Is it safe to use a public WASHLET?

On 2/22/2024 at 3:43 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems they also have their downsides.

I know a woman who thought they are a good idea. And then she had problems with her skin in that area.

She visited a doctor and the doctor advised against using those wet wipes all the time. 

Bad info from the doctor.. They only spray water from the inlet water line and don't cause any problems like posted. No different than what comes from the sink or shower.. You can get them that dispense  deodorizer fragrance but it goes toward the bowl not your butt

Use all the time at work. Obviously pooping outside the home is unplanned. Nevertheless, I've got no problem using that gun and have so for decades

These are the same morons that are worried about street food pathogens.

Just go back to your country and stop worrying 😭

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Sluglord said:

Use all the time at work. Obviously pooping outside the home is unplanned. Nevertheless, I've got no problem using that gun and have so for decades

These are the same morons that are worried about street food pathogens.

I use the Toilets for the disabled, as most supermarkets don't have a bum gun, I find spreading poo around with a bit of tissue is disgusting and unhygienic, I'd rather scoop water out of the very clean bowl after flushing a few times. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Dan O said:

Bad info from the doctor.. They only spray water from the inlet water line and don't cause any problems like posted. No different than what comes from the sink or shower.. You can get them that dispense  deodorizer fragrance but it goes toward the bowl not your butt

My comment was about wet tissues, which someone recommended. See above. 

6 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

My comment was about wet tissues, which someone recommended. See above. 

the way you wrote it was a bit confusing and I read the issue was with the other way. my bad

Whenever visiting Japan the usual.... 'caught out and about after a boozy night' issue is never a concern... 

So when its time for the 'pooh at two'....  there's no need for concern....  and thats anywhere in the country.

No need to worry about how the knees will hold up, will I slip over squatting etc... no need to worry about paper who who's held the handle of the little bucket scoop thingy...  no need to worry about 'drying paper'.... etc...  Or even in the posher places, no need to worry about water all over the floor... 

Japanese toilets are a privilege to use....    Even at a recent service station, middle of winter and outside toilet had a warm seat...

And, on topic, the 'nozzle' referred to in the Op is self cleaning an self sanitising so there is no risk of 'cross contamination'.... 

The Thai BumGun on the other hand...  erm... urgh... 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, OnTheLash said:
7 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

How?

I guess there will be some kind of sensor to make sure a person is sitting on the toilet.

Press the button. No sensor!

I had a mate visiting years ago... 

We were in a Mall which had the Japanese toilets with all the 'buttons'....

He went, and asked, "hey what do all these buttons do...  ???"

... "I dunno, press one and see"....   expecting a surprised shriek, I instead saw my friend bowling out of the cubicle in hysterics, soaking wet....  He knew he'd been caught out...  He'd pressed the button, watched a nozzle come out which sprayed water all up his front !!!... 

Edited by richard_smith237
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sluglord said:

ah... I haven't seen the "if you don't like it go back to you own country" type comment for a while... 

I thought the Aseannow community on whole had realised how pathetic such a statement is....

And, getting caught out and about in a unclean public restroom and also getting ill from unhygienic food is genuine concern for many... 

No ??? ....  Go to India and eat and poop everywhere and anywhere then ?.....  Fortunately the standards in Thailand are much better than India, but still a concern for some who perhaps come from more a civilised background than those happier to drop and plop anywhere without second thought.... 

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

ah... I haven't seen the "if you don't like it go back to you own country" type comment for a while... 

I thought the Aseannow community on whole had realised how pathetic such a statement is....

And, getting caught out and about in a unclean public restroom and also getting ill from unhygienic food is genuine concern for many... 

No ??? ....  Go to India and eat and poop everywhere and anywhere then ?.....  Fortunately the standards in Thailand are much better than India, but still a concern for some who perhaps come from more a civilised background than those happier to drop and plop anywhere without second thought.... 

Truly, if you fear where you live - don't live there.. yes, go home.

Thai restrooms are 500% cleaner than the cleanest public toiletsin States.

The idea that a bit of water up your bum will send you to hospital if a laff. You apparently support this ridiculous position.

I guess we know where you stand on the street food. Well, there's always McDonald's and Chester grill