lets fight

stoner

I been fighting hard daily training BJJ, super tough, doing it for years.

No big street fights.

But fighting is my hobby, not to hurt someone or anything like that but to master martial arts, and BJJ is hardest master in my opinion, and it's very effective.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

I was in a lot of fights in my former employment. 

My feeling is even if you are older, be prepared.  Some basic self defense training is essential I think, especially here where parking in a parking space or saying one thing can lead to confrontation. 

Same here.  Over a 20 year span many times.  Some people did not like getting handcuffed and certainly did not want to go to jail.  A guy I used to work had part of his ear ripped off by an unhappy customer.  

A bit off topic, sorry.....but do you remember the movie, Fight Club with Brad Pitt and Edward Norton. It premiered in 1999, 25 years ago and a special edition anniversary relaunch is planned.

It is also being streamed on Disney as we speak....a suitable movie for kids? Who knows what is suitable these days...anyway the femme fatale Marla (Helena Bonham Carter) was great in the movie as well.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, stoner said:

that is amazing. i use cannabis every day and have never been in a fight in all my life too. 

Give that <deleted> away then ifyou would like to win one! lol

1 hour ago, stoner said:

have you ever been in fight before ? a good dust up. a punch out if you may. did you win or lose ? broken bones or just ego ? who has some good stories. 

I’ve been in many , as a lad!

I got knocked out once .

Anothertime, I was fighting a  bullie of my cousin and his dog jumped me from behind and bit my back!

When I was younger, I was in a few fights. Won some, lost some.

My last fight was with a trained boxer, I was lucky he was drunk.

After that, I decided I needed some training myself. I was working in a place which was like the Wild West.

I asked a jiu-jutsu champion there to teach me. He taught me a lot about fighting, and pushing through pain.

I never had another fight.  H also taught me to walk away. I never looked for trouble.

Too old nowadays to even think of fighting, although in extremis I do know some of the dirtiest tricks around.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Celsius said:

what about keyboard fight?

a lot of "fighting" in the real world (not only online) takes place verbally/psychologically ie directing hostility towards enemies ...

because most people don't want to attract police attention. 

5 hours ago, stoner said:

have you ever been in fight before ? a good dust up. a punch out if you may. did you win or lose ? broken bones or just ego ? who has some good stories. 

Fighting is stupid. Avoid unless self defence. Pretty difficult to get in fights in Thailand I find. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uttradit said:

Fighting is stupid. Avoid unless self defence. Pretty difficult to get in fights in Thailand I find. 

not necessarily.

some people, the only way they can learn to be a decent human being, is through a beating.

i don't fight, but sometimes the bouncers in those bars handling idiots with beatings serves its purpose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

No - I have been a fill in bouncer at a well known North Hollywood CW bar = fortunately mostly unchallenged ..... Although I had to disarm a situation involving a 44 magnum when I just happened to be there, mainly because I was standing behind the guy that he was aiming at across a pool table.....The bullet would have gone through both of us....

One time in Napa I tossed a guy out the front door by his collar & belt that was blindsiding other patrons punching them as their backs were turned - he was picking & choosing who to bully.... I'm not really sure why I ran him & settled the situation, it was just a reactionary experience.....I got an ovation & free drinks for the effort....

Little did the guy know that the woman I was there with was crazier & more dangerous than he could ever be .....She was dynamite in the sack though.....But, she's a story for another time.....

Edited by pgrahmm