Should we all be lying flat these days?

Perhaps you do not know?

What does it mean to LIE FLAT, in today's context?

lying flat, at least in China, is sort of a rebellion against traditional mores.

Maybe I am more tuned-in to what is happening in China than you.

Here is what Lying Flat actually means:

image.png.8c95fad4bfa99d24b6cf4fccb5b1e5b6.png

By the way, guys...

As you know, I am a genius....and...

This is why I know a lot about many things that you may have never heard of.

I can't help myself for mentioning to you things that you might not know about.

My opinion, honestly, is that you guys are basically quite ignorant about what is happening in China.

===========

Well, anyway, please do your best.

Try to form an opinion about whether or not you think lying flat might be a good thing.

I think it's a good thing.

And, as well, anyone who reads about Lying Flat, might choose to lie flat, too.

==================

Also, there is absolutely NO WAY that the Chinese Communist Party can combat the movement to just Lie Flat.

This, my fellows, is the true beauty of Lying Flat.

What do you think, then?

Are the days of the CCP now numbered?

But, I think, the Lying Flat movement is even more than a political stance.

I think that the young people of China are just beginning to REJECT the values of China, post-cultural revolution.

=======================

In my opinion, Lying Flat is NOT shameful.

We will see just how far this goes.

This is a very understated and underappreciated revolution.

I will join the revolution, if I can.

Regards,

Gamma

Note: Someday, I will do my best to lie flat in a tub, for example, in a Soapy Massage Parlor, with a beauty above me, rubbing me with her tits.  (I have never even been to a bar, so far.  And, so, this might not happen soon.)   Yes, true, I have never been to either a bar or a Soapy Massage Parlor, in Thailand.  And, maybe this is what is wrong with me....

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, PingRoundTheWorld said:

You forgot to mention one of the best benefits of the lying flat movement: less Chinese spending money outside China and driving prices artificially high in other countries.

Seriously though, China is in deep trouble between lying flat combined with a rapidly aging population without young workers to support retirees, real estate market on the brink of collapse, stock market down 21% since 2021, and a government unwilling to take steps necessary to fix all of this. The pre-Covid China that TAT has wet dreams about doesn't exist anymore, and it's only going to get worse.

I think China is NOT in trouble, as you say.

The young people of China are just beginning to get wise.

It is only the CPC that is now in trouble.

LONG LIVE...

Gordon Chang!

• Thumbs Up 1

Similar to Quiet Quitting in the USA:

Quiet quitting is when employees continue to put in the minimum amount of effort to keep their jobs, but don't go the extra mile for their employer. This might mean not speaking up in meetings, not volunteering for tasks, and refusing to work overtime. It might also result in greater absenteeism.

Edited by CartagenaWarlock

14 minutes ago, CartagenaWarlock said:

Similar to Quiet Quitting in the USA:

Quiet quitting is when employees continue to put in the minimum amount of effort to keep their jobs, but don't go the extra mile for their employer. This might mean not speaking up in meetings, not volunteering for tasks, and refusing to work overtime. It might also result in greater absenteeism.

image.png.ff35ae1e2f610de505f88031152da62f.png

Every dog has his day.

And, now, it seems, my good friend Gordon will soon have his day.

By the way, Gordon is from Cornell, a sub-standard Ivy school.

Gordon is quite a nice guy....

He has hoped for the downfall of the CPC, for many years.

NOW....I just hope that Gordon will finally have his day.....

Edited by GammaGlobulin

996 ... the should be so lucky.

When I drove a truck, it was 80 hrs a week (5 day week).   When I worked for NWA, it was also 16 hr days, OK, only 2 a week w/5 days off, and both of those, truck & NWA was voluntary.  As I could have worked elsewhere.

Then there was the 18 hr days, when I worked at EWR, 12 hr shift and drove 6 hrs a day R/T from below Philly. for a 5 day week, so 90 hr week w/transport.  During 1980 recession, so not that much choice, if wanting to stay working for airlines.

9 minutes ago, KhunLA said:

996 ... the should be so lucky.

When I drove a truck, it was 80 hrs a week (5 day week).   When I worked for NWA, it was also 16 hr days, OK, only 2 a week w/5 days off, and both of those, truck & NWA was voluntary.  As I could have worked elsewhere.

Then there was the 18 hr days, when I worked at EWR, 12 hr shift and drove 6 hrs a day R/T from below Philly. for a 5 day week, so 90 hr week w/transport.  During 1980 recession, so not that much choice, if wanting to stay working for airlines.

NWA

EWR

R/T

Honestly, I am not so sure what these mean.

image.png.5c4c062f51bdd2ca15568eee340e2fa8.png

So, then...

You drove a tuck is all I know.

But, your abbreviations are too truncated for me to understand.

