Biden: Impeachment inquiry should be dropped after key source was indicted

Social Media

29 minutes ago, Wrwest said:

Agreed. I look forward to the trial of Alexander Smirnov

He'll plead out, no trial.

Where is Devon Archer when you need him?

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/supreme-court/supreme-court-rejects-devon-archer-appeal-criminal-case-rcna134701

https://www.politifact.com/article/2023/aug/04/transcript-of-devon-archer-testimony-doesnt-back-k/

I assume this Alexander Smirnov is not the Russian figure skater?

Who is he?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Eric Loh said:

If Comer and Jordan knew all along that their key source was fabricating the false accusation, they should be investigated by the House Ethics Committee for use of their position for personal gain and misuse of Congressional resources. Will patiently wait for the discovery during the trial. 

Should be done for all the ridiculous impeachments and political investigations.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, ozimoron said:

Does this sound like deja vue?

He was exceptionally nationalistic, meaning he touted the importance of his country above all the others. In the public eye, Hitler was thus seen as a bully who kept taking and wanting more and more. His hunger for power and conquest made him a danger to the whole of Europe. 

https://www.studentsofhistory.com/appeasement-before-ww2

Are you implying that Trump will likely to spark WW3? I am with you. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Eric Loh said:

Are you implying that Trump will likely to spark WW3? I am with you. 

Totally. Remember how GW Bush's popularity rose when he invaded Iraq? John Howard in Australia avoided certain defeat in a looming election for the same reason. War is a gift to sitting presidents.

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, radiochaser said:

I. Papadopoulos Knew Nothing about the DNC Emails — and Probably Nothing about Any Emails

The one and only source for the email component of the story is George Papadopoulos. He, of course, is a convicted liar — convicted, in fact, of lying to the FBI during the very same interviews in which he related the detail about emails. Moreover, the Mueller report confirms that he is simply unreliable: To inflate his importance, he overhyped his credentials and repeatedly misled his Trump-campaign superiors regarding his discussions with people be believed had connections to the Russian regime — who they were and what they were in a position to promise.

Other than Papadopoulos’s own word, there is no evidence — none — that he was told about emails by Joseph Mifsud, a Maltese academic whom the FBI and the Mueller investigation deceptively portrayed as a Russian agent. As I’ve previously detailed, because the investigation could not establish that Mifsud was a Russian agent, Mueller’s charge against Papadopoulos is artfully framed to obscure this weakness. Carefully parsed, Mueller allegation is that Papadopoulos had reason to believe Mifsud was a Russian agent — not that Mifsud actually was one.

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/05/fbi-trump-russia-investigation-george-papadopoulos/

"ANDREW C. MCCARTHY is a senior fellow at National Review Institute, an NR contributing editor, and author of BALL OF COLLUSION: THE PLOT TO RIG AN ELECTION AND DESTROY A PRESIDENCY" 😆

Anyway, the IG investigation confirmed the Russia investigation was properly predicated.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, placeholder said:

Right. Why shouldn't Congress conduct impeachment investigations on whomever they please, regardless of evidence?

I never said that Congress should just start impeachment investigations on whomever they please without evidence, you made that up.

Edited by expat_4_life

6 hours ago, radiochaser said:

"Should" those who supported the Steele dossier, Russia gate investigation against Trump, also go back and correct their posts?

The Steele dossier was never intended as a source of facts, it was compiled as a collection of rumors about Trump, funded by Republicans. It was just raw data.

It happens that a significant fraction of those rumors were true.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1