

Waiting... waiting... sweat and concern upon her brow, truly I owe her lunch or something for the assistance.

My passbook misses most of my deposits. I also do my own statements every 4 months or so. I highlight the foreign monthly deposits to help BBL format the correct statement for immigration

We are back live from BKB Paragon! The race is on and OH! That had to hurt!

SSA is not doing direct deposits to BKB, they are using Citibank as an intermediary so it shows as Bahtnet deposit not TT. She is making the 12 copies that say it is from SSA, but advises I must get the actual immigration report from Citibank. Seems I need to talk to SSA about this! It is likely because I changed deposit types as mentioned in my last post. 

I will still try to use these at immigration if she will certify them. I can politely point out it clearly says from USA Social Security and politely refuse to leave the chair, I suppose.

AND... now another oil slick on the track as the yellow car ezplodes on the wall! Despite the account statement sent by the app to my email showing all the deposits, last April can  ot be found in the computer! Yes, that is world-class banking databese tech for ya 😄