1 minute ago, GammaGlobulin said:

NWA

EWR

R/T

Honestly, I am not so sure what these mean.

image.png.5c4c062f51bdd2ca15568eee340e2fa8.png

So, then...

You drove a tuck is all I know.

But, your abbreviations are too truncated for me to understand.

NorthWest Airlines

Newark (NJ) (airport code)

Round Trip

I have to lie flat to get relief from back pain. Chronic osteoarthritis of the lower spine, caused by years of hauling and chainsawing firewood.

I sleep lying on either side, can't sleep when lying flat on my back. I occasionally nod off if I am getting a massage in that position.

Spare a thought for the people who shear sheep. The warm jacket or pullover you wear came at the cost of their backs. It's the most crippling of any profession in that respect.

Pretty good odds they lie flat as much as they can.

I have to lie flat to get relief from back pain. Chronic osteoarthritis of the lower spine, caused by years of hauling and chainsawing firewood.

I sleep lying on either side, can't sleep when lying flat on my back. I occasionally nod off if I am getting a massage in that position.

Spare a thought for the people who shear sheep. The warm jacket or pullover you wear came at the cost of their backs. It's the most crippling of any profession in that respect.

Pretty good odds they lie flat as much as they can.

29 minutes ago, GammaGlobulin said:

image.png.86dc4a73eb54d079d1fbc1b04a2cff0b.png

I once flew NWA fairly regularly from USA to Taipei.

The crew were OK.

I worked for AeroMech (W. Virginia) commuter, use to subcontract for Allegheny Airlines/US Air, back in the day (1978/79), @ Beckley W.V.  Now merged with Wright Airlines:

image.png.dba404a11a7c9e771f311af7127558d4.png

Then Altair Airlines, regional based in Philly ... (worked at EWR) and jumped ship before they went bankrupt.  Saw that coming.

image.png.666eea2839b080e5a787164545ca020e.png

Then Continental Airlines, started at EWR, then PHL, then they went bankrupt, and I got laid off.   Enough already, so went self employed from then forward.

10 yrs later, getting older (33 yrs old), thinking about retirement, not really needing money to live on, but thought I might need 'free' health insurance', (never did) and almost 'free flight' to recon retirement locations while having fun, so applied to the only airlines that allowed beards, NWA & US Air, both hired me the same week, so went with NWA, full time & better pay.   13 yrs 3 months later, and I retired here/TH.

23+ yrs later, and I'm chit chatting to you  :cheesy:

When living at Udon Thani, met another like minded NWA retiree there.  The world is quite small at times.

Edited by KhunLA
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Perhaps you do not know?

lying flat, at least in China, is sort of a rebellion against traditional mores.

By the way, guys...

My opinion, honestly, is that you guys are basically quite ignorant about what is happening in China.

===========

Try to form an opinion about whether or not you think lying flat might be a good thing.

==================

Also, there is absolutely NO WAY that the Chinese Communist Party can combat the movement to just Lie Flat.

What do you think, then?

I think that the young people of China are just beginning to REJECT the values of China, post-cultural revolution.

=======================

Regards,

Gamma

Note: Someday, I will do my best to lie flat in a tub, for example, in a Soapy Massage Parlor, with a beauty above me, rubbing me with her tits.  (I have never even been to a bar, so far.  And, so, this might not happen soon.)   Yes, true, I have never been to either a bar or a Soapy Massage Parlor, in Thailand.  And, maybe this is what is wrong with me....

Pathetic.

10 hours ago, GammaGlobulin said:

Perhaps you do not know?

By the way, guys...

===========

==================

What do you think, then?

=======================

Regards,

Gamma

I'm thinking your "social score rating" will take this anti-social attitude into account. "Vie have our days to make you conform ..."

@GammaGlobulin - Mental illness is a treatable condition in many cases. So my kind advice to you, who has obviously mistaken his own chronic buffoonery for genius, is to wheel yourself down to the nearest sanitarium and beg the good people there for some immediate professional help.

And, if by any unforeseeable reason they happen to refuse you as a case study, then I would be delighted to attest to your valid need to be immediately strapped down naked to a gurney and prodded with all sorts of sharp metal objects until they are able to conclude the nature of your disastrous condition.

In the interim, for the greater good of humanity, I beg that you immediately pour a healthy dose of 100% hydrogen peroxide on top of all of your electronic device keyboards in order to help prevent your urge to continue to pollute any online communities with your insatiable drivel. 

Frankly, it surprises even the lowest depths of humanity that you are able to walk around upright, instead using all 4 limbs to move forward, and without plunging your vapid tongue into cow dung 100 times per hour. 

• Love It 1

35 minutes ago, ABCDBKK said:

The most painful thing anyone can do to this internet troll is to ignore his inane scribblings. Let's try it. 

There are always some gems among the pig flop.

GG reminds me of a dotty uncle at our family gatherings, who in his meandering sometimes came out with something worth listening to.

• Agree 1