Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Bangkok Bank branch will not make SSA deposit report.

11 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

OK .I believe that, though if true then why are most people adamant that reports must be ordered at least 7 days in advance? 😃

They stamp and sign it (certification) the day they issue it to you.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Liquorice said:

No.

Statements have to be certified the same day as the application submission, although certain Immigration offices do allow a window of up to 7 days.

If that is the case, then nobody using Bangkok Bank will be able to get a 12 month statement, because BBK require a seven day notice. They do give you a receipt, signed and stamped, on the day you order the statement, but the statement itself will not be emailed to you for a couple of days at least.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:44 PM, SailingHome said:

Lou, thank you. Are you saying you had the same type of Fed deposit instead of SSA direct deposit? 

I have a direct deposit SSA account. Bangkok Bank branch on sukhumvit required 5 days for a full letter (500 Baht). I got the abbreviated letter for 100 baht immediately, but Imm would not accept it. She sent me downstairs to the BB branch and they gave me something that was acceptable for 100 baht. Took about 5 minutes.

On 2/15/2024 at 9:44 PM, SailingHome said:

When I spoke to that branch on the phone this morning the most they were willing to extend assistance was call Siam Paragon and ask them to do their job. They stated it must be done at the branch I opened my account. Do you recall if you said anything in particular to get such a letter? As staff changes, so does the wind it seems. I am going to your method tomorrow when I go.

I do have all 12 deposits printed from the computer and at the bottom they say they are computer generated and need so additional signature (a sample is posted above if you or anyone has a chance to check it - maybe someone has used this method before?) I have the "certified" 100 baht letter of the status of my account, and have the regular 12 month statement with the deposits highlighted matching the 12 printouts.

Since there does not appear to be any fixed standard of evidence (for instance you got a letter, another guy got something else, etc.) and clearly the money did come from overseas but was only but into my BKB account using Bahtnet, it seems reasonable this is "good enough" proof. Reasonable, is of course, up to the officer that takes my case, their mood of the day, and a number of other biological and socio-idiopathic demands upon them. 

I can really only try at this point. I like your idea as a, "Just in case." Maybe they can say whether what I have will work and maybe they can even give a letter as to why it is that way. Cross some fingers and toes on my behalf, please 😉

1 minute ago, lou norman said:

She sent me downstairs to the BB branch and they gave me something that was acceptable

Are you able to describe what this "something" was? And what information it detailed?

2 minutes ago, lou norman said:

I have a direct deposit SSA account.

So your monthly transfers show as bahtnet?

3 minutes ago, bamnutsak said:

Are you able to describe what this "something" was? And what information it detailed?

So your monthly transfers show as bahtnet?

I don't know what that means. I get a message on my phone every month saying the transfer was made and the amount.

On 2/14/2024 at 4:36 AM, SailingHome said:

I don't keep my bankbook up to date and even if I did, it does not say who sent the money.

Mine says FTT on every deposit to Bangkok Bank NY - Bangkok Bank here in Chiang Mai prints the 12 month print out (usually takes two weeks or less) But I've noticed that the last 1 year renewal of NON-O, that the officer just looked at the summary from Bangkok Bank (required document) and simply added the print-out to the "finished stack". Maybe someone else looks at it later, during the "consideration period"?

1 hour ago, pizzachang said:

Mine says FTT on every deposit to Bangkok Bank NY - Bangkok Bank here in Chiang Mai prints the 12 month print out (usually takes two weeks or less) But I've noticed that the last 1 year renewal of NON-O, that the officer just looked at the summary from Bangkok Bank (required document) and simply added the print-out to the "finished stack". Maybe someone else looks at it later, during the "consideration period"?

That's great! Too bad SSA has announced that the Bahtnet system will be used for everyone now and Immigration has ZERO clear cut rules nor does it say the money must come from overseas. 

iimmi.d1.non.oz AT gmail.com: cc complain.kk2A T gmail.com "For the 1 year Retirement visa , must have bank statements of commercial banks located in Thailand. Past 12 months. Details according to the attached document. Best Regards." (PDF attached)

fbu.manila AT ssa.gov: "Thank you for your email. Since you are using a bank in Thailand, your benefit goes to a processor bank in your case is the Citibank Bangkok. All benefits that are being deposited in a local bank will go thru a processor bank before the benefits will be deposited in the local bank account. If you do not want this delay, you may use a U.S. bank account."

YOU figure this out. I am going to pay $1k per year and avoid the hassle, thanks

บั้นปลาย 242 PDF.pdf

As I told you before, there are many methods of transferring money to Thailand.
If you request your government to send it direct to your Thai bank account, then the transfers are made through Citibank using the Bahtnet transfer system.
It's no different for UK expats, who have elected to send their pensions directly, they go through Citibank using the Bahtnet system.

1 hour ago, SailingHome said:

Too bad SSA has announced that the Bahtnet system will be used for everyone now and Immigration has ZERO clear cut rules nor does it say the money must come from overseas. 

Thai Immigration orders clearly state the money must come from overseas.

Amend 138-2557 (2018 ) clause 2.18-2.22 for Thai bank income ENG.pdf

2.22 Retirement.

1) Evidence showing pension - a letter of certification on deposit in the bank in Thailand and bank statement showing money transfer from overseas every month for the past 12 months.

Posts containing email addresses have been edited or removed, please do not put email addresses in your posts as this is a security risk to the forum.

You can remove the email sign and put AT in it's place

19. You will not post phone numbers, email addresses, business names or social media addresses in posts or signatures.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Liquorice said:

As I told you before, there are many methods of transferring money to Thailand.
If you request your government to send it direct to your Thai bank account, then the transfers are made through Citibank using the Bahtnet transfer system.
It's no different for UK expats, who have elected to send their pensions directly, they go through Citibank using the Bahtnet system.

Thai Immigration orders clearly state the money must come from overseas.

Amend 138-2557 (2018 ) clause 2.18-2.22 for Thai bank income ENG.pdf 89.42 kB · 0 downloads

2.22 Retirement.

I missed the ovrseas part. I am going on a week of sleep deprivation. Apologies and thanks fo finding that.

USA has just announced all Social Security sent to thailand will be via citbank and bahtnet, so, yeah, if you can tell the community how you who receive your payments that way get the right documents I am sure we Yanks will be appreciatve.

17 minutes ago, SailingHome said:

USA has just announced all Social Security sent to thailand will be via citbank and bahtnet, so, yeah, if you can tell the community how you who receive your payments that way get the right documents I am sure we Yanks will be appreciatve.

I think a large percentage of expats have incomes paid to the home Country bank, then use 'Wise' to transfer to a Thai bank account.

Wise is very transparent and cost-effective with good exchange rates.

It's also easy to get proof the incomes were transferred from overseas if you bank with Bangkok bank or Kasikorn bank.

Edited by Liquorice
  • Thanks 1

That's agreat dolution for those that can get back to their native land. It's only a few of unable to travel due to health. 

Thankyou again for all the input. i wil bail outof this topic.. gonna be in the hospital a few days.

15 hours ago, SailingHome said:

That's agreat dolution for those that can get back to their native land. It's only a few of unable to travel due to health. 

You don't necessarily require a US bank account.

Open an account with Wise and have your US social security payments paid directly to your Wise account.

You can then transfer as and when required from your Wise account to your Bangkok bank account, or set up direct monthly transfers with Wise.