Shamima Begum: East London schoolgirl loses appeal against removal of UK citizenship

Social Media

2 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

She probably ran away from home. Many teenagers do that. Where she got the money to fly and why she chose Syria instead of Weston-super-mare is a different question.

The weather? Syria is a lot warmer than Weston-super-mare. Especially at this time of year.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, VocalNeal said:

She probably ran away from home. Many teenagers do that. Where she got the money to fly and why she chose Syria instead of Weston-super-mare is a different question.

Perhaps one of the 3 was loaded, perhaps they had been chatting to ISIS Rambo's on Skype who financed stuff...:ninja:

I just watched this BBC documentary and interviews with her, her husband, intelligence agents and other people who know a hell of a lot more than anyone in this thread. You'll need a VPN to watch it. And sorry @transam there is no rogering of a 15 year old child in it so it might not be of interest to you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001j079/the-shamima-begum-story

2 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

I just watched this BBC documentary and interviews with her, her husband, intelligence agents and other people who know a hell of a lot more than anyone in this thread. You'll need a VPN to watch it. And sorry @transam there is no rogering of a 15 year old child in it so it might not be of interest to you.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/m001j079/the-shamima-begum-story

Why would I be..............?

2 minutes ago, transam said:

Why would I be..............?

You wouldn't because it would only interest someone who has an open mind and is interested in facts, not speculation or childish name throwing (rogering etc),

1 minute ago, josephbloggs said:

You wouldn't because it would only interest someone who has an open mind and is interested in facts, not speculation or childish name throwing (rogering etc),

Oh, not interested in a bird that shacks up with murderers then, one after the other..............Riiiiight...:whistling:

6 hours ago, transam said:

Oh, not interested in a bird that shacks up with murderers then, one after the other..............Riiiiight...:whistling:

Where are you getting this "one after the other" fantasy? She was married off to one Dutch member early on, they had three kids together (which all died from malnutrition and pneumonia as they literally had no food or care) and she only left him when she managed to escape and the caliphate fell. He was abusive and controlling - do you think she was just a party girl there sleeping around for fun? Watch the documentary (I know you won't).

For the record, if an adult decides to go off and join ISIS and fight then strip them of their citizenship. But she was a vulnerable 15 year old child who was recruited by a school friend, groomed, and went on the journey. Do I believe everything she says? No. Do I believe a child can be groomed, manipulated, and cajoled in to doing something they later regret? Absolutely!

Do I have basic human standards of decency towards children who were manipulated, who have lived in poverty, have had three children die, who have been living in a refugee camp for several years in atrocious conditions and are now rendered stateless? Yes. Do I believe a knee jerk populist decision by a right wing politician sparked by the mainstream gutter press is the right thing? Absolutely not. And people like you are the problem. No independent research, not interested in learning what happened, just keep repeating your fantasy of this 15 year old girl getting gladly "rogered".

A child made a mistake (albeit a big one). The government should have no arbitrary right to strip her of her citizenship. Let her come back to the UK and face trial in a court of law, and if guilty be punished appropriately. What is your problem with that? Leave out the childish rogering thing and perhaps try answering as an adult. Why can't a child who was groomed be given a trial in the UK? Why should a decision made as a child lead to being made stateless? Just use normal adult words, give it a go, I'm all ears.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Agree 1

7 hours ago, josephbloggs said:

Where are you getting this "one after the other" fantasy? She was married off to one Dutch member early on, they had three kids together (which all died from malnutrition and pneumonia as they literally had no food or care) and she only left him when she managed to escape and the caliphate fell. He was abusive and controlling - do you think she was just a party girl there sleeping around for fun? Watch the documentary (I know you won't).

For the record, if an adult decides to go off and join ISIS and fight then strip them of their citizenship. But she was a vulnerable 15 year old child who was recruited by a school friend, groomed, and went on the journey. Do I believe everything she says? No. Do I believe a child can be groomed, manipulated, and cajoled in to doing something they later regret? Absolutely!

Do I have basic human standards of decency towards children who were manipulated, who have lived in poverty, have had three children die, who have been living in a refugee camp for several years in atrocious conditions and are now rendered stateless? Yes. Do I believe a knee jerk populist decision by a right wing politician sparked by the mainstream gutter press is the right thing? Absolutely not. And people like you are the problem. No independent research, not interested in learning what happened, just keep repeating your fantasy of this 15 year old girl getting gladly "rogered".

A child made a mistake (albeit a big one). The government should have no arbitrary right to strip her of her citizenship. Let her come back to the UK and face trial in a court of law, and if guilty be punished appropriately. What is your problem with that? Leave out the childish rogering thing and perhaps try answering as an adult. Why can't a child who was groomed be given a trial in the UK? Why should a decision made as a child lead to being made stateless? Just use normal adult words, give it a go, I'm all ears.

"Leave out the childish rogering thing and perhaps try answering as an adult. "

That would require an adult thinking process.

• Agree 1

22 hours ago, FruitPudding said:

Yet even I think there is a case to be made in her defense here.

I don't. If making an example of her prevents even just one more child following in her footsteps it's worth it.

If IS had not lost would she be trying to get back?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/26/2024 at 6:15 AM, Cory1848 said:

Or, for a specifically British example, there’s always Colonel Reginald Dyer, who ordered his troops to fire on a peaceful crowd at Jallianwala Bagh in Amritsar in 1919, killing as many as 1,500.

And in the 1940's britain and germany threw thousands of tons of bombs at each other killing millions, but we don't spend our lives committing terrorist activities against each other!   you should stop calling people racist it makes you sound like a fragile student

• Confused 1
  • Agree 1