Hard Lessons Make for Hard Choices 2 Years Into the War in Ukraine

9 minutes ago, AlexRich said:

There is no room for debate. That comment alone illustrates your understanding of this world. And it’s incredibly poor. 

You are right

• Confused 1

23 hours ago, sirineou said:

Call me a dreamer , but I think before someone tries to make a point, they need to do a simple Google search on it. 

"The share of total expenditure, the average defence spending was 2.5 % in 2021 in the EU and 2.4% in the euro area. As a share of GDP the average was 1.3% in the EU and in the euro area.[1]

Total defence expenditure of the European Defence Agency (EDA) Member States was €214 billion in 2021, which was 1.5% of the 26 EDA Member States’ GDP, the same percentage as in 2020"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_in_Europe_by_military_expenditures#:~:text=As a share of GDP,same percentage as in 2020.

Some coun tries spend more, and some spend less based on their defence needs, Obviously Greece would spend a lot more faced with a hostile neighbor, than Belgium whose main concern is melting chocolate do to global warming. 

Even if these countries spend 0% they would still not awe nothing to anyone. 

But that is neither here nor there,

My Point stands. .

trump is either a liar o ignorant .based on what he said. And all those who flowed him and believed it, are at the very least ignorant. 

Your choice which of the above options make him more palatable to you. 

Nice waffle, but are you claiming that Euro nations actually have a military that is good for more than providing honour guards for visiting dignitaries?

If spiffy uniforms won wars, judging by the uniforms on the French soldiers present at the greeting of the Emir of Qatar, France would have won WW1 all by itself. Lovely shiny helmets.

• Confused 3

22 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Russia can be defeated in Ukraine by giving Ukraine support. The Trump GOP are on the Putin team, and are trying to deny Ukraine the support needed. In doing so you condemn a nation to rule by dictators and embolden Russia to attack other countries. It’s called appeasement, and it never makes things better, only worse. 

Sooooo, a nuclear armed country can be "defeated", LOL.

Your little rant about Trump only serves to regard anything you say as of little relevance.

If they are intending to deny Ukraine support that IMO isn't because they want Russia to take over the world, but because it's a waste of money better spent improving the lives of the Americans that provided the money being wasted in Ukraine.

In case you hadn't noticed, much of the planet is run by unpleasant men, and you are not advocating removing them from their positions of power, are you? So why is Ukraine of so much more importance to you than Burma, or Tibet? Do you live there?

• Confused 3

17 hours ago, AlexRich said:

Using LOL in any debate on a serious point is moronic. 

If I consider it to be so stupid as not worth a written reply I use LOL.

A nuclear armed country cannot be defeated? You mean like Russia in Afghanistan? Or the USA in Vietnam?

Pointless examples, or rather not examples. Afghanistan and Vietnam did not even have a show of invading the Russian or American homelands. Ukraine is right next to Russia and if they invite the US in that is a direct threat to Russia, and they were muttering about wanting to join NATO, I understand

Next.

You either know nothing about Trump and his long relationship with Russian criminal networks (including Government) or you know (or suspect) but don’t want to acknowledge it. If what you are implying is that he has no connection and simply wants to better the lives of Americans then you’re not worthy of debate in view of your mental incapacity. 

You post something you do not provide any proof for. If you do not, why should I believe you?

I can invent stuff all day too, but it doesn't make it true.

The rest of your rant is, IMO, not worth a reply.

Feel free to put me on ignore.

Edited by thaibeachlovers
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1