Big Joke faces 2 charges over financial links to gambling operators

anchadian

Virtually impossible for an RTP cop to be clean esp so at this level. Then whether you get busted for it depends on how the winds and tides go, how you happen to be positioned against them and how you act if they go against you. 

Very interesting to see how this will play out

• Confused 1
  • Thanks 2

55 minutes ago, stix40 said:

I know that's Thai porridge.(very nice after a heavy drinking session)

but it's a big Joke .

High ranking rtp officer on charges of corruption.

Goes with the job I think 🤔

His nick originally came from his taste for Jok from my understanding - suspect the 'e' was added when he trained outside Thailand where "jok" had no meaning.

• Thumbs Up 1

Another Farang hater that put more obstacles on extension applications, I for one would not be too sad to see the back of him, if he is guilty. More than likely upset the bank balances of a few higher ups in his past crusading campaigns.

• Confused 1
  • Agree 2

17 hours ago, proton said:

Have they fitted him up to get rid of him?

Who knows but remember he was into some pretty murky stuff that led to his sacking from the police under the Prayut govt. Rumour had it that he upset someone very important and Pravit was only just able to save him from a lengthy prison term.  As head of Immigration in the Prayut govt he flew around the country involving himself in many matters, particularly big cash generating illegal businesses including gambling dens, that had absolutely nothing to do with Immigration.  Rumour also had it that his rapid promotion in the force was due to Pravit's influence and that he was a bagman for that gentleman. Another rumour had it that when he rolled up the corrupt police in the overweight trucks racket who were also involved in the killing of a senior cop by a kamnan he also upset the current police chief who was reportedly close to the murdered police officer.  These rumours may or may not be true but there may be many more stories and allegations out there about him too.  When he appeared in front of the TV cameras in his boxers it was an a kind of estate of houses that he owns and rents out.  I think he uses the classic wealthy wife cop out to explain otherwise unexplained personal wealth but anyway he lacks the image of an honest cop living in a modest wooden house and only in it for the police awards.  So anything could be true or not. 

• Agree 2

18 hours ago, Liverpool Lou said:

Don't want to piss on everyone's cornflakes but I'm pretty sure that being presumed innocent until proven guilty applies in Thailand, Asean Now Thai-bashers notwithstanding.

Nah it's the same everywhere ,Guilty till proven innocent. 

Jus go to a court sitting an you will see That One Has to Prove that He Is Innocent ,

that's why so many people are on Remand in jail and are treated like Crims 

The Prosecuter has an Easy job He just says That One is guilty as Charged.

• Sad 2
  • Love It 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Liverpool Lou said:

The Prosecutor's office doesn't decide on guilt of innocence, it only decides which cases have enough merit to justify taking it to court.

The role of the prosecutor is to enable the victim to tell his or her story in court through careful questioning. These questions must be prepared in advance of the trial. Well before the trial is scheduled to begin, the prosecutor must take the time to think through what questions to ask the victim and in what order to ask them. He or she should then prepare a detailed outline of the topics to be covered in the direct examination and key questions to be asked.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, anchadian said:

image.jpeg

Deputy National Police Chief Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has been charged with the wrongful exercise of duties and accepting bribes by the police.

This follows the discovery of a financial connection between him and an illegal online gambling network through at least 4 mule accounts valued at 300 million baht, as reported by Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat Pankaew, deputy commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB). He also said more than half of the 300 million was transferred to other high-ranking officers and used to cover Pol Gen Surachate's daily expenses.

Pol Gen Surachate, along with four other police officers accused of the same offenses, could also face charges of money laundering, according to Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1760234099829325841

Another joke?

21 hours ago, anchadian said:

Deputy National Police Chief Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has been charged with the wrongful exercise of duties and accepting bribes by the police.

OMG the heads of the Thai police are corrupt?

We'll be finding out that bears sh*t in the woods next

It can't be true

Does a bear poop in the woods? : r/weirddalle

Edited by Muzzique

300 million was transferred to other high-ranking officers and used to cover Pol Gen Surachate's daily expenses.

Surprise! Surprise! Not really.......time to start thorough investigations of all wealth by RTP members, and by an independent body. 

20 hours ago, bamnutsak said:

Need to see more details and sources.

Only a few slobbering fan bois thought like this. 

“Bois”? Seriously? Are we supposed to be impressed with your hip modern vernacular? In Thailand? Or are you that bad at spelling? 

• Confused 1

19 hours ago, Bday Prang said:

As i posted just the other day, anybody who thinks he's clean needs their head examining,  one member who obviously did not agree   even asked me for the contact details of a good phrenologist in an attempt to dismiss my assertion,  I doubt he will be commenting about this :clap2:

What do you think now @PETERTHEEATER

My comment was made in jest. As to my opinion on Big Joke's honesty, I think he is in conflict with many of his peers. They have an uneasy relationship as each side knows the other's secrets. Now his opposition seek to depose him, ostensibly by legal means. Do they have enough evidence to do so? Undoubtedly, but they can certainly invent credible evidence if not. Of more interest to me are the un-named five officers also implicated. Let's see what BJ offers in his defence.

On 2/21/2024 at 10:51 PM, John Drake said:

Personally, I know nothing. I see nothing. I hear nothing. Everything is fine. Just give me my extension without any changes. Yea police! Yea immigration! Yea authority!

The police are underpaid, this is well known, so he used the money for his police expenses, his BMW and Harley to get around and do the job, nothing wrong here. Just make sure the car is bullet proof, that costs a lot to get done. 

2 hours ago, kiwikeith said:

The police are underpaid, this is well known, so he used the money for his police expenses, his BMW and Harley to get around and do the job, nothing wrong here. Just make sure the car is bullet proof, that costs a lot to get done. 

Police Officer Salary Thailand - SalaryExpert.html

The average police officer gross salary in Thailand is ฿663,701 or an equivalent hourly rate of ฿319. In addition, they earn an average bonus of ฿15,331. An entry level police officer (1-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of ฿480,730. On the other end, a senior level police officer (8+ years of experience) earns an average salary of ฿824,109.

According to Thai statistical agencies and international recruitment agencies, the average salary in Thailand in 2023 is 15,416 baht per month or $450. At the same time in the capital, Bangkok, they earn an average of 22,274 baht ($650). In the private sector it is 21,301.04 baht and in the public sector it is 30,068.52 baht.

For a breakdown see;

Salary in Thailand in 2023 (wagecentre.com)

Edited by scottiejohn