Mites: The recent bane of my existence!

My Fellow Members of TV:

I have lived a LONG time.

During my time on Earth, I have never been bothered by parasites, be they internal or "external" parasites, nor the parasites of Pattaya, of which I have read much on TV.

But now, truth be told, I am suffering, My Fellows.

Therefore, what to do?

In my case, I believe I am now plagued by two types of parasites:

1.  The Scabies parasite

2.  The common dust mite

As to how this could have happened, I have been racking my brain trying to understand this terrible turn of events in my life.

I will not bore you with the particulars concerning what it FEELS LIKE to be INFESTED.

Someday, if you are unlucky enough, you might discover for yourselves, first hand, just what a pleasurable experience this might be.

Here, now, I am asking for your support and advice concerning how best to rid myself of these pesky parasites, all in one go.

For example, I have thought about buying a 10-dollah tent, pitching the tent in my compound, on the lawn, and sleeping, working, and relaxing, out in the very hot sun of Thailand, just waiting for the parasites to realize that their kind host has left them, just waiting for them to die, Die, DIE!

I will be pleased to answer any pertinent questions concerning my environment and my living conditions, just so that you might suggest the best strategy for ridding me of these BEASTLY Bugs!

If you wish, I will be happy to upload photos supporting my claim that I am, indeed, thoroughly infested.

During the recent months of my infestation, life has not been so pleasant, which is only to be expected.

And, I dearly HOPE that you ALL will never be called upon, by LIFE, to endure what I have been enduring during these difficult months.

Any suggestions?

If so, then you know where to post your thoughts....

HERE, in the comments section below.

Wishing all on TV health and happiness in Thailand....

Regards,

Gamma

NOTE:  While living on The Main Line, just outside of Philly, I never expected or anticipated that, one day, I might be infested by TWO Types of parasites, all at once.  Those were the good ole days.  Yet, never say never, and it has happened to me, in my golden years.  I hope this never happens to you.  When I lived on the Main Line, we had servants to manage things like parasites.  And now, I find, in my twilight years, that I must deal with this semi-difficult, and troublesome, situation, myself.

But now worries, because, I shall overcome.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

21 minutes ago, Crossy said:

@GammaGlobulin would you like this moving to Health for serious responses??

As you know, I prefer the Farang Pub, in all cases.

You should know me, by now, Mr. C.

Thank you for asking, however.

(I meant:  The Farang Pub AND the Lounge Forum, of course.  Mr. M. told me that I really belong ONLY in the lounge. He is right, as usual, of course!)

Edited by GammaGlobulin
  • Like 1
  • Sad 2

Scabies is a skin to skin infection in the majority of cases, only curable with ointments etc. Google it.

Dust mites live in dust! and can cause asthma and eczema. Thorough washing of bedding, and hoovering (other vacuum cleaners are available) of solid surfaces will help. They DO NOT bite or burrow into the skin. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, scottiejohn said:

So that means it is yet another non serious and meaningless post from you!

Why do you feel the need to inflict your asinine thoughts on us mere mortals?

He wasn't talking to us lot, he was talking to TV members!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

In my case, I believe I am now plagued by two types of parasites:

1.  The Scabies parasite

2.  The common dust mite

As to how this could have happened, I have been racking my brain trying to understand this terrible turn of events in my life.

Before I dive into this, I would like to ask the following questions.

Do you live alone ?

If you do not live alone, are there any other family members infected, or do they have what you have or see what you have or even see what you see ?

These are serious question, I am not taking the p-ss out of you, just trying to understand the broader picture if there is one.

14 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Scabies is a skin to skin infection in the majority of cases, only curable with ointments etc. Google it.

Dust mites live in dust! and can cause asthma and eczema. Thorough washing of bedding, and hoovering (other vacuum cleaners are available) of solid surfaces will help. They DO NOT bite or burrow into the skin. 

Let us not forget the importance of FOMITES!

