Big Joke faces 2 charges over financial links to gambling operators

anchadian

9 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Deputy National Police Chief Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn has been charged with the wrongful exercise of duties and accepting bribes by the police.

This follows the discovery of a financial connection between him and an illegal online gambling network through at least 4 mule accounts valued at 300 million baht, as reported by Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat Pankaew, deputy commissioner of the Central Investigation Bureau (CIB). He also said more than half of the 300 million was transferred to other high-ranking officers and used to cover Pol Gen Surachate's daily expenses.

Pol Gen Surachate, along with four other police officers accused of the same offenses, could also face charges of money laundering, according to Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat.

https://twitter.com/ThaiEnquirer/status/1760234099829325841

[Update] Pol Maj Gen Jaroonkiat stated that the investigation into Pol Gen Surachate is linked to the probe against Suchanun "Minnie" Sucharitchinsri, who is suspected of operating online gambling websites involving 61 suspects and eight other police officers.

In September 2023, Suchanun denied allegations of running illegal online gambling websites. However, she did acknowledge having a close relationship with one of Deputy National Police Chiefs, Pol Gen Surachate "Big Joke" Hakparn's close aides, Pol Col Pakpoom Pisamai.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, John Drake said:

Personally, I know nothing. I see nothing. I hear nothing. Everything is fine. Just give me my extension without any changes. Yea police! Yea immigration! Yea authority!

It was him that brought in the changes.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Oh please.  Next week we will read he has been promoted.  Guy will never go away.

Agree, he's cat-like. Only used two lives so far.

That said, his only promotion remaining is to national police chief.

But we need to see more details.

• Confused 2

I always wondered why such an abrupt, quiet departure from CM Immigration - then off the radar for a few years....

None of it trumpeted loudly like at first when he was in the news everywhere....