Hilarious and honest or boorish and bigoted? The enduring appeal of Jeremy Clarkson

Social Media

45 minutes ago, Dolf said:

So you are another bigot then. Approving a guy who called asians "slopes".

Read the actual transcript!

After completing work on their bridge in Thailand, presenters Jeremy Clarkson and Richard Hammond make fun of the double meaning of the world 'slope' in an exchange. Clarkson begins with "that is a proud moment, but there's a slope on it" to which Hammond replies "you're right, it's definitely higher on that side".

In the scene, a single Thai worker can be seen walking across the bridge.

Slope Controversy | Top Gear Wiki | Fandom

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Red Forever said:

He's in the same camp as disgraced former president Trump, disgraced former PM Johnson and disgraced former MEP Farage.

The common denominator is that Clarkson and the three aforementioned have all led privileged lives and have an air of self entitlement.

Yes, Clarkson is an entitled bigot.

Disgraceful and bigoted comment. 

• Haha 1
  • Agree 1

23 hours ago, Red Forever said:

He's in the same camp as disgraced former president Trump, disgraced former PM Johnson and disgraced former MEP Farage.

The common denominator is that Clarkson and the three aforementioned have all led privileged lives and have an air of self entitlement.

Yes, Clarkson is an entitled bigot.

He has a good head for radio. Not sure why he ended up on TV. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

People hate Clarkson because he speaks the truth and that won't do in our liberal PC society. He's a Yorkshireman, what do you expect! 🤔

The article paints a picture of contradiction between him being liked for his "outspoken honesty" and disliked for his "boorish bigotry".

There is no contradiction.......the boorish and bigoted (and there are a lot of them about) love his boorish bigotry, which in their thuggish, narrow, ugly consciousness translates as "the truth".

The evidence for that is clear, judging by the entirely predictable chorus of approval from contributors to this thread.

They are precisely why I avoid English expats in Thailand.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, Wobblybob said:

People hate Clarkson because he speaks the truth and that won't do in our liberal PC society. He's a Yorkshireman, what do you expect! 🤔

The article paints a picture of contradiction between him being liked for his "outspoken honesty" and disliked for his "boorish bigotry".

There is no contradiction.......the boorish and bigoted (and there are a lot of them about) love his boorish bigotry, which in their thuggish, narrow, ugly consciousness translates as "the truth".

The evidence for that is clear, judging by the entirely predictable chorus of approval from contributors to this thread.

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Enoon said:

You avoid English expats in Thailand and you have the audacity to call Clarkson a bigot, do you own a mirror, if so you might try using it! 🥴

• Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Dolf said:

Not many 1 year old trains around. Plenty of racists though.

You can run bignok, but you can't hide.......555

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Wobblybob said:

You avoid English expats in Thailand and you have the audacity to call Clarkson a bigot, do you own a mirror, if so you might try using it! 🥴

Avoiding people is bigoted? 

6 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:
9 hours ago, Andycoops said:

I don't find him remotely funny in fact I consider him to be a vile piece of excrement.

and yet you apparently just had to watch the show. Are you aware that you can change the channel?

I guess the humor went right over you then. The VPOE meme was actually in the press, so would need to read another paper! 🙂

Simon Cowell in the various "got Talent" shows, Kyle Sandilands and Alan Jones in Australia. No doubt one or two in every country.

Oh dear, I nearly forgot "The Apprentice"

Plenty of money to be made being a boor, if one is clever about it.

Edited by Lacessit