Where can I get Genuine NGK spark plugs

I am about to change my Honda civic spark plugs as the last service they said they were needed and wanted over 8000baht for 4 with fitting

I know all the bs Lazada /shopee 100% genuine are not worth buying but trying to find an official ngk suppler as not managed to find any.

Ebay is full of copies just trying to find a genuine store.

Any help would be great as I am sure they are not 2000baht+ and only take 10minutes to change

1 hour ago, kwak250 said:

Any help would be great as I am sure they are not 2000baht+ and only take 10minutes to change

The set I bought for my truck were 250 Baht. 2000 each sounds a bit steep. Unless the Civic engine needs to be removed to change them. Most expensive on lazada 1350 a set.

The one I bought for my scooter was 388 but..the only 10 heat range I could find.

20 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

The set I bought for my truck were 250 Baht. 2000 each sounds a bit steep. Unless the Civic engine needs to be removed to change them. Most expensive on lazada 1350 a set.

The one I bought for my scooter was 388 but..the only 10 heat range I could find.

Yes i do think 2000 each is steep but also 1350 baht a set sounds very cheap .almost 100% fake
i was expecting maybe 4-5000 baht which makes me sure at around 340b baht baht each they are going to be fake

they do have sets over 1350 

I have heard fake spark plugs are fine for about 7-8k then you can get problems

I also put a 180 baht spark plug in our yamaha filano and its fine but then its not expensive to replace
This set is what i was going to buy but not seen any sold
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ngk-laser-iridium-ilzkar8h8s-honda-civic-fc-tea-2017-city-p10a6-10l-2019-i4177277721-s16425774211.html?

• Sad 1

Unlike other countries, the labour cost for changing plugs is not that great so you don't need super long-life plugs. I replace mine at every oil change. So, for me, every 10,000 kms.

• Confused 1

5 hours ago, VocalNeal said:

Unlike other countries, the labour cost for changing plugs is not that great so you don't need super long-life plugs. I replace mine at every oil change. So, for me, every 10,000 kms.

I change plugs as its a 10 minute job very easy to do
Oil changes i let Honda do
Never heard of anyone changing plugs every 10k ?

Edited by kwak250
  • Agree 1

14 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Yes i do think 2000 each is steep but also 1350 baht a set sounds very cheap .almost 100% fake
i was expecting maybe 4-5000 baht which makes me sure at around 340b baht baht each they are going to be fake

they do have sets over 1350 

I have heard fake spark plugs are fine for about 7-8k then you can get problems

I also put a 180 baht spark plug in our yamaha filano and its fine but then its not expensive to replace
This set is what i was going to buy but not seen any sold
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/ngk-laser-iridium-ilzkar8h8s-honda-civic-fc-tea-2017-city-p10a6-10l-2019-i4177277721-s16425774211.html?

B1,900 a set in the US from the NKG, so 1,350 does not seem that cheap. 

If it's the right thread and the right length, it can't really hurt the engine, unless the electrode falls off. 

NGK.com: ILZKAR8H8S NGK 95112 Iridium Spark Plug - Best Car Spark Plug Replacement

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Agree 1

10 hours ago, kwak250 said:

Never heard of anyone changing plugs every 10k ?

2 hours ago, Yellowtail said:

Not since the '70s anyways...

I run LPG which is hard on plugs and ignition system. Used to be difficult to find heat range 6 plugs instead of stock 5 as dealers only sold std. plugs for specific vehicles. So I changed the 5 at every oil change. Now I can buy cheap "taxi" plugs but the habit persists.

There are two critical factors that need to be understood when converting a vehicle from petrol to LPG:

• LPG burns hotter
  • LPG increases the voltage requirement at the electrode gap

In an attempt to correct these two factors, as a general rule we suggest to:

Use a spark plug that is one heat range colder than standard to compensate for the increased heat from LPG:

https://www.ngk.com.au/technical_info/lpg-compatibility/