Foreigner Detained After Causing Traffic Disruption in Pattaya

webfact

55 minutes ago, webfact said:

officers found the man, who was not wearing a shirt, walking erratically in the roadway.

I see people like this in Bangkok on Sukhumvit ALL the time....

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Concerned for the man’s safety and that of others, officers attempted to communicate with him. However, due to his reported intoxication, the communication was difficult.

Everything looks the same through the beer goggles.

20 minutes ago, mikebell said:

Stands to reason; he was intoxicated and not wearing a shirt: it's obviously a Brit.

That is the explanation of many locals here daily. Especially on the daily news. Many not wearing shirts looking to expose their skinny, or out of shape bodies for their 15 minutes of shame. Hot weather isn't an excuse, as being from Texas before here, I never saw anyone on TV not wearing a shirt, and it's hotter there on average than it is here. Of course that comment is prejudiced also, and doesn't warrant much of a response.

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

Timeline: Maybe 8 years ago
Location: Asoke, near the juction with Sukhumvit Rd, BKK (in the vicinity of the Siam Society bldg).
Event: Farang man walking down the street as naked as the day he was born. (His hands covering the 'crown jewels').

I saw many bizarre things during my years in Thailand  but I think that was the most 'memorable'!😁

(His nationality not determinable).

3 hours ago, fredwiggy said:

That is the explanation of many locals here daily. Especially on the daily news. Many not wearing shirts looking to expose their skinny, or out of shape bodies for their 15 minutes of shame. Hot weather isn't an excuse, as being from Texas before here, I never saw anyone on TV not wearing a shirt, and it's hotter there on average than it is here. Of course that comment is prejudiced also, and doesn't warrant much of a response.

"skinny, or out of shape bodies" I most cases what I have seen with shirtless bodies is being overweight with big bellies and big titties. These guys should be arrested.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Maybe Scottish .....

growing up all of my friends made fun of my parents. they called my dad marble mouth. i actually had to translate at times. they are both from glasgow but i was born in canada.

41 minutes ago, stoner said:

growing up all of my friends made fun of my parents. they called my dad marble mouth. i actually had to translate at times. they are both from glasgow but i was born in canada.

I had an old Scottish friend in Bangkok and had to sometimes translate for our American mutual friend.🙂 Wally was from the borders area, to my ear never had a 'thick' accent, as some from Glasgow do.

I spent some time working in Australia, some of the young Ozzies I worked with had parents who had emigrated from the UK. They used to say mum & dad had Ozzie accents, but only when they weren't drunk, at which point they would revert to Geordie or Scouse or whatever, which their Ozzie kids (my colleagues) could imitate, very funny!😆

Edited by Andrew65

3 hours ago, stoner said:

growing up all of my friends made fun of my parents. they called my dad marble mouth.

But Gordon Brown speaks beautiful Received Pronunciation, or "posh," as our forum Brits would call it. How can that be?

2 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Which would make him British.

British people are the citizens of the United Kingdom that includes Scotland.

It was a p*ss take on the two Cameroonian guys who killed the Burmese guy recently and were initially described as Scottish.