Price for Qdenga and Shingrix vaccines

Captor

Hi, I am considering this vaccines (QDenga and Shingrix) and I wonder where to get those in Bangkok for the best price. I have read some here that people have taken those but unfortunately I have not seen any prices. Is it better to go to a governmental hospital or a small clinic for example. I looked when googling that they are both expensive.

Also can I take both at once?

Thanks

Captor

On 2/21/2024 at 8:41 PM, Polar Bear said:

As far as I know, they are both only available privately at the moment. (I'd love to be corrected if that is no longer the case.) 

Shingrix
Medconsult: 5,590 x 2
Thai Travel Clinic: 5,199 x 2 (but by the time you add hospital/doctor fees, it's practically the same price as Medconsult)
Medpark Hospital: 16,800 total
Bumrungrad: 15,000 (+ fees)

Qdenga
Thai Travel Clinic: 1,639 x 2 (+ fees)
Bangkok Hospital: 5,000 total
Thainakarin Hospital: 4,500 total
Bumrungrad: 4,800 (+ fees)
Samitivej Sukhumvit: 4,200 (+ fees)
Sikarin: 3,900 (+ fees)

These were from 2 or 3 months ago, but I doubt it's changed much. 

I got Shingrix at Medconsult and Qdenga at Samitivej.

The cheapest option I found would be to get them at the same time (one set of fees for each visit) at Thai Travel Clinic, but it's inconvenient for me to get there. I asked them about getting them at the same time, and they said it would probably be OK because Shingrix is inactive and Qdenga is live attenuated, so they would just be given one in each arm. But you have to have a doctor's appointment first, and it will be their decision. (It's also their decision whether to give them at all.) You can arrange the doctor's appointment by teleconsult in advance or in person on the day.

Thank you very much! I think you got it all there and I can stop search on internet. I found this Thai Travel Clinic as well when I googled. I will check where this hospitals are located compared to where I stay in Bangkok and chose considering both price and location.

Thanks again, very appreciated!

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

If anyone is still looking at this, I just got an advert from Medconsult saying they have Qdenga on offer for 3,000 THB each until the end of April. (I don't know if you can prepay for the second shot at that price as well or if only the first one will be cheaper. Obviously, you can't get them both done before the end of April.)

• Like 1