Bangkok Bank branch will not make SSA deposit report.

And now the tires ars running thin in her patience as the computer does not match reality... in the end she says I must go to Citibank to get fhe report... obvious flag on the on the infield, "I do not have an account at Citibank. How will they actually find the information?"  "I am not sure."

I guess I am paying 28,000 and a buch of overstay by the time a visa company can file. All for doing my best. Life tax, right? 😆

17 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

I'm sorry but I cannot work out what status you have in Thailand.

Assumed non O and asking about 12 month extension.

30 day extension is available for visa exempt and tourist visa entry. 

Dr Jack, is 30 day extension not available for a 3 month NON O visa based on retirement?

1 hour ago, Liquorice said:

How, through whom, are you transferring your SSA income?

No transfers go direct to your branch account in Thailand, unless your account is at the HQ branch.

In a Bangkok bank passbook, TT stands for a local Telex transfer, FTT stands for Foreign telex transfer.

I changed deposit methods back in the days when we needed 2 accounts and had to go to the branch each month to get our payments (proof of life.)

Thus the bank that got the TT was Citibank, not BKB. I will cahnge my SSA to use normal direct deposit again.

And now she's on the phone to put out the fire... a call to Citibank to reauest proof. Sounds like a whitle blowing... YES, penaly for lack of interference! 5 days back from the original line of scrimmage. No account, no print crom Citibank.

warning to all: ONLY uze direct deposit methods 😉

Now if I can get a certified letter "Confirming the status of your account." I may be able to salvage this with my statement shoing the high deposit and 10 months of them always being the same (maybe not, as one poster said herein, a friend was reject for not having a print of just one payment because it came after a Thai holiday putimg it in the wrong month

16 minutes ago, Sjoerd said:

Dr Jack, is 30 day extension not available for a 3 month NON O visa based on retirement?

If you had a non O based on retirement you cannot obtain 30 extension.

However if married you can obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Of course you can obtain a 12 month extension however that has financial requirements. 

As Su drives off the track for a much needed hour break, I have in my posession only 10 of the 12 deposits unstamped and needing to go to citbank. Steeping in to gas things up another tellef provided the customary letter of accout status, Immigration version, dor the normal 100 baht.

Now I wait an hour for Su to change her oil, so she make an account statement of only the bahtnet deposits so I can go to citbank. With the dead srewn abojt the track, fires ablaze, I would rather PAY to have this done... my Thai wife died. She made thing so much easier.

13 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

If you had a non O based on retirement you cannot obtain 30 extension.

However if married you can obtain a 60 day extension to visit wife.

Of course you can obtain a 12 month extension however that has financial requirements. 

Thank you for advice..Have a sun 12 years old, have all documents...married wife, birtcertificate, certificate of wife died..does he need to go with me in person?  Second 1 year extension can; money is over 10 years in a bank all the year. Or just walk over the border and come back on exemption? And can get after 30 days again..  This time need about 4-5 months to can stay

• Love It 1

20 hours ago, DrJack54 said:  Thinking you have an issue.  You should have requested a 12 month bank statement from Bangkok bank a week ago. Unlike many other banks BB cannot issue 12 month statement on the spot.  Suggest that you photocopy bank book pages for last 12 months. Highlight the monthly transfers.   When does your permission of stay expire.  Good luck.        =============== 

I had the same issue two years ago at hua hin Immigration office.  Bangkok Bank advised me to take copies of last 12 months from my pass book and then they signed it.  HuaHin Immigration grumbled a bit but accepted it. They advised me to get a timed account and money in that. That's what I've used since with no problem.     May just be the luck of the draw. good luck to OP.   

• Thumbs Up 1

Thanks RocketDog... my account book is not up to date and being a more "official" branch they will not sign anything the rulebook does not allow.

I emailed the sample of 12 to immigration to ask if they will accept them. 

