Customers Complain of Bank App Deducting Money Every Minute by 33.28 Baht

webfact

10 hours ago, John Drake said:

Knew it. All the people in other topics saying my worries about being forced to use phone apps for banking were unfounded, well, let's see what happens when you have your money disappear into one of these digital black holes.

This is what will happen..

"We are urgently investigating all affected transactions. Any transactions not initiated by the cardholder and verified will be refunded within 5 business days".

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, arick said:

Another bank three years ago took my money and thousands of other customers never did get the money back or another free debit card 

Moi aussi.  I noted a number of ATM withdrawals from places I'd never visited (like Sattahip.)  This only came to light when I asked the bank to provide me with the locations of the machines.  They said I must have given my PIN to my GF despite her being with me 24/7 & being unable to drive.  Only the bank & I knew my PIN.  I never got any money back either.

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?...

"We are urgently investigating all affected transactions. Any transactions not initiated by the cardholder and verified will be refunded within 5 business days".

Yes really and I stand by my statement. How many stories have you seen on here or in the news where banks wash their hands of situations like this. They are countless.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Dan O said:
14 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Really?...

Yes really and I stand by my statement. How many stories have you seen on here or in the news where banks wash their hands of situations like this. They are countless.

Do you have personal experience of such a thing happening? 

Of all the "countless" examples of Thai banks "washing their hands of" customers whose accounts were fraudulently attacked, with no input from the customer as per the OP that you claim to be aware of, could you specify evidence of just one?   One of my own accounts was attacked similarly to the OP (Kasikorn) and the bank ensured that I was not one baht out of pocket after the fraudulent transaction was noticed.

21 hours ago, mikebell said:

Moi aussi.  I noted a number of ATM withdrawals from places I'd never visited (like Sattahip.)  This only came to light when I asked the bank to provide me with the locations of the machines.  They said I must have given my PIN to my GF despite her being with me 24/7 & being unable to drive.  Only the bank & I knew my PIN.  I never got any money back either.

Is it a bank that starts with a B they say that chestnut to everybody contact the bank and ask them to send you a dispute form and fill out the dispute form and they will reimburse you regardless if it's a debit card or credit card. Call the bank and demand a dispute form being emailed out to you ASAP.

• Agree 1

On 2/20/2024 at 8:39 AM, retarius said:

This is shocking. It confirms my decision not to use mobile phone banking as it seems that every scam involves mobile banking. I have easy access to banks and am retired so I can afford to bank in person and not risk my funds being drained by a mobile app. My prediction is that 'the mobile app had a glitch' will become a much more commonly used excuse for missing funds. 

So many featured these days depend on mobile banking to pay for things.. and when it works well, it is very very convenient. From the electricity bill, the water bill, and an order of some cat food, all done from the sofa at home..... to paying for the weekly shop at Big-C or even a round of drinks in a Go-Go bar!

This repeat incident,(it happened a few years ago at some other banks), seems so obvious it is pathetic the bank's own software did not detect it!

2 hours ago, arick said:

Is it a bank that starts with a B they say that chestnut to everybody contact the bank and ask them to send you a dispute form and fill out the dispute form and they will reimburse you regardless if it's a debit card or credit card. Call the bank and demand a dispute form being emailed out to you ASAP.

You've correctly identified the bank.  The incident took place a long time ago when UKP was riding high & I wasn't as concerned as I would be now.  The withdrawals were all for my normal sum; again only the bank & I knew what that was.

On 2/20/2024 at 2:11 PM, topt said:

So don't agree.

I stopped some of the SCB permissions which I did not think were required and the app still works.

Please explain how they do that and why? The app has internet or mobile data access to work so why would they go via the ATM?

Banks unfortunately dont always have the customers interests at heart. For example you would think when information is presented to them regarding a scam they would do something about it. Probably watch it to see if anything was out of the ordinary but they dont.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Photoguy21 said:

Banks unfortunately dont always have the customers interests at heart. For example you would think when information is presented to them regarding a scam they would do something about it. Probably watch it to see if anything was out of the ordinary but they dont.

I am not going to argue with what you have just said.

However what has your reply above got anything to do with the question I asked...........

You said -

For a start they want you to agree to them having access to all your private data on your phone then the ATM machines transfer your data

I asked how they use the ATM to transfer your personal "data" and why..........(since wi fi and or mobile data would be available)

Maybe Putin is sourcing more funds for his Ukraine invasion! (Just a wild theory).  Russian hackers are notorious for hitting large institutions.  Micro debits multiplied by few million can make a decent fraud scam very profitable. 

• Agree 1

• 1 month later...