Thai teacher accused of ignoring sick student, leading to his death

webfact

image.jpeg

A Thai mother accused a teacher at a school in the central province of Pathum Thani of ignoring her six year old son who was having a seizure, leading to the boy’s death.

The mother shared a video of her son shaking uncontrollably on Facebook with a caption complaining about the teacher who took a video of the sick boy. The caption read…

“My son was shaking and struggling. His mouth turned darker but the teacher said he was fine and asked him to lie still instead of sending him to the hospital or providing first aid. The teacher chose to record this video and waited for me.

“My son had already died. He must have suffered before he died. He had a heart attack and died at school. He could be alive now if the teacher sent him to the hospital.”

The mother told Channel 7 that her son went to school without any symptoms that morning. The teacher called her in the afternoon and said her son was foaming at the mouth and his hands and feet were darkening.

The mother said she rushed to the school and found her son unconscious. She immediately took him to the hospital but he died on the way. The doctor gave him CPR and tried to bring him back to life but it failed.

5,000 baht compensation

According to the mother, her son had a headache and the teacher gave him a paracetamol tablet. The boy then had a seizure, as seen in the video but the teacher did not take him to the hospital. It took her about 30 minutes to get to the school but she was unable to help her son in time.

by Petch Petpailin 

Photo via Facebook/ เริ่มมม ใหม่

Full story: The Thaiger 2024-02-15

- Cigna offers a range of visa-compliant plans that meet the minimum requirement of medical treatment, including COVID-19, up to THB 3m. For more information on all expat health insurance plans click here.

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Join us now!

• Sad 10

6 hours ago, webfact said:

“My son had already died. He must have suffered before he died. He had a heart attack and died at school. He could be alive now if the teacher sent him to the hospital.”

The mother told Channel 7 that her son went to school without any symptoms that morning. The teacher called her in the afternoon and said her son was foaming at the mouth and his hands and feet were darkening.

Teachers ignorance of a real emergency situation.

5 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Not many healthy 6 year old children suddenly have a heart attack and die without any prior conditions. 

I would say it's not as uncommon as you think. Out of the millions of children across Thailand, I'm sure there are a few that die of a heart attack suddenly. I am a teacher, and from my experience, strokes, heart problems, other things happen out of the blue. I've experienced a couple of deaths of children. Although, I don't know of any teacher that wouldn't call an ambulance in that situation; truly negligent.

• Agree 2

13 minutes ago, uttradit said:

Parents aren't to blame? Sending a sick kid to school.

It says in the report the kid was fine when they sent him to school,no signs or symptoms of illness.... god I hope I don't sound like Liverpool Lou...

• Thumbs Up 2

Just now, Martin71 said:

It says in the report the kid was fine when they sent him to school,no signs or symptoms of illness.... god I hope I don't sound like Liverpool Lou...

I doubt it. 6yos don't drop dead. Must have an illness.

• Confused 4

1 minute ago, uttradit said:

I doubt it. 6yos don't drop dead. Must have an illness.

Agree about the illness.. but could have been ok in the morning,like all the other times they sent him to school and he came home alive...

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, sheldoncollier said:

Elaborate please.

You probably don't want him too. I expect he is referencing some conspiracy theory or another. 

More likely a previously undiagnosed congenital or acute medical condition, a gradual darkening of skin in peripheral areas (hands/feet) would point to an onset of a pulmonary circulation issue of some kind. 

Anyway, RIP little man, too soon.

• Agree 1

A 6 year does not die of a heart attack, nor does a heart attack cause seizures.

I suspect an epilectic seizure, where he possibly swallowed his tongue, resulting in asphyxiation causing death.

Asphyxiation would cause the lips to turn blue.

Easily prevented, with the most basic of life saving knowledge!

And yes, I do have some paramedic background.

Edited by CanadaSam
Added Easily prevented.
  • Confused 1

The teacher had time to video it, so she could have tried to help him instead or call for help. Whether that would have saved him or not at least they could have tried. Sad. RIP young fella. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, JeffersLos said:

Not many healthy 6 year old children suddenly have a heart attack and die without any prior conditions. 

Obviously, healthy 6-yr olds would not.   That he may have had a heart attack suggests that he wasn't healthy.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kaopad999 said:
14 hours ago, BE88 said:

Heart attack of a six year old boy but no one asks why ?

I think many of us know why, but we're now allowed to say here... 

Yes, you are.  Spit it out.

Edited by Liverpool Lou

11 minutes ago, uttradit said:
15 minutes ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Did you not read the OP describing how a six-year old did "drop dead"?

You tell me dr.

Ok, I will...I don't think that you did read the OP but if you did you couldn't understand it!