Thai teacher accused of ignoring sick student, leading to his death

webfact

On 2/15/2024 at 7:51 AM, retarius said:

Tragic. 5000 baht compensation for the life of one's child. An insult. 

Someone once told me that in Thailand, it is better to take the life rather than allow someone to have a debilitating injury or illness. This was said to me because when a Thai dies, the compensation is minimal. I was even told if you hit someone to make sure they are dead haha... The cost to compensate for someone left alive is a lot more. That being said, the 5000 baht offered as compensation is probably the least amount the school could have offered. 

I am curious though. By the articles description of events, perhaps the child had an allergy unknown to the Thai teacher and her giving the kid paracetamol was the reason for death. only an autopsy will confirm the reason he died. The 5000 would not be enough to pay for this to happen.

So sad for this to happen in a school. The school or teacher should have called an ambulance immediately when seeing the boys skin changing color. Perhaps the child would still be alive. 

Even if it was not meningitis .. there were enough warning signs to suspect it.. and rapid deterioration can set in. The teacher was negligent and stupid not to get the child to a hospital.. but I suspect lack of basic training is to blame.. meningitis is something everyone should be aware of especially if you are responsible for a group of children

12 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Obviously, healthy 6-yr olds would not.   That he may have had a heart attack suggests that he wasn't healthy.

Congratulations, you almost understood my post. 🙂

Have a star.