Screenshot_20240215_144126_Gallery.jpg

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No transfers go direct to your branch account in Thailand, unless your account is at the HQ branch.

In a Bangkok bank passbook, TT stands for a local Telex transfer, FTT stands for Foreign telex transfer.

Mine all say FJB.  I know they're correct.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I really don't remember the process that was available in lieu of firect deposit from SSA. REmember: we used to need 2 accounts. One for SSA to deposit to and one to spend from. We used to have to go to the branch in person to prove we are alive then they would put the money in our spending account. I was planning to be out of the country but needed atm and debit access to my money as well as to pay rent, mobile, etc.

The second option was have the US Govt send on behalf of SSA direct to the spending account and fill out the "No, I am not dead" form once per year. Highly preferable to going to the bank every month.

They are still doing that method. To do it, the money goes from SSA to the fed to Citibank via FTT. Citibank then uses Bahtnet to give to BKB. Another beauty of this is you get the current exchange rate not one a week old and save the 150+ baht for BKB in NYC doing the conversion and transfer.

The fed is still doing this. I need to change back to direct deposit NOW so I have 12 months next year and the letter is easy. Immigration MAY accept what I have now (12 copies of what I sent above - one for each deposit) and my normal statement plus the account status certified letter. If not, I am in need of a visa service.

• Like 1

Go to the BBL Headquarters location, which is close to Siam Paragon.  They should be able to assist you better than any branch.

this issue has been presented for the lastfew years, like more than ten.  If the writer of this notifiction had been reading AseanNow on this subject, he would have known about this dilemma and would have acted accordingly.

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, fceligoj said:

Go to the BBL Headquarters location, which is close to Siam Paragon.  They should be able to assist you better than any branch.

this issue has been presented for the lastfew years, like more than ten.  If the writer of this notifiction had been reading AseanNow on this subject, he would have known about this dilemma and would have acted accordingly.

😉 Thank you fceligij. I felt tht reply deserved my highest honor of awarding a trophy, which I seldom do. That is an extremely helpful, thoughtful, and direct Western approach to solving a complex problem. You seem quite certain of your answer and that is refreshing. Personally, I find deep criticism of my personal failure very helpful since as a researcher and a fairly powerful man I tend to get what I want in life, so I find comments like yours lift me to a higher station and cause myself to improve. Thank you.

Most folk around these parts know me to be a rather deep researcher of focus when I need information and ask as a last resort. That is a rather large assumption that I did not search. In fact I did read all of the articles I could could find, and, no, I do not read and keep up every day, every detail, as a troll. Nor shall I apologize for that.

Until now this has been a very supportive and uplifting set of compassionate peers which I find to be far more helpful in the situations of stress than the exact answers. Exact answers are rare when dealing with things of this nature, as you are aware. If it helps, I did go to the main branch today who also said to go to Citibank and hope they can produce the letter without my having an account there. I only discovered TODAY the these are not FTT direct to BKB, but go through Citibank from the Fed instead of direct deposit from SSA... or maybe your copious time to, "had been reading," overlooked a detail or two just as mine did.  Didn't read that?

Now that I have been flogged, may I please have your permission to enjoy the camaraderie that has been so wonderful these past few years and do productive worry? I appreciate your permission. It will make me feel ever so much more useful to the community at large.

Edited by SailingHome
trophy

1 hour ago, lou norman said:

The same thing happened to me in December. Just go to the BB branch in the basement of CW. They will give you a letter that is acceptable.

At least it was in December.

Lou, thank you. Are you saying you had the same type of Fed deposit instead of SSA direct deposit? 

When I spoke to that branch on the phone this morning the most they were willing to extend assistance was call Siam Paragon and ask them to do their job. They stated it must be done at the branch I opened my account. Do you recall if you said anything in particular to get such a letter? As staff changes, so does the wind it seems. I am going to your method tomorrow when I go.

I do have all 12 deposits printed from the computer and at the bottom they say they are computer generated and need so additional signature (a sample is posted above if you or anyone has a chance to check it - maybe someone has used this method before?) I have the "certified" 100 baht letter of the status of my account, and have the regular 12 month statement with the deposits highlighted matching the 12 printouts.

Since there does not appear to be any fixed standard of evidence (for instance you got a letter, another guy got something else, etc.) and clearly the money did come from overseas but was only but into my BKB account using Bahtnet, it seems reasonable this is "good enough" proof. Reasonable, is of course, up to the officer that takes my case, their mood of the day, and a number of other biological and socio-idiopathic demands upon them. 

I can really only try at this point. I like your idea as a, "Just in case." Maybe they can say whether what I have will work and maybe they can even give a letter as to why it is that way. Cross some fingers and toes on my behalf, please 😉

Are your by chance not from USA? If so, your banking can perform a type of transfer that ours does not like to do - play in the new international money transfer arena. As Americans the main (or only that I have been able to find) way to get our direct deposit is a payment to our same account number at BKB but at the New York city branch. 

5 hours ago, SailingHome said:

They are still doing that method. To do it, the money goes from SSA to the fed to Citibank via FTT. Citibank then uses Bahtnet to give to BKB. Another beauty of this is you get the current exchange rate not one a week old and save the 150+ baht for BKB in NYC doing the conversion and transfer.

Yeah, I'm familiar with the Bahtnet system. The income goes through Citibank to the Bank of Thailand, to Bangkok bank HQ to your local Bangkok branch account.

These types of payment appear as BNT in a passbook and Bahtnet on a HQ statement.

You threw me by stating it was coded as TT in your passbook.
Check again!

Yeah, I'm familiar with the Bahtnet system. The income goes through Citibank to the Bank of Thailand, to Bangkok bank HQ to your local Bangkok branch account.

These types of payment appear as BNT in a passbook and Bahtnet on a HQ statement.

You threw me by stating it was coded as TT in your passbook.
Check again!

Apologies, no, hthey do NOT say TT and I never thought they did.. my Parkinson's can confuse my language skill. Thank you for pointing that out.

3 hours ago, SailingHome said:

, no, I do not read and keep up every day, every detail, as a troll. Nor shall I apologize for that.

More fool you. But hey, continue to blame Thai Immigration and "BKB" (whatever that is) for your own failings.

Edited by Lemsta69

37 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Not sure why my new topic asking how to show immigration that FTT is coming via a secondary bak. So be it. Chexknout this answer feom SSA. If this is true we should all be havinh this problem, no?

Screenshot_20240216-091756_Gmail.jpg

You should be more careful on a public forum and should block out your personal details.

You have posted your full name, picture and Bangkok Bank account details.

Those details are not needed to get your point over.

• Agree 2

54 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

Not sure why my new topic asking how to show immigration that FTT is coming via a secondary bak. So be it. Chexknout this answer feom SSA. If this is true we should all be havinh this problem, no?

There are many different ways to transfer money from overseas to a Thai bank account.
From an expats point of view, they research for a cost effect way to get the best foreign currency exchange rate to Thai baht.

From Immigrations point of view, they require proof of an overseas transfer.

Not many expats have their pensions paid direct to a Thai bank using the Bahtnet system.

The Bahtnet method of transfer gives the best exchange rates and low administration costs.

The problem with using the Bahtnet system of transfer is that the transfers will be coded as 'Bahtnet' on a Bangkok bank 12-month statement, and BNT in the passbook.

You therefore require additional proof this method of transfer came from overseas.
That proof is a 'credit advice' receipt that you have already posted, which makes it clear it came from a foreign source.
You need a credit advice receipt for each and every transfer, which you should be able to arrange with Bangkok bank.

Immigration may not be familiar with the fact that Bahtnet transfer originate from overseas and you may need Bangkok bank to explain that to them.
That was my experience.

The other point you're now aware of is with Bangkok bank you need to give a week's notice of requesting a 12-month bank statement which comes from their HQ.

When you speak of 'direct' payments, be aware there is no method that will transfer any funds direct to your personal Provincial Thai bank account.
The reason is simple, in that local bank branches do not have a SWIFT code, only the HQ branches have a SWIFT code used for International transactions.
In the case of Bangkok bank, that International SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK.

Regardless of the chosen method of transfer, every transfer will go to Bangkok bank HQ, who then forward it to your local branch using your account number to identify the branch.

• Agree 1

12 hours ago, Liquorice said:

There are many different ways to transfer money from overseas to a Thai bank account.
From an expats point of view, they research for a cost effect way to get the best foreign currency exchange rate to Thai baht.

From Immigrations point of view, they require proof of an overseas transfer.

Not many expats have their pensions paid direct to a Thai bank using the Bahtnet system.

The Bahtnet method of transfer gives the best exchange rates and low administration costs.

The problem with using the Bahtnet system of transfer is that the transfers will be coded as 'Bahtnet' on a Bangkok bank 12-month statement, and BNT in the passbook.

You therefore require additional proof this method of transfer came from overseas.
That proof is a 'credit advice' receipt that you have already posted, which makes it clear it came from a foreign source.
You need a credit advice receipt for each and every transfer, which you should be able to arrange with Bangkok bank.

Immigration may not be familiar with the fact that Bahtnet transfer originate from overseas and you may need Bangkok bank to explain that to them.
That was my experience.

The other point you're now aware of is with Bangkok bank you need to give a week's notice of requesting a 12-month bank statement which comes from their HQ.

When you speak of 'direct' payments, be aware there is no method that will transfer any funds direct to your personal Provincial Thai bank account.
The reason is simple, in that local bank branches do not have a SWIFT code, only the HQ branches have a SWIFT code used for International transactions.
In the case of Bangkok bank, that International SWIFT code is BKKBTHBK.

Regardless of the chosen method of transfer, every transfer will go to Bangkok bank HQ, who then forward it to your local branch using your account number to identify the branch.

That SWIFT code is actually to NYC, but symantics. I went in last month to ensure that my deposits were all ok and eligible for the print out and was told they are. Was told that the old way of circumventing the 2-accounts is no longer available because we tell SSA once year in a form that we are alive. I was told, and Su still says now, come in the day before, "I can print them in 10 minutes." She was prepared to do that for me when she discovered that the Fed was sending to Citibank and her bank was getting a Bahtnet. With hope based on optimistic evidence I did what I could based on what I was told. Why didn't I do it sooner? I was also told that Immiration wants the bank letter to be dated the day before coming to renew the Retirement visa. I woud have done that last minth, but my recalitrant landlord's children (she is over 80) spent more time literally bashing the monarchary and their government and that they are above the law. hey would not do the TM.30 nor give me the papers to do it. I finally got the bluebook from the old woman and in 4 minutes online did it for them. Their fine for not doing it in 25 hours and spending 6 weeks? 800 baht. That said, check my next post.

On 2/15/2024 at 8:45 AM, Liquorice said:

Bangkok bank's local branches can only issue 6-month statements (same as you could print online). 12 month statements have to be pre-ordered a week in advance.

Often wondered if it would be a better idea with Bangkok Bank if people on the retirement extension got a six month bank statement six months after the extension and then could get another six month statement at any branch same day as the next extension. Work?

6 hours ago, John Drake said:

Often wondered if it would be a better idea with Bangkok Bank if people on the retirement extension got a six month bank statement six months after the extension and then could get another six month statement at any branch same day as the next extension. Work?

No.

Statements have to be certified the same day as the application submission, although certain Immigration offices do allow a window of up to 7 days.

No.

Statements have to be certified the same day as the application submission, although certain Immigration offices do allow a window of up to 7 days.

OK .I believe that, though if true then why are most people adamant that reports must be ordered at least 7 days in advance? 😃

• Agree 1