Forum upgrade in progress! ×

Is it safe to use a public WASHLET?

I have to admit I never used any of those things anywhere.

In theory I know what they are doing, but in real life I don't really know what to expect. Will the water pressure be high? Will the water go to the correct position? How about if it malfunctions. To be in a public toilet and getting drained with water "out of the toilet" is a horrible thought...

But then again, I recently purchased a TOTO toilet for my new apartment, and I made sure there is a washlet seat available for that thing and I have a power outlet nearby. I think about the time when I might be old and want one. Let's see. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

Just carry a pack of those 30 Baht baby wet wipes in your bag that they sell in every convenience store in Thailand and use one of those for your clean up.

Some have alcohol and antibacterial chemicals in them too if you want that.

Also, not a bad idea to use one to wipe the seat off first before you sit down on it.

Problem solved. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, HugoFastor said:

Just carry a pack of those 30 Baht baby wet wipes in your bag that they sell in every convenience store in Thailand and use one of those for your clean up.

Also, not a bad idea to use one to wipe the seat off first before you sit down on it.

Problem solved. 

I carry wet wipes but Why? should you wipe the seat? Nobody wants to sit on an obviously crap covered seat but I do not have any open sores on my buttocks or thighs and nobody is going to be licking them until I take a hot shower. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

In theory I know what they are doing, but in real life I don't really know what to expect. Will the water pressure be high? Will the water go to the correct position? How about if it malfunctions. To be in a public toilet and getting drained with water "out of the toilet" is a horrible thought...

But then again, I recently purchased a TOTO toilet for my new apartment, and I made sure there is a washlet seat available for that thing and I have a power outlet nearby. I think about the time when I might be old and want one. Let's see. 

TOTO. High standard. I have 1 in Chiang Mai condo . Prize  possession. Hits bullseye and the temp and pressure can be adjusted. I keep the seat temp to OFF 

The water to the washlet actually comes from another hose line and not the toilet tank. I also have a bum gun the builders installed but I only use it to spray the bowl for cleaning 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I carry wet wipes but Why? should you wipe the seat? Nobody wants to sit on an obviously crap covered seat but I do not have any open sores on my buttocks or thighs and nobody is going to be licking them until I take a hot shower. 

Eeewwww........

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hokeus said:

TOTO is the Nigerian Igbo slang word for the word pus*y. It's actually a dirty word for it, more like the word c*nt. So you can all revel in that newly obtained knowledge when you're sitting at home on your porcelain toto and your feeling titillated from shooting water up your arseholio. 

Ah, so you've been watching, eh?

4 hours ago, HugoFastor said:

Problem solved. 

It seems they also have their downsides.

I know a woman who thought they are a good idea. And then she had problems with her skin in that area.

She visited a doctor and the doctor advised against using those wet wipes all the time. 

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems they also have their downsides.

I know a woman who thought they are a good idea. And then she had problems with her skin in that area.

She visited a doctor and the doctor advised against using those wet wipes all the time. 

That is a valid point about skin irritation. I've experienced it myself with some of them. There are also ones that contain 99% water and 1% fragrance and none of the harsh chemicals. If one plans to use them regularly I would look for those which shouldn't irritate the skin. The big supermarkets will also have a much bigger selection.  

1 hour ago, Stevemercer said:

Wet ones don't break down and shouldn't be flushed.

Plastic doesn't break down either, but how many thousands of tons are dumped into the ocean surrounding Thailand ever year?

1 hour ago, Gandtee said:

I had to google Washlet? If you are that concerned, buy a portable 'bum gun.' Get some target practice in in the confines of your home first. Bum guns are the best thing since sliced bread. After nearly forty years of using one its the thing I miss most when travelling abroad. Sliced bread can be a bit messy and painful if crusty and toasted.  😉

You had to google WASHLET, so what planet are you from really?

The topic  relates to the safety of the possibility’s of having small fragments of other persons fecal matter sprayed onto your anal opening. My anus  has no fissures, sores, or defects as far as I know. 

21 hours ago, Captain Monday said:

I think it is as long as you do not have any fissures on ye bungerer or open sores or lesions on your bottom.

I use the sprayer and/or the toilet seat washer (mostly imported from Japan or China).  I've been here 26+ years and never had a problem.  I use very little paper to dry my bottom.

No worries, mate.

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Captain Monday said:

You had to google WASHLET, so what planet are you from really?

The topic  relates to the safety of the possibility’s of having small fragments of other persons fecal matter sprayed onto your anal opening. My anus  has no fissures, sores, or defects as far as I know. 

Planet Earth. From a time ninety years ago when we called a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement. A time when we applied names to what there are. Like lavatory for instance. Not bathroom, restroom and similar. Planet Earth when we didn't broadcast our anus and surrounding areas to the world. I suspect you come from Uranus. 😀

6 minutes ago, Gandtee said:

Planet Earth. From a time ninety years ago when we called a spade a spade and not an agricultural implement. A time when we applied names to what there are. Like lavatory for instance. Not bathroom, restroom and similar. Planet Earth when we didn't broadcast our anus and surrounding areas to the world. I suspect you come from Uranus. 😀

But everyone has seen the sun, the moon, the stars, and Uranus, or am I missing something here?

In fact, I feel bad for anyone who hasn't seen Uranus. They are surely missing out on a prized crater. 

Edited by ABCDBKK

1 hour ago, Captain Monday said:

My anus  has no fissures, sores, or defects as far as I know. 

In fact, I think we are going to need a full comprehensive description of the condition of the rest of your bits and giblets to establish the true state of affairs amidst these concerning circumstances.

Thus, please kindly elaborate in the finest of detail on the full ebb and flow of existence of your bait and tackle, whilst no piece of information should be viewed as too minor to be included when preparing your report.

We will all surely be patiently waiting with bated breath and eager interest for this forthcoming knowledge.

13 hours ago, ABCDBKK said:

What a relief. I will alert the media. We can all live far much happier, peaceful, and stress-free lives now knowing that valuable information. This could even have a positive effect on the doomsday clock!

In any event, please post a series of twenty-seven 8-by-10 color glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one is so that we can verify your claims. 

Are you an Arlo Guthrie fan by any chance? I highlighted the relevant text.

Edited by Mutt Daeng

On 2/21/2024 at 6:48 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

Pro tip. Always test first.