I had crabs in high school before the internet and I wasn't living with my parents and probably wouldn't have told them any.  Rubbing alcohol was my choice.  Figured it was really good at killing germs...  It will kill most things including  scabies but thinking a whole body, In my case, -only my Johnson, might have complications.  Definately clean all surfaces with rubbing alcohol or something powerful.  Take all your clothes to the new laundromats they have all over Thailand that have HOT dryers.

Can be upsetting.  Do you feel them now frolicking in your epidermis?

One more thought, my Fellows:

I plan to get rid and sell, second-hand, my entire bedding collection.

If anyone might wish to bid on my extensive bedding collection, just let me know, and I will post some photos here, and then send it to you.

I will pay the shipping costs, too!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, petermik said:

There isn`t one...the chap lives up in cloud cuckoo land...avoid :crying:

In that case it could be "Tactical Hallucinations" hence the reason I was asking the questions. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, 4MyEgo said:

Before I dive into this, I would like to ask the following questions.

Do you live alone ?

If you do not live alone, are there any other family members infected, or do they have what you have or see what you have or even see what you see ?

These are serious question, I am not taking the p-ss out of you, just trying to understand the broader picture if there is one.

Finally!

A decent comment!

So then, here is my decent reply:

a.  Of course I live alone!  I have always stated that I live alone!  Nothing has changed on this front.

b.  There is nobody here to see what I see, other than the Thai Myna birds, and a few starlings, and some pigeons.

c.  You have asked a serious question, and I have replied in an honest and serious way.

If you have any further questions, concerning my..."CONDITION", then please ask away!  I will reply honestly.

My condition is.......OK, but not great, since living with parasites cannot be too good, I guess.

If I had my choice, at the moment, I think I would move to The Hamptons!!!!!!!!!!!,.....

Right about now!!!!!!!

I would just sit outside by the Long Island ocean, and let the mites remain in Chiang Mai, MINUS their host!

image.png.f35793af40f24b33199a310be4765095.png

I never ONCE had a problem with mites on Long Island!!!!!!!!!

Mites are not welcome among the rich, as you might know.

26 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Oh Gamma, get back in your tent, without WiFi please.

Yes!

You are CORRECT!

I may buy a cheap tent, then sleep on my lawn, for about 7 days.

(This is NOT a joke!!!!!!!)

I will first get treated, then sleep on my lawn!!!!

Actually, thank you very much for your suggestion, one which I have already considered.

The scabies will DIE, DIE, DIE, within 72 hours, maybe 5 days, if they are lucky.

Therefore, I could just buy a cheap tent...and then sleep outside, while the mites starve to death, without their unwilling host.

YES.

This tent idea is one of the best.

I will keep you posted about this.

My only concern might be the noise of low overflying aircraft.

In side my house, I can deal with it.

But, if I were to live on the lawn for a few days, this might not be so acceptable.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, swerve said:

3 cheers for scabies and dust mites.

I second your sentiment, wholeheartedly.

I am willing to endure, almost anything, in order to provide fodder for the grist to this Forum Mill.

Edited by GammaGlobulin

24 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

There is nobody here to see what I see, other than the Thai Myna birds, and a few starlings, and some pigeons.

Where do bird mites come from?

Bird mites are found throughout the United States and in different countries. They prefer warm climates, so they’re typically active during the spring and early summer.

These mites originate in birds like chickens, pigeons, sparrows, and starlings — but also live near bird nests.

Even though bird mites need the blood of birds to complete their life cycle and survive, they can bite humans. Human blood, though, isn’t enough for survival.

Symptoms of a bird mite bite are similar to bites of other insects and mites. You may develop small red bumps or a crawling sensation on your skin. Bird mite bites also cause itching, which can be severe at times.

https://www.healthline.com/health/bird-mites

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, atpeace said:

had crabs in high school before the internet and I wasn't living with my parents and probably wouldn't have told them any.  Rubbing alcohol was my choice.  

No crabs in Thailand, deforestation got them!

• Like 1