New Govt Tourist Insurance to Cover Deaths and Accidents

webfact

2 hours ago, sambum said:

I am living here on an extension by way of marriage to a Thai national, but likewise am too old to get insurance. I would willingly pay a reasonable amount for insurance, but the last time I checked (when I was 70) the price was astronomical - about half of my pension, and now it is no longer actually an availble option.

How about a fund to help us "oldies" who can't get cover at all? 

I'm in the same boat. Last week I found a policy that was for both travellers and ex-pats. Age up to 100. However, the maximum pay-out was only 100,000 Euros. It is available to those already abroad which isn't normally possible. The problem is that as it is essentially travel insurance, coverage ends when you are fit enough to travel. Therefore, you couldn't remain in Thailand and would have to return to your home country to continue treatment under whatever scheme operates there. Previously existing conditions (whether diagnosed or not) wouldn't be covered. The policy is issued out of Slovenia so for any disputes you would be dealing with their ombudsman. I haven't taken it out.  

• Like 2

Well I just registered my partner and myself for cover on their website. 30 day stay, I am 78 and she is 45. It went thru OK and we got QR codes to confirm. I hope we don't need it but the process is in place and working. 

• Thanks 1