Must I visit local immigration as conn. to my address after each arrival to Thailand?

I am Swedish man of age 62 and is currently in Thailand on a Non-Imm. ”O” Visa based on marriage with Thai woman.  Will this time stay in Thailand less than 90 days but are preparing for possibly at next travel to Thailand apply for Extension of Stay. When I applied for the Non-Imm E-Visa visa recently the option of apply for a ”Multiple Entry” via the Thai Embassy in Stockholm was not there anymore..So I had to go for Single Entry…

My wife and I live on two places in Thailand far away from each others. My Wife can however only be registred to my understanding to one address as in her Dark-blue Tabian Ban. So far when I have arrived Thailand we have gone the next day or if is a weekend as soon as possible to the local immigration. My wife have  thus have to do a TM27 report and I have got a Receipt Of Notification as to keep in my passport with her address. However this is the bottom section of a document and I am not sure is from the TM27 or TM30 as this is not seen the receipt.

Now question: When I have arrived Thailand (normally via Suvarnabhumi) must I visit the local immigration office as where my wife lives oficially and also I live when in Thailand. Or is it also an option for to go to the other location and visit the local immigration over there? 

Will I then have to do a TM30 and as we move to the other place visit the local immigration over there to do another TM30? By going with our car between our two places we stay most of the times it can thus get many visits to make TM30 reports for me…

Thank’s Liquorice for your's  replies! 🙂 

—————-

The Non Imm O ME visa is no longer available from a number of Thai Embassy/Consulates. If you make frequent visits, then obtaining the Non O single entry to enter Thailand, then applying for a 1-year extension of stay with a multi entry permit is the solution. 400K THB required in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months prior to submitting the 1-year extension application.

——————-
My reply: Yes this is my plan from like beginning of November this year. We plan to live in Sweden like from middle of April to beginning of November as to get more than 183 days stay in Sweden as per specific Swedish rules and stay less than 180 days in Thailand per year as linked to Thailand tax rules…

Yes. I will probably however applying for 1-year extension of stay based on retirement  instead as per advice from forums and also some friends that tried both options. For me it will minimum 800K THB to keep on my ”Fixed Account” on Bankok Bank Udon Thani branch. This is an account that only allows me to take out money on Bangkok Banks located in Udon Thani. I have asked if I can close this and open another account but Bangkok Bank say that if I close they will not allow me to open another account as new rules have come to force which only allows farrangs to open one bank account! I have informed that I am not in country as a tourist but it does not change anything they replied me. Luckilly I have also a ”Savings Account” to which I have a ATM & Bank-card connected to which not is limited to if money to be taken out to Bangkok Banks in Udon Thani only. 
————————————

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

I'm sure that will be a receipt from a TM30.
If on the second line down it states 'Have received notification of alien's address from', then it's a TM30 receipt.

Okej now I found out how to reply…

The receipt is from the TM27 I believe. When I put in a question of TM30 the Immigration officer my wife spoke with in Thai said something like that TM30 was not necessary this time as I am to stay less than 90 days. I did also only see a TM27 as my wifes Thai ID-card was copied in on the form.

4 hours ago, Liquorice said:

You should use the Immigration office which is located to what you'd call your' permanent' address and treat the other address as a 'temporary' place of stay.

Having registered your 'permanent' address with the local Immigration office, then go to stay somewhere else 'temporarily' then there is no further requirement to file any further TM30 forms, provided you will return to your 'permanent' (registered) place of residence.

OK! For me I will then always thus be travel tonand visit the local immigration in Udon Thani. I have seen notices of within 24 hours and also 72 hours however. Which one is correct and is it arrival to Thailand or from  I have arrived to my final destination that counts? 

I plan to visit a Bangkok Bank at the other place we stay at and  bring a person with me and my wife that works for the Ampur over there and also owns a popular sea food restaurant for Thai manily (great food, prices and location but simple and not to the expectations regards to a high standard as most farrangs look for). This person is  a friend and close relative to my wife and recognised by most Thai over there.  When my wife had some issues with Bangkok Bank previously of which one was to open new accounts it went suddenly no problems at all when this person was with her at Bangkok Bank. One issue was that she had also a Bangkok Bank - Udon Thani branch ”Fixed Account”. When she came back to Udon Thani she went closing this account as there is no point in have an account that only can be withdrawn money from at a Bangkok Bank in Udon Thani. It is not even possible to move money from the ”Fixed Account” to another acoount in Bangkok Bank via the Bangkok Bank Internet-bank. Is only possible move money into the Fixed Account”. Had I known this when opened this type of account like 5 years ago I had gone for another ”normal” savings account. 

8 hours ago, Sea Traveller said:

I plan to visit a Bangkok Bank at the other place we stay at and  bring a person with me and my wife that works for the Ampur over there and also owns a popular sea food restaurant for Thai manily (great food, prices and location but simple and not to the expectations regards to a high standard as most farrangs look for). This person is  a friend and close relative to my wife and recognised by most Thai over there.  When my wife had some issues with Bangkok Bank previously of which one was to open new accounts it went suddenly no problems at all when this person was with her at Bangkok Bank. One issue was that she had also a Bangkok Bank - Udon Thani branch ”Fixed Account”. When she came back to Udon Thani she went closing this account as there is no point in have an account that only can be withdrawn money from at a Bangkok Bank in Udon Thani. It is not even possible to move money from the ”Fixed Account” to another acoount in Bangkok Bank via the Bangkok Bank Internet-bank. Is only possible move money into the Fixed Account”. Had I known this when opened this type of account like 5 years ago I had gone for another ”normal” savings account. 

It's a bank, there's a branch on every corner. Spend 30 mins and visit a few, you will open a account quicker than a phone call to your wife.

10 hours ago, mrwebb8825 said:

Get the single entry Non-O every year then get a multiple reentry permit (basically the same thing and price)

As for the TM-30, check this thread

Thanks I read the thread and will check with Immigration in Udon Thani how they see on TM30 and need for re-reporting when I for example return after a trip with our car with visits to a few hotels on the way? 

Otherwise I am very pleased with the helpful comments from several on this thread and things are much more clear now for me moving forward. And some other things like open another Bangkok Bank account my wife told we dont try anymore in Udon Thani but wait until we go to the other place we stay in Thailand and use her contacts over there…

For my concern Is ok to now close this thread if a moderator would like to